Follow

Exiles

Team » Exiles appears in 427 issues.

The Exiles are group of time and space traveling characters that are charged with the duty of jumping across multiple parallel realities. In each reality they must resolve a certain issue before they can move on to the next one in order to save the Multiverse.

The Exiles run - Which issues are worth reading?

Viking_Funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've always been a bit of a Nightcrawler fan, and am interested in reading a series with Nocturne in it (his alternate-reality daughter with Scarlet Witch). So I thought I'd give Exiles a try, but reading 100+ issues of variable quality seems like a bit of work.

Is there a period where the Exiles gets good, and when is it a good time to stop reading the series? I.e. - when does the series fall off?

Danke.

Tommy_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@viking_funeral: I'm a bit late on the reply but the answer would definitely be Exiles Vol 1 issues from 1 to 60-80. Around issue 60 was when the title started losing it's steam though some issues after that were still good/decent and it only became unreadable after around issue 80 or so. If after that you want to read more Exiles you can continue to Exiles Vol 2 which was unfortunately only 6 issues long run.

I suggest you avoid the Exiles Vol 1 issues 80-100 and New Exiles run which was about 18 issues long (I think) which basically means avoiding anything with Claremont's name on it. He was a great writer once but by the time he was writing Exiles he had already lost his touch plus he was forced by editorial to only write stories with characters he had created during his X-Men runs so we lost all the cool alternate characters who made the Exiles great to begin with.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.