Follow

Fabletown Fables

Team » Fabletown Fables appears in 432 issues.

The Fables are those of the childhood stories. After being forced to flee their homelands, they currently reside in the fictional land of New York.

Pitch Fables to Me

neogreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By neogreo

Fables is one of those books that is held in really high regard by seemingly everyone, so I picked up the first trade a while ago. But it actually left me really underwhelmed. Does it get better later on? The concept is neat, but the art was nothing remarkable and the story was just "meh". Should I pick up the second trade and give it another shot?

Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By EisforExtinction
    @neogreo: I found the second trade was better but I still didn't see what all the fuss is about. I stopped reading after that.
    neogreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By neogreo

And it looks like this post got moved to the impossible to find Fables forum, never to be heard from again…

THE_JOKER51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By THE_JOKER51

It's one of the best, most compelling, most emotionally moving comics you will ever read. I just read the one shot Fables: The Last Castle again just now, which is a Prequel (it tells the tale of how the last remaining Fables in their homeland managed to just escape to the Mundy world) Epic battle, in true Alamo fashion, those that stayed behind to fight and die to defend the last gate to safe land, so that other Fables could escape. The story of Blue and Riding Hood moved me to tears yet again.

This book as well as all Fables stories from Willingham/Sturges and pencils-inks from Buckingham/Medina/Leialoha/Hamilton & covers by Jean is one of the greatest most satisfying stories/series ever written in my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.