Follow

Fabian Nicieza

Person » Fabian Nicieza is credited in 1468 issues.

Fabian Nicieza has mostly written at Marvel and is co-creator of Deadpool, Shatterstar, and the X-force team; and was the first writer on New Warriors. He also served as editor of Star Comics and Acclaim Comics.

Fabian Nicieza on the end of Red Robin.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By blur1528

Fabian discusses how he cut down 7 Days of Death, the Bommerang arc and the lost Red Robin Annual.

As many have noted, of course I was a bit cramped for space, but the amount of information imparted in the issue was MY choice, not imposed by anyone else.

Originally the "7 Days of Death" was going to run #22-25 and Boomerang was going to run #26-27.

Then I lost #22 to the Azrael crossover in the bat books, so I was just going to bump it by one month and run it #23-26.

Then the reboot plans were finalized after being in the works for a while and I was notified about what was going on, which meant I had a choice, run "7 Days" for 4 issues and end the series with that or... cut the storyline down to 3 issues and then cut my Boomerang story to 1 issue in #26.

Rachel really wanted me to try and do the Boomerang story in 1 issue because she really wanted to see it in print. The more I thought about it, the more I did too, and found a pretty clean way to do it in 1 issue.

But that meant "7 Days" had to suffer a bit, especially more extended screen time for the Daughters of Acheron and Cass.

The Cricket page was really just me being petulant about losing the planned Annual, which would have depicted the entire story. I wanted to get Cricket on paper and I wanted to see Marcus design him so I threw it out there almost like one of Tolkein's Distant Mountains -- a story that happened that you may or may not ever know the full details of.

If fans are upset about that, I'm okay with that, since I'm upset about it, too.

The Tam breakup was always going to happen as a result of the Lucius Fox fake death, but the longer term plan was for Tim to realize just how much he needed Tam in his life to ground and humanize him and he would work to "win her back."

As for the identity of Mystery Voice, well, I wouldn't even tell Rachel and Rickey who he/she was, but I did provide enough clues for people to try guessing. Will we ever see his expectations for Tim bear out? Who knows... never say never, right?

I just did the final proofing edits on #26, so until it comes out next month and we chat about it a bit here, my work on RR is sadly done. I am enjoying writing LEGION LOST a lot (and I sure hope you all check it out), but that doesn't mean I don't already miss this book, this character, my excellent editors, my incredible artist and the fans on this forum.

If you all want a Tim book again, no matter who the creative team might be, the best way to make that happen is by supporting the character in the new publishing program! Success begets spinoffs, so make Teen Titans a success!

-- fabian
    Originally stated on DC's message boards.
    http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread.jspa?threadID=2000249993&tstart=0
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

That makes me sad. Red Robin was such a great book, I hope it comes back with Nicieza writing again.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @The_Tree said:
    That makes me sad. Red Robin was such a great book, I hope it comes back with Nicieza writing again.
    sames, I plan on fully supporting TT
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By fodigg

the only thing I didn't like about Red Robin was the name.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By blur1528
    @spiderbat87: Same here. I hoping to get a Red Robin series in a year if Teen Titans does really well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.