Fables: 1,001 Nights of Snowfall

Posted by MyComicStoreDotNET (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Review author: Mike Murray, owner/operator of MyComicStore.net

Fables: 1,001 Nights of Snowfall hardcover

Well it’s pretty obvious what the inspiration for this story was to anyone familiar with Arabian Nights. Written by Bill Willingham, I found this to be ingenious! As Snow White is held captive by a Sultan, she puts off her intended nuptials and execution by telling him a story every night for 1,001 nights.

The book, overall, was good. I wasn’t as pleased with it as I think I could have been but I wanted more of it at the same time I was worried that I would read so much of the Fables I would bore myself.

There are a series of stories here illustrated by some of the giants in the industry;

- Charles Vess

- Michael W. Kaluta

- John Bolton

- Mark Buckingham

- James Jean

- Mark Wheatley

- Derek Kirk Kim – Tara McPherson - Esao Andrews

- Brian Bolland - Jill Thompson – Todd Klein

The individual stories are fantastic Fables experiences! One is two pages long and the rest are longer. None of the stories seemed especially insightful or had ‘a moment’ but they were good fare that kept me turning the pages at a sleep losing pace. The different artistic interpretations were a joy to behold. I’m excited to read more of these Fables.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.