Falcon, Wingman For Hire

Posted by G-Man (29420 posts) - - Show Bio
Here we go with another cryptic teaser from Marvel. Yesterday we saw Elektra is going to be an assassin for hire in December. Now in a similar fashion, we see that Falcon is offering to be a "Wingman for Hire."  

We can assume these two are related since they both have the same format and are both due in December. The "hire" part might lead you to believe that we'll be seeing a new incarnation of Heroes For Hire, perhaps. 

If that's the case, it's interesting that they'd have an "assassin" available as part of their services. That doesn't really follow with what Luke Cage and Iron Fist have set out to do in the past. 

Also by "wingman," what does Falcon really mean? Is he talking about flying you where you need to go or being your 'wingman' when you go out cruising the nightclubs? 

Guess we'll find out in December. Wonder who's going to pop up next.
Staff Online
#1 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

A new Heroes for Hire?

#2 Posted by the_orange_crush (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Was totally thinking a new Heroes for Hire book that provide more..."extreme" and diverse services. Interesting teasers these last couple of days. Will the teasers last the whole week?

#3 Posted by G-Man (29420 posts) - - Show Bio

I mentioned the Heroes For Hire. It's the 'assassin' part that throws it off. Also, who did this art? Looks like McNiven to me.

Staff Online
#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8107 posts) - - Show Bio

This obviously has something to do with Shadowland... since Flacon is one of the candidates to be the new Daredevil.. in those Man Without Fear teasers that included Nova and Gambit!

#5 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Does that mean Redwing is going to be killing people? 

Not before Thanksgiving!  Noooooo!        

Oh wait... wingman? 

Phew!   

That's a good turkey.
#6 Posted by thiagofonseca (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Or it means nothing, like lots of Marvel teasers - for example, "We are the X-men".

#7 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" A new Heroes for Hire? "
Birds of Prey
#8 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh nice Wingman for Hire! I'll have to take him to the club and pick up girls.

#9 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully they'll clear up all this up soon enough

#10 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

falcon needs a redesign costume

#11 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mumbles said:
" falcon needs a redesign costume "
He should also be an avenger
#12 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" A new Heroes for Hire? "
That's what I'm thinking.
#13 Posted by Sir Duke (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon, Wingman for hire!  When you're talking to a girl and need someone to distract her fat friend, call the Falcon!

#14 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Not shure. Are they both getting their own solo series, or are they gonna be a team, or possibly the new Heroes for Hire? Anyway, at least that put's the whole is Falcon the new Daredevil thing.

#15 Posted by Mutant God (2999 posts) - - Show Bio

I think "wingman" is another way of saying bodyguard

#16 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Please be American Eagle next
#17 Posted by Baddamdog (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta be a new team of Heroes for Hire, 'sigh' it's doomed to be cancelled!

#18 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex said:
" Oh nice Wingman for Hire! I'll have to take him to the club and pick up girls. "
Marvel: Entourage
#19 Posted by conformist21 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

" being your 'wingman' when you go out cruising the nightclubs? "
YES

#20 Edited by Rhodes (34 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

"I mentioned the Heroes For Hire. It's the 'assassin' part that throws it off. Also, who did this art? Looks like McNiven to me. "

I believe it's Harvey Talibao. I know it was definitely him who did the Elektra one so I assume he's doing all of the teasers.
#21 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Falcon, and if he's gonna be part of a new team book, I might jump into it. 
Gotta keep an eye on this.

#22 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

This just made my day

#23 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a new line of "Rent-a-Hero" books!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.