The Falcon Is A bada@@ in Avengers EMH

#1 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

The Falcon is a ,surprisingly, tough customer in his appearance on Averngers EMH:

#2 Edited by War Killer (20205 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh...
 
Also, his voice just sounded...off for some reason.

#3 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Eh... Also, his voice just sounded...off for some reason.

Not sure what Eh... means. I didn't care for the voice either but at least they wrote and animated him as formidable fighter.

#4 Posted by War Killer (20205 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSwordsman said:

@War Killer said:

Eh...

Not sure what Eh... means.

The scene wasn't that exciting.
#5 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@War Killer said:

Eh...

Not sure what Eh... means.

The scene wasn't that exciting.

Well, what's exciting is relative and subjective. I thought it was a pretty good scene. You sure it's not just because you don't like the character for whatever reason?

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13137 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this one. He gets his butt kicked and runs away.

#7 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I saw this one. He gets his butt kicked and runs away.

He still took down Hawkeye in hand-to-hand and showed decent offensive capabilities. Looked to me like Hawkeye was the one who got his butt kicked and used some sleight of hand to squeak out the win.

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Eh... Also, his voice just sounded...off for some reason.

This.

#9 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I saw this one. He gets his butt kicked and runs away.

He still took down Hawkeye in hand-to-hand and showed decent offensive capabilities. Looked to me like Hawkeye was the one who got his butt kicked and used some sleight of hand to squeak out the win.

Took him down....and he got up what? 8 seconds later? 5?

#10 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I saw this one. He gets his butt kicked and runs away.

He still took down Hawkeye in hand-to-hand and showed decent offensive capabilities. Looked to me like Hawkeye was the one who got his butt kicked and used some sleight of hand to squeak out the win.

Took him down....and he got up what? 8 seconds later? 5?

Still took him down. And took out his bow. At least they portrayed Falcon as a decent fighter with good offensive skills and weaponry.

#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he took Hawkeye's lunch money.....you know before he got his feathery butt handed to him

#12 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Well he took Hawkeye's lunch money.....you know before he got his feathery butt handed to him

Looked to me like Hawkeye used a sneak attack (nothing wrong with that) to win and that Hawkeye is actually the one who got his butt handed to him. Not sure why so many people dislike The Falcon so much.

#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

He wasn't that badass...

#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@BlackArmor said:

Well he took Hawkeye's lunch money.....you know before he got his feathery butt handed to him

Looked to me like Hawkeye used a sneak attack (nothing wrong with that) to win and that Hawkeye is actually the one who got his butt handed to him. Not sure why so many people dislike The Falcon so much.

True and I acknowledged his beat down of Hawkeye but Falcon still took the most damage in the end

note: this is not Falcon hate, I actually think the dude is kinda cool

#15 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

He wasn't that badass...

I didn't say he was that badass. I said he was badass. As opposed to not badassed. There was a level of badassery, whatever the extent.

#16 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I saw this one. He gets his butt kicked and runs away.

He still took down Hawkeye in hand-to-hand and showed decent offensive capabilities. Looked to me like Hawkeye was the one who got his butt kicked and used some sleight of hand to squeak out the win.

Took him down....and he got up what? 8 seconds later? 5?

Still took him down. And took out his bow. At least they portrayed Falcon as a decent fighter with good offensive skills and weaponry.

He ran away. Not quite sure how much honor and "credit" we can give Falcon here.

The ran away part is really hard to get over.

#17 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: I dunno, I would say Hawkeye was more of a badass in that clip than Falcon was...

#18 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@BlackArmor said:

Well he took Hawkeye's lunch money.....you know before he got his feathery butt handed to him

Looked to me like Hawkeye used a sneak attack (nothing wrong with that) to win and that Hawkeye is actually the one who got his butt handed to him. Not sure why so many people dislike The Falcon so much.

True and I acknowledged his beat down of Hawkeye but Falcon still took the most damage in the end

note: this is not Falcon hate, I actually think the dude is kinda cool

Actually Hawkeye took the most damage in the end..Falcon just got tased pretty much aside from the fall.

Doesn't really seem like you think he is cool by your initial post.

#19 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I saw this one. He gets his butt kicked and runs away.

He still took down Hawkeye in hand-to-hand and showed decent offensive capabilities. Looked to me like Hawkeye was the one who got his butt kicked and used some sleight of hand to squeak out the win.

Took him down....and he got up what? 8 seconds later? 5?

Still took him down. And took out his bow. At least they portrayed Falcon as a decent fighter with good offensive skills and weaponry.

He ran away. Not quite sure how much honor and "credit" we can give Falcon here.

The ran away part is really hard to get over.

He ran away because they wrote it that way. Prior to that they wrote him as a tough hand-to-hand fiighter with skill and decent weaponry. Not sure why you are turning this into a battle except maybe you just don't like him for whatever reason so you can't give credit for his showing.

Again, They wrote the running part. At least they wrote him as a viable fighter.

#20 Posted by War Killer (20205 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSwordsman said:

@War Killer said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@War Killer said:

Eh...

Not sure what Eh... means.

The scene wasn't that exciting.

Well, what's exciting is relative and subjective. I thought it was a pretty good scene. You sure it's not just because you don't like the character for whatever reason?

I'll admit that he's not on of my favorite characters, but I've never minded his presence in Captain America when written by Ed Brubaker.
#21 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course they write the running away part. They wrote everything.

I'll admit he looked better than usual but for Falcon that doesn't say much.

Not a battle...just not seeing anything impressive from Falcon and I haven't for some time now.

#22 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@TheSwordsman: I dunno, I would say Hawkeye was more of a badass in that clip than Falcon was...

Hawkeye got beaten, his bow destroyed and then snuck an arrow into Falcons wing. That isn't really badassed, although Hawkeye is a badass.You just cannot give the character credit for whatever reason.

#23 Edited by The Stegman (24382 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, he didn't impress me...like at all  
 
Now VISION on the other hand...he was a freakin boss (also notice at the beginning how Black Panther's female guard took Hawkeye out faster and easier than Falcon >_< )
 
  

#24 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@War Killer said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@War Killer said:

Eh...

Not sure what Eh... means.

The scene wasn't that exciting.

Well, what's exciting is relative and subjective. I thought it was a pretty good scene. You sure it's not just because you don't like the character for whatever reason?

I'll admit that he's not on of my favorite characters, but I've never minded his presence in Captain America when written by Ed Brubaker.

That is likely why the scene was not exciting for you. To me it seemed just as on par action-wise as any of the other scenes from the show.

#25 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

In the WOrds of EPic Meal TIME

"WHY YOU HATING? WHY YOU HATING? We out HERE getting this Youtube MOney. While your at Home HAting sitting on the couch Hating. WHY YOU HATING?"

he did his thang and clint did his

side bar:

VOice MOS DEFintinely sounded off

(+)

#26 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Meh, he didn't impress me...like at all

Now VISION on the other hand...he was a freakin boss

I doubt if anything by the falcon would impress you anyway.

@Kallarkz said:

Of course they write the running away part. They wrote everything.

I'll admit he looked better than usual but for Falcon that doesn't say much.

Not a battle...just not seeing anything impressive from Falcon and I haven't for some time now.

He looked like a good fighter to me.

Sounds like nothing from the falcon would impress you.

#27 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@Kallarkz said:

Of course they write the running away part. They wrote everything.

I'll admit he looked better than usual but for Falcon that doesn't say much.

Not a battle...just not seeing anything impressive from Falcon and I haven't for some time now.

He looked like a good fighter to me.

Sounds like nothing from the falcon would impress you.

how about him winning the fight?

Step 1: Get there

Step 2: Fight

Step 3: Win

When he gets to step 3 more than once a year I will give him his standing ovation you believe he deserves for this 15 second showing of excellence.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (24382 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSwordsman:  
 


@The Stegman said:

Meh, he didn't impress me...like at all

Now VISION on the other hand...he was a freakin boss

I doubt if anything by the falcon would impress you anyway.

@Kallarkz said:

Of course they write the running away part. They wrote everything.

I'll admit he looked better than usual but for Falcon that doesn't say much.

Not a battle...just not seeing anything impressive from Falcon and I haven't for some time now.

He looked like a good fighter to me.

Sounds like nothing from the falcon would impress you. 

I don't understand why you're taking this so personally, you like Falcon, fine, but just because I'm not impressed by him swooping in and doing mediocre fighting moves against Hawkeye (who to me was more impressive in the scene) and Bruce Banner  doesn't mean I'm hating on the character, it's just that the clip wasn't impressive to me.
#29 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@Kallarkz said:

Of course they write the running away part. They wrote everything.

I'll admit he looked better than usual but for Falcon that doesn't say much.

Not a battle...just not seeing anything impressive from Falcon and I haven't for some time now.

He looked like a good fighter to me.

Sounds like nothing from the falcon would impress you.

how about him winning the fight?

Step 1: Get there

Step 2: Fight

Step 3: Win

When he gets to step 3 more than once a year I will give him his standing ovation you believe he deserves for this 15 second showing of excellence.

I never said anything about a standing ovation. They barely show BP ever winning a fight anymore without the help of another character. My point was that he shows some skill and toughness. I can't make the writers give him the win, I can only applaud the fact that at least they didn't write him as a wimp. At least you gave him credit for his "15 seconds of excellence" so my job is done.

@The Stegman said:

@TheSwordsman:

@The Stegman said:

Meh, he didn't impress me...like at all

Now VISION on the other hand...he was a freakin boss

I doubt if anything by the falcon would impress you anyway.

@Kallarkz said:

Of course they write the running away part. They wrote everything.

I'll admit he looked better than usual but for Falcon that doesn't say much.

Not a battle...just not seeing anything impressive from Falcon and I haven't for some time now.

He looked like a good fighter to me.

Sounds like nothing from the falcon would impress you.

I don't understand why you're taking this so personally, you like Falcon, fine, but just because I'm not impressed by him swooping in and doing mediocre fighting moves against Hawkeye (who to me was more impressive in the scene) and Bruce Banner doesn't mean I'm hating on the character, it's just that the clip wasn't impressive to me.

I am not taking this any more personal than you. It's a thread. you commented. I commented back. The clip was right on par with most of the other combat scenes in the show. Replace falcon with a character you like and I am certain your view of the scene would be much different. Good luck to you.

#30 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@BlackArmor said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@BlackArmor said:

Well he took Hawkeye's lunch money.....you know before he got his feathery butt handed to him

Looked to me like Hawkeye used a sneak attack (nothing wrong with that) to win and that Hawkeye is actually the one who got his butt handed to him. Not sure why so many people dislike The Falcon so much.

True and I acknowledged his beat down of Hawkeye but Falcon still took the most damage in the end

note: this is not Falcon hate, I actually think the dude is kinda cool

Actually Hawkeye took the most damage in the end..Falcon just got tased pretty much aside from the fall.

Doesn't really seem like you think he is cool by your initial post.

Eh, it looked like he took more damage than Hawkeye to me but whatever. I'm not a Falcon fan but I'm not a hater, I know he has his cool moments and I take that into consideration when I decide how I feel about the character I also know that he's not as lame as everyone says, but even though I hold marginal good will towards the character I can see he plainly just suffered a loss so my original comment was intended to point out in a somewhat humerus fashion that he did in fact take damage and then retreat after only one blow suffered

@mr.obvious said:

@TheSwordsman: I dunno, I would say Hawkeye was more of a badass in that clip than Falcon was...

exactly

#31 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@BlackArmor said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@BlackArmor said:

Well he took Hawkeye's lunch money.....you know before he got his feathery butt handed to him

Looked to me like Hawkeye used a sneak attack (nothing wrong with that) to win and that Hawkeye is actually the one who got his butt handed to him. Not sure why so many people dislike The Falcon so much.

True and I acknowledged his beat down of Hawkeye but Falcon still took the most damage in the end

note: this is not Falcon hate, I actually think the dude is kinda cool

Actually Hawkeye took the most damage in the end..Falcon just got tased pretty much aside from the fall.

Doesn't really seem like you think he is cool by your initial post.

Eh, it looked like he took more damage than Hawkeye to me but whatever. I'm not a Falcon fan but I'm not a hater, I know he has his cool moments and I take that into consideration when I decide how I feel about the character I also know that he's not as lame as everyone says, but even though I hold marginal good will towards the character I can see he plainly just suffered a loss so my original comment was intended to point out in a somewhat humerus fashion that he did in fact take damage and then retreat after only one blow suffered

Oh. So basically it was humorous trolling. Got ya.

#32 Posted by The Stegman (24382 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSwordsman:  
 


@Kallarkz said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@Kallarkz said:

Of course they write the running away part. They wrote everything.

I'll admit he looked better than usual but for Falcon that doesn't say much.

Not a battle...just not seeing anything impressive from Falcon and I haven't for some time now.

He looked like a good fighter to me.

Sounds like nothing from the falcon would impress you.

how about him winning the fight?

Step 1: Get there

Step 2: Fight

Step 3: Win

When he gets to step 3 more than once a year I will give him his standing ovation you believe he deserves for this 15 second showing of excellence.

I never said anything about a standing ovation. They barely show BP ever winning a fight anymore without the help of another character. My point was that he shows some skill and toughness. I can't make the writers give him the win, I can only applaud the fact that at least they didn't write him as a wimp. At least you gave him credit for his "15 seconds of excellence" so my job is done.

@The Stegman said:

@TheSwordsman:

@The Stegman said:

Meh, he didn't impress me...like at all

Now VISION on the other hand...he was a freakin boss

I doubt if anything by the falcon would impress you anyway.

@Kallarkz said:

Of course they write the running away part. They wrote everything.

I'll admit he looked better than usual but for Falcon that doesn't say much.

Not a battle...just not seeing anything impressive from Falcon and I haven't for some time now.

He looked like a good fighter to me.

Sounds like nothing from the falcon would impress you.

I don't understand why you're taking this so personally, you like Falcon, fine, but just because I'm not impressed by him swooping in and doing mediocre fighting moves against Hawkeye (who to me was more impressive in the scene) and Bruce Banner doesn't mean I'm hating on the character, it's just that the clip wasn't impressive to me.

I am not taking this any more personal than you. It's a thread. you commented. I commented back. The clip was right on par with most of the other combat scenes in the show. Replace falcon with a character you like and I am certain your view of the scene would be much different. Good luck to you. 

That's the thing though, it's not the character that didn't impress me, I have nothing against Falcon, it's just..his moves didn't impress me,   
for example, let's replace him with say Batman, who I adore, and if Batman did the following: 
 
1. Swoop in and throw batarangs to disable a surprised Hawkeye 
 
2. Kidnap Banner and swoop away only to be stopped by Hawkeye 
 
3. Fall and rebound with two punches only to be stunned by a arrow stuck in his wing, and fly away. 
 
 
then yeah, I wouldn't be that impressed by Batman either.  
 
As for the claim that it's on par with most other combat scenes, no, it's not, I just showed Vision talking down the Avengers pretty handedly, I think it's the next episode or so actually, as well as many other characters showing much more impressive feats throughout the series.
#33 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

he did alright, falcon is still lame.

#34 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

That is likely why the scene was not exciting for you. To me it seemed just as on par action-wise as any of the other scenes from the show.

So your job is to make us see that Falcon did a good job?

Keep trying.

You really need to be able to detect sarcasm better.

And if you were referring to the Black Panther you really haven't been reading his books. Don't know where you are getting that information from.

#35 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: I don't see how it was trolling, I basically summarised there hand to hand fight, he took down Hawkeye, then he got taken down, and might I add when he got taken down it was for longer, I didn't say anything offensive, I didn't try to provoke any one into an argument, I didn't even necessarily disagree with your original point about Falcon being a badass because I never said he wasn't but if I had gone even so far as to say that he preformed horribly in that fight (which I'm not saying) it still wouldn't be trolling ,I simply stated facts He beat Hawkeye then he got beaten.

@The Stegman: I love Black Panthers female guard....they may even be what I miss most about this show when it's gone, they were just so awesome and badass

#36 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

My Job isn't to do anything. I made a thread because I was happy to see that they showed Falcon as a decent character, not that he was better than anyone, but that at least he wasn't a wimp. I was referring to BP in the EMH series. God you people treat every thread like a battle thread or an opportunity to troll.

@The Stegman said:

I wasn't saying he was better than vision or anyone, only that he had a showing in which he did well. God you people treat every thread like a battle thread or an opportunity to troll.

I'm done. Looks like you can't even have an enjoyable, decent. conversation in a thread. Yes, yes, everyone sucks but the people you guys say don't.

#37 Posted by The Stegman (24382 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor: I'm gonna miss A LOT of things about the show...BP's Female escorts...ok that sounded bad...Cap's inspirational speeches...and most of all 
 
THOR! and how he just says things like "NAY VILLAIN, YOU SHALL FALL!'' or "FOR MIDGARD!!!'' out of nowhere before tossing his hammer.
#38 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

Was it you or I who said "at least you gave him credit, my job is done". -_-

Nobody here is trolling and it's not a battle.

You made a thread claiming that a character looked badass.

We are telling you that he did nothing impressive. Plain and simple.

You not liking that does not classify our comments as trolling.

#39 Posted by The Stegman (24382 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSwordsman:  
 


@The Stegman said:

I wasn't saying he was better than vision or anyone, only that he had a showing in which he did well. God you people treat every thread like a battle thread or an opportunity to troll.

I'm done. Looks like you can't even have an enjoyable, decent. conversation in a thread. Yes, yes, everyone sucks but the people you guys say don't. 

...Dude, I'm not trolling nor am I trying to belittle the character, just because I have a difference of opinion than you doesn't mean I'm biased against Falcon, you can replace him with ANYONE and if they do the same thing he did in the fight, I wouldn't be impressed by them. You made the thread to get commentary, not compliments, and for me, Falcon wasn't impressive in this scene.
#40 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Yeah, those things along with many others were awesome. Why must Marvel destroy everything good?

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon isn't badass in EMH, he's just less lame than usual....

Moderator
#42 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Falcon isn't badass in EMH, he's just less lame than usual....

this right here.

#43 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

lol...he was formidable but he lost...badly

#44 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Falcon. I was happy to see him.

#45 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't EHM getting canceled? well, anyways, hopefully if Falcon is in Captain America: Winter Soldier, he will be a badass as he deserves

#46 Posted by tcJackal (26 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...The scene would had been better if he was not flapping his wing on the floor to get the arrow but instead pulled it out with his other hand. Anyway he probably going to have more opportunities to be a "badass" in the avenger assemble and cap. america next movie.

#47 Posted by War Killer (20205 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit that after going back and reading some of Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America, I found myself enjoying Falcon's presence. I know the idea of him "talking" to birds sounds silly, but the idea of being able to see what every bird in New York City can see is a pretty handy ability.

#48 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

The Falcon is like Aquaman...but lamer. But, seeing as how the next Avengers has The Falcon as somewhat of the main character, they might make him cooler. But, being that it's part of the current Spiderman cartoon continuity, I doubt it.

#49 Posted by FearTheLiving (3093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osiris1428: I wouldn't say that I just don't think Falcon has had a good writer or portrayal yet. Aquaman was the same way until he was revamped into something better than that lame Super Friends version.

As for the scene (yes I know this threads a bit dated) Hawkeye owned Falcon though I'm not complaining Hawkeye was a beast in the show, and Falcon also had the drop on him still made him fly the coop. Pun intended.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.