Follow

Exiles

Team » Exiles appears in 427 issues.

The Exiles are group of time and space traveling characters that are charged with the duty of jumping across multiple parallel realities. In each reality they must resolve a certain issue before they can move on to the next one in order to save the Multiverse.

The Exiles...why haven't they all been arrested yet?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Okay, for those who don't know who The Exiles are or what The Time Variance Authority is let me briefly explain some details about both parties. 

The Exiles are a group of Mutants (and on occasion a superhuman here and there) from various alternate timelines who travel from one reality to the next fixing a catastrophic ripple in the fabric of time/space that alters the history of entire timelines upon contact was accidentally created after the insectoid Timebreakers screwed around with the enigmatic Panoptichron's systems on accident (they were only trying to map and study alternate realities but that ended up happening instead).

The Time Variance Authority is, as its name suggests, a Bureaucratic Organization that keeps tabs on EVERYTHING that is happening in The Marvel Multiverse (and apparently The DC Multiverse as well...they once monitored that DC/Marvel co-owned Access guy doing...something. I don't know what but it involved interdimensional travel.) Not only that they are there to ensure that things like the ripple that has been tearing through The Multiverse or the Zombie Plague that has spread throughout at least 1,001 Universes do not happen. Though due to their Bureaucratic ways so much paperwork has to be done before they can even send out their massive dimension-spanning army of hired mercenaries to go do the dirty work.

Okay, onto the whole reason for this thread. For the past several months The Exiles have harmed more realities then they have fixed, not only that but because of their blatant refusal to kill Earth-1720's Reed Richards his ex-wife Susan (who is Madame Hydra in her world), her new boytoy Wolverine and the super-obscure Psylocke-exclusive villain called The Slaymaster have escaped into The Multiverse. Because of that a currently unknown amount of alternate Psylocke's are being murdered by The Slaymaster in each reality "Team Hydra" visits and while I know a lot of people hate Psylocke think about this: with each variation of her being killed in each reality visited by The Slaymaster he is causing massive temporal incursions that could very well have catastrophic effects on every reality he has created an incursion in just by murdering that world's Psylocke.

The amount of incursions Slaymaster has created is the most obvious or at least the most likely reason why now The Multiverse is dying. Entire worlds are literally vanishing from existence without rhyme or reason and whose fault is it for allowing The Slaymaster and his two Masters to escape the confines of Earth-1720? The Exiles. So I am wondering...why hasn't The Time Variance Authority stepped in, repossessed The Panoptichron and have arressted The Exiles for the atrocities they have committed? I mean I love The Exiles, but they are partially the reason as to why The Multiverse has started dying. Also what about Immortus, Alioth, Kang, Revelation and The Delburic Consortium for that matter? Entire regions of The Multiverse are under their jurisdiction...and then we have The Living Tribunal who should be the one being most concerned about this whole mess. It's his primary duty to keep The Multiverse alive and if its dying as a result of a bunch of stupid little Mutants meddling with things they should not then they have to be shut down!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    King Hyperion said:
    "Okay, for those who don't know who The Exiles are or what The Time Variance Authority is let me briefly explain some details about both parties. 

The Exiles are a group of Mutants (and on occasion a superhuman here and there) from various alternate timelines who travel from one reality to the next fixing a catastrophic ripple in the fabric of time/space that alters the history of entire timelines upon contact was accidentally created after the insectoid Timebreakers screwed around with the enigmatic Panoptichron's systems on accident (they were only trying to map and study alternate realities but that ended up happening instead).

The Time Variance Authority is, as its name suggests, a Bureaucratic Organization that keeps tabs on EVERYTHING that is happening in The Marvel Multiverse (and apparently The DC Multiverse as well...they once monitored that DC/Marvel co-owned Access guy doing...something. I don't know what but it involved interdimensional travel.) Not only that they are there to ensure that things like the ripple that has been tearing through The Multiverse or the Zombie Plague that has spread throughout at least 1,001 Universes do not happen. Though due to their Bureaucratic ways so much paperwork has to be done before they can even send out their massive dimension-spanning army of hired mercenaries to go do the dirty work.

Okay, onto the whole reason for this thread. For the past several months The Exiles have harmed more realities then they have fixed, not only that but because of their blatant refusal to kill Earth-1720's Reed Richards his ex-wife Susan (who is Madame Hydra in her world), her new boytoy Wolverine and the super-obscure Psylocke-exclusive villain called The Slaymaster have escaped into The Multiverse. Because of that a currently unknown amount of alternate Psylocke's are being murdered by The Slaymaster in each reality "Team Hydra" visits and while I know a lot of people hate Psylocke think about this: with each variation of her being killed in each reality visited by The Slaymaster he is causing massive temporal incursions that could very well have catastrophic effects on every reality he has created an incursion in just by murdering that world's Psylocke.

The amount of incursions Slaymaster has created is the most obvious or at least the most likely reason why now The Multiverse is dying. Entire worlds are literally vanishing from existence without rhyme or reason and whose fault is it for allowing The Slaymaster and his two Masters to escape the confines of Earth-1720? The Exiles. So I am wondering...why hasn't The Time Variance Authority stepped in, repossessed The Panoptichron and have arressted The Exiles for the atrocities they have committed? I mean I love The Exiles, but they are partially the reason as to why The Multiverse has started dying. Also what about Immortus, Alioth, Kang, Revelation and The Delburic Consortium for that matter? Entire regions of The Multiverse are under their jurisdiction...and then we have The Living Tribunal who should be the one being most concerned about this whole mess. It's his primary duty to keep The Multiverse alive and if its dying as a result of a bunch of stupid little Mutants meddling with things they should not then they have to be shut down!"
    To answer your question: Because you won't get interesting, modern storylines when Claremont is writing the book.
    Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mr Mofo

After reading the last few issues of New Exiles, I think they should arrest Claremont...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Mr Mofo said:
    "After reading the last few issues of New Exiles, I think they should arrest Claremont..."
    I miss Winick
    Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr Mofo

I just don't understand how it's gotten so bad.  Claremont knows how to write.  Or he used to at least.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Claremont was a great writer in the 70s & 80s. However, comic writing has evolved and he has not as a writer. Simple as that. No one thinks that intensely while fighting. No one uses that much exposition.

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr Mofo

Reading New Exiles just makes me sad.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I dropped it after #2, I had enough of Claremont's B.S.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

I've been a fan of Tom Grummett.  I've been hoping that somehow things get better.  It's weird how suddenly the new characters they come across are weird amalgamations of different characters instead of the old "What if" approach they used to have.  Que pasa aqui?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The what if approach was much more enjoyable.

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr Mofo

I agree too.  I get that Gambit is popular and they felt the need to include him.   His "origin" is just lame.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Mimic
    Blink
    Thuderbird
    Magnus (I loved all 4 issues he was in)
    Nocturne
    Sabretooth
    Spider-Man 2099

Bring them back, I'm lonely without that book.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Tevnoba
    inferiorego said:
    "Mimic
    Blink
    Thuderbird
    Nocturne
    Sabretooth
    Spider-Man 2099

Bring them back, I'm lonely without that book."
    I agree. Fire Star and Morph as well.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

How could I forget Morph?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

inferiorego said:

"Mimic
    Blink
    Thuderbird
    Nocturne
    Sabretooth
    Spider-Man 2099

Bring them back, I'm lonely without that book."

Oh I definately agree with this line-up. All someone would have to do is bring in the alternate Magnus that was part of The Grandmaster's Exiles, then we head over and pick up "The Big M" version of Mimic (the only difference between the two men is that one Mimic accepted Xavier's offer to become an X-Man and the other didn't however Blink reformed that incarnation of Mimic and now he is a hero just like the one who tragically died at the hands of Proteus), find someone with matter manipulation abilities (like The Silver Surfer or a Captain Universe) to rid Nocturne of the nasty effects her Claremont-induced stroke had on her, round up T-Bird and Blink as well and then they just need to go out and find the alternate Spider-Man 2099 who aided Genis-Vell and that future incarnation of Starfox in the battle against Rick Jones' evil counterpart Thanatos as well as The Maestro during the "Time Flies" story-arc Peter David wrote for the Captain Marvel series that existed prior to the one where Genis went insane.

As for Claremont's League of Losers all that needs to be done is to trick them all into going on a mission to Earth-4023 where they will all be left for dead and will be at the mercy of a presumably starving and bloodthirsty King Hyperion and before anyone asks, from the way he snorted Holocaust's lifeforce up through his nose like Cocaine and threatened to eat...something belonging to the two counterparts that squared off against him at the end of "Timebreakers" I would say it is safe to assume King Hyperion is a Cannibal of the highest order. I mean the man was going to eat his counterparts had he succeeded in killing them both!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.