krakoa's Fables #96 - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Chapter Three of Rose Red review

• krakoa wrote this review on .
  • krakoa has written a total of 209 reviews. The last one was for

What About Rose?

Fables at the moment is a quiet series possessing a great deal of elegance. The current arc details the early lives of Snow White and Rose Red, in an attempt to explain why Rose has behave the way she has over Fables' lengthy run. Anyone with a passing familiarity with the fictional character of Snow White will have no problem getting the gist of what's going on. This isn't Disney though, so expect Bill Willingham's usual twisted style. I can't quite dismiss the tone of Fables overall as cynical because I feel that's too simple a label, but it is a fairly dark book that has equal parts wondrous magic and melancholy.