Follow

Fabletown Fables

Team » Fabletown Fables appears in 432 issues.

The Fables are those of the childhood stories. After being forced to flee their homelands, they currently reside in the fictional land of New York.

Worth reading?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I've been enjoying the game by Telltale alot which got me curious about the comic, so I was wondering if someone would be willing to answer a few questions for me?

• How many issues are there and is this still ongoing?
    • What would be a good issue to pick the series up from?
    • Would you recommend the series?
    • Is it very similar to the game? (If you have played it)

Any and all replies would be appreciated, and please @ me if you reply since I might forget to check this forum. :D Much appreciated.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

@bruxae:

• Willingham announced that the series would be ending at issue 150, but there's also a few one-shots and books that tie into the series as well (not counting the spin-offs like Jack of Fables, Cinderella, The Literals and Fairest). That said, they are included in the TPBs.
    • The first one, of course.
    • Yes, absolutely, it starts off pretty great. The series goes a bit downhill after a while but it's still good. That said, I recommend reading it after the game ends because you may have some stuff spoiled to you by the comic (for example, as someone who read the comics before playing the game, the first episode's cliffhanger was more of a WTF moment than a shocking moment).
    • Yup, definitely. The comic book is a bit more fantasy-oriented than the game though.
    Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@smashbrawler: Thank you very much for the reply, it was definetly helpful!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bruxae: No problem, hope you enjoy the series once you get to read it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.