englentine's Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy #1 - The Curse! review

Decent Prologue

In this issue the origin of Solomon Grundy is told and expanded upon as we are given scenes from his past including some familiar scenarios as seen through his eyes. This book turns out to be nothibng more than a prologue for his mini series.
I think I couldgo ahead and give this one a solid good grade. Not knowing too much about the character, I was able to learn afew things. I thought the book was far more interesting than exciting, and the art was a fine fit to the story.
  I did not like this as much as the Kobra issue, but it still holds its own.

Other reviews for Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy #1 - The Curse!

Grundy Smash?! 0

I ain't gonna lie to ya - you're too good for that - right up front, off the top of my head, I'm wondering if this isn't DC's response to World War Hulk. Or the success of last summer's The Incredible Hulk, and the enduring popularity of Lou Ferrigno. Let's face it, Grundy is DC's Hulk. At least that's how he was presented in The Defenders episodes of the Justice League animated series.My interest in Grundy started in Starman 10. Up until that point, Grundy was just a character - with a southern...