C2E2 2010: Bill Willingham

Posted by G-Man (30630 posts) - - Show Bio
Play
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Staff
#1 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

Was I the only one who caught what looked like Snow White walk by right as Babs mentioned Snow White? Good timing!

#2 Posted by daveydavey (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Fables is Great, I just started reading on issue 87. I like it now to buy MORE!
#3 Posted by MichaeltheFly (6555 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, this video made me laugh so much.

#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with him that the best place to start is with Vol. 1, reading a trade a week was so much fun and by the time I ran out of trades I was so hooked I had to pick up the issues (and I still get the trades) so it's a wonderful series

but I think Bill may be outdoing his goal because even I (a male) got teary-eyed when Boy Blue died :(

#5 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

I might start reading Fables....

#6 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

When he started talking about the possible end of Fables I almost cried.

#7 Posted by ClockworkDrago (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: same here im reading the jack of fables trades now  no matter what bill willingham does its always steady solid work i have never been bored reading any of the trades

#8 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady Tlieso said:
" When he started talking about the possible end of Fables I almost cried. "
I had the same reaction before I even pressed play because the subtitle of the video said, "Could the end of Fables be near?" :(

I read in someone's Fables review that they factored in Bill's age and a monthly schedule and said he should be able to at least get to #300 with ease, that's what I'm hoping for :D
#9 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Lady Tlieso said:
" When he started talking about the possible end of Fables I almost cried. "
I had the same reaction before I even pressed play because the subtitle of the video said, "Could the end of Fables be near?" :(  I read in someone's Fables review that they factored in Bill's age and a monthly schedule and said he should be able to at least get to #300 with ease, that's what I'm hoping for :D "
Yeah the subtitle got me too. With my other favorite title getting canceled I don't think I could handle losing Fables to. #300 sounds pretty good to me.
#10 Posted by G-Man (30630 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: 
@Lady Tlieso:
Who would put a subtitle like that on there...?
Staff
#11 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I love his Justice Society of America work.
#12 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3547 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Babs is also from New York. I'm sure she has seen all kinds when it comes to how people treat each other.

The irony, just as Babs mentions Snow White. A person kind of dressed as Snow White is walking around in the background. I never really saw the original Snow White tale all that romantic. The prince didn't know that kissing her would bring her back to life. In fact, I believe what brought her back in the original story was during the cart ride there was a bump that knocked the poison apple out of her throat. Apparently, no one in that world knew basic CPR. You always check for blockage in the windpipe.

That guy at the 3:32 mark looks like he has that baby inside the backpack if you just look quickly. lol At 7:12 it looks like I found Bab's stalker.

#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Michael the Fly said:
" Lol, this video made me laugh so much. "
Yeah, me too.  He's very sharp... and cruel!  He's out to make girls cry! ;)
#14 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benzo said:
"I might start reading Fables.... "

Yes you should.... 
I started collecting the trades... they are sooo good! 

and I love the fact that Willingham has to have a connection to the original fables' stories to see a progression of the character... 
I think on most Fairy Tale remakes, people ignore that! 

Great Interview...  
#15 Posted by PsychoPanda (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been following Willingham's work for a long time, and have to say that Fables is his best work ever. Marvelous stuff. He's a great guy to chat with at conventions too, he really knows how to keep everyone entertained with stories while they are waiting in line. 

Great questions, Babs! :)

#16 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @aztek the lost: 
@Lady Tlieso: Who would put a subtitle like that on there...? "
someone without a soul and a sadistic personality?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.