inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

Ben Grimm continues to adjust to being in prison and Sue comes home very upset. Also, Wyatt Wingfoot is being hunted by a familiar face.

I was so back and forth on Scarlet Witch being in this issue, even though she's only in the opening. At first, it felt pretty pointless, but when after thinking about it, the scene became something I really loved. She inspires confidence in Reed, who feels like he's losing everything. I love the dialogue between these characters, and writer James Robinson does start this book off with a bit of hope, since the series does have this overwhelming feeling of complete hopelessness.

This is the best super-powered fight scene that takes place in a prison shower I've ever read. Ok, I haven't read many of those. but Robinson and artist Leonard Kirk, with Jesus Aburtov on colors, do one heck of a job. It's paced incredibly well and it has the perfect length. It works for the overall story and Kirk's art and page layouts are fantastic.

Sue returns home after her battle with Victor in FF ANNUAL #1 fro last month where Victor tells her that Malice may still be inside her. It's a suspenseful moment and a bit of a relief to see her return to Reed. Once again, this is something I love about this series. Robinson dips back into stories from the past and utilizes the here. While I'm not an avid FF reader, I strangely feel very included in this book because of my familiarity of older stories.

The end of this issue is simply the best Wyatt Wingfoot is on the run from someone trying to kill him, but he's saved by a very familiar face. First and foremost, Kirk's art is out of this world here. The rain hitting Wyatt is gorgeous and the way the eye leads down these pages is so natural. Robinson paces these pages out until the reveal so well. This is a truly thrilling ending to the book.

The Bad

Believe it or not, there were a couple moments where Kirk's art really took me out of the scene, inside the Bistro. There was a bit of inconsitancy in Wyatt's face. That, with the combination of Jesus Aburtov's colors looking not so hot at times in this scene made it a tad rough.

If you passed up the Annual issue a couple weeks back, first of all, that was foolish because you missed out on something awesome, but it also sheds a lot of light on what happened to Sue. That's the double-edged sword with Annual issues. It can either be a throwaway story no one cares about or something that matters. The thing is that there are people that won't buy them regardless. I wouldn't say it's a "must read" to understand what's going on with Sue, but it truly heightens the emotional impact Robinson presents of her returning home.

While this has no baring on the issue, I'm insanely bummed this is getting cancelled. I'm actually "fanboy" mad about this. Aside from one bump in the road issue, I love this series.

The Verdict

There's some minor problems, but FANTASTIC FOUR #11 is a huge hit. Robinson and Kirk provide the readers with a really fun story that builds on each individual story incredibly well. This book chugs along, month after month, like a well-oiled machine. It's engaging and gripping for new and old readers alike. I love the fact that Robinson continues to dip into the FF well to pull out some old favorites as well. As for the ending, it's brilliantly executed. This is a series you should have on your pull list.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Sigh... Really gonna miss this series.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Cancelled? What did I miss?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me too, And I have no interest in reliving the Civil War and taking away all the growth Reed has had thanks to Hickman and Robinson.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy said:

Marvel's canceling the FF, it's a Fox property, and unlike the X-Men which make up almost half of Marvel, the FF only have one series, so they're canceling it.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Really loving this series and am sad that it is ending. I love that he is using all the F4 history in his series.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy said:

Marvel's canceling the FF, it's a Fox property, and unlike the X-Men which make up almost half of Marvel, the FF only have one series, so they're canceling it.

Don't forget what Claremont said about new X characters, too.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: Yeah, Marvel probably won't get rid of the X-Men, but they will be on a leash.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
    Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past: What do you mean? a book I like about a team I love is being canceled, I think it's just of me to be bummed, everyone else here seems pretty bummed about it, why am I so special?

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@wardishy said:

Don't forget what Claremont said about new X characters, too.

I read somewhere that even though he said that, he's actually created some new ones himself since making that statement...

(although I don't really keep up on the x-books enough to confirm)

ReverendHunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReverendHunt

@wardishy said:

They HAD three within the last year! (Fantastic Four/FF/Ultimate FF). Ultimate FF was canceled dangerously early, before it even had a chance to play with the pieces it had lain out.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@reverendhunt: from what I gathered, Ultimate FF was cancelled due to low sales stemming from spectacularly bad art and lack of consumer interest in the title.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: It was more of a general assessment of your comments on recent articles lol. No, I am not stalking you. However, I do have a considerablely good memory.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@child_of_the_past: What do you mean? a book I like about a team I love is being canceled, I think it's just of me to be bummed, everyone else here seems pretty bummed about it, why am I so special?

At least he was stalking you. I've been complaining about the FF cancellation for ages and I don't so much warrant a mention lol.

Fantastic4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well they say the book needs a break but you know how that go. The team will be back better then ever! David Bell Fantastic4 fan for life!!!!

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: Yeah, Marvel probably won't get rid of the X-Men, but they will be on a leash.

Yeah, they could risk canceling a book like FF, but I would be insanely surprised if they did that to the money making juggernaut that is the X-Men. Limiting the bench available to Fox does sound pretty believable, though.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

such an awesome ending, i've been waiting for Spidey! to appear!

Bummed this series is ending, screw you Ike!

jkma68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past said:

@captainmarvel4ever: It was more of a general assessment of your comments on recent articles lol. No, I am not stalking you. However, I do have a considerablely good memory.

Well then enlighten me, what have I done that's been so negative?

@meatwadf said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Yeah, they could risk canceling a book like FF, but I would be insanely surprised if they did that to the money making juggernaut that is the X-Men. Limiting the bench available to Fox does sound pretty believable, though.

Exactly, the X-Men have an army of fans, and if Marvel got rid of them completely then they've shot their comics in the foot. Plus Marvel can still use the X-Men to promote Disney properties, liked when the Guardians and the X-Men had that super forced crossover a few months before the movie came out. Chances are that crossover got more X fans into seats for the film.

@jkma68 said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Do we know how many more issues they are doing before cancelling?

No, I just remember it ends around spring.

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They say, "all good things must come to an end," but couldn't they make an exception for a series as good as this? I'm pretty bummed. Anyway, I thought this issue was particularly good and a standout in the series so far. Any time Ben does some clobberin' is a good time, as far as I'm concerned.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By StarBrand1

@captainmarvel4ever:

See. Im not the only one who notices your negativity. Especially on everything xmen and FF. You dont have to keep repeating your self everytime an issue comes out.

This issue was fantastic, pun intended.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starbrand1: Or maybe you've just opened up multiple accounts (see, your not the only one who can be creepy and paranoid). Also I don't ever comment on anything X-Men related, because I'm not an X-Men fan. Also, how is me being sad that my favorite series being canceled negative?

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think if you say Fantastic Four three times while looking into a mirror, @captainmarvel4ever appears to tell you about how it's being cancelled since it's a Fox property.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin: That's what's going on, the news sites and sources say that's what's happening, and it only makes sense since there are other books that don't sell as well, that haven't been slated for cancellation yet.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Wow did you really accuse another guy of making two accounts just to call you out. I wasn't even trying to offend you with my first comment. I had just observed that you had been bringing you marvel/fox/Sony conspiracy theory in multiple articles. Also if I'm not mistaken you also went on a rant a while back about why you didn't like that Carol Danvers was called Captain Marvel. I've also seen you bring that up in other articles she's been mentioned in like when Marvel said they were thinking of giving her a film. I even believe I asked you why it mattered. I don't remember your exact response( I wouldn't want to misquote you). As I stated earlier I have a pretty good memory. I could list more things but that would be tedious and overall pointless. I was simply stating an observation, I meant no offense. FYI this is only account I have. I can't speak for the other guy.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past: 1. I have never said anything about Sony Marvel has a good relationship with them

2. I wasn't being serious, I was using that as a way of telling that guy off because he will not stop bothering me

3. It's not really a conspiracy when we have actual evidence that that's happening

4. What does Carol Danvers and Captain marvel have to do with any of this?

5. You still haven't mentioned why you choose to single me out from all the other people here who are bummed

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wardishy: It would certainly help if CV actually reported this news! No wonder you missed it. Get with the program, Comic Vine!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#30 k4tzm4n  Moderator
    Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: You specifically asked me to to give you examples of when I saw you post something negative and that's what I did. Also, I already stated why I posted my original comment. I wasn't singling you out to attack you lol. I was simply making an observation . If I knew you were gonna take it personally I would have I would have added another "lol" or two to my original post just so you would know I was joking. I'm really not understanding the confusion here. I understand why someone would be upset that a book they like is being cancelled. I'm not trying to argue with you but you seem to be under the impression that I'm out to get you. FYI I'm not

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past: I'm not taking it personally, I just wanted to know why out of all the people here, you decided to choose me. Also if it seems like I'm a little wound up, it's because that other guy won't leave me alone, and I was afraid I had another stalker to constantly bother me.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Why do you keep saying "out of all the people here"? At the time of my first comment, there were only 7 other comments posted and 3 of them were yours lol. I wasn't singling you out. I was making an observation. We are both on this site regularly and I read most of the articles and comment sections.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Oh god... I'm not emotionally ready to see Onslaught in a comic book the same day as the words "Heroes Reborn" /shivers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Bearing, not baring.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.