Respect the Demon

#1 Edited by BlackWind (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

This is very long overdue, so lets all pay our respects to the rhyming prince of Hell, Etrigan.

#2 Edited by BlackWind (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

Both scans show just what kind of mystical power Etrigan is packing.

#3 Posted by ccraft (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

he seems really cool, I'd like to get the new 52 series

#4 Posted by BlackWind (7053 posts) - - Show Bio
Etrigan can superheat his body
Blitzes Batman
In the process of choking him out...and other things
Etrigan is completely unaffected by Batman's blow and decides he likes his style, once again creeping up on him by surprise
#5 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

he seems really cool, I'd like to get the new 52 series

People do yourself a favor and do so. The first 15 (16) issues are among the best stuff DC has recently published and the current run has been quite good as well.

@BlackWind: Oh man, you should have included the part where he kisses Batman, that was hilarious.

#6 Posted by BlackWind (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: The scan won't upload for some reason.

#7 Edited by BlackWind (7053 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

I pray to god that Demon Knights doesn't get cancelled, it's a hell of a good book, Cornell and now Venditti doing wonders.

If it does get cancelled though, where do you think Etrigan will go next? what title?

#9 Posted by BlackWind (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baberaham_Lincoln: Etrigan needs his own title, whether imn a fantasy world or modern day.

#10 Edited by BlackWind (7053 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: Nice :-)! I don't really read any DC comics so I am not to oo famliar with this character but your scans are impressive! Definitely worth reading up on him.

#12 Edited by BlackWind (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Glad yo like it.

Etrigan is okay after seemingly fatal injuries

#13 Posted by utkanflash (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks man... This is so good to me ım learn and see new somethings about etrigan.... ım waitin for the rest... please continue

#14 Posted by Bogey (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan is the best freestyle rapper in the comic book universe.

#15 Posted by BlackWind (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bogey: @utkanflash: @THUNDERBOLT30: @Baberaham_Lincoln: @SmashBrawler: @ccraft:

#16 Posted by ccraft (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: Diana<Etrigan<Phantom Stranger woooo lol

#17 Edited by Owie (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to see some of these fights. Here's some more, and sorry they're all out of order, there's nothing I can do about it:

Etrigan vs Lobo (READ IN THIS ORDER: #11, 10, 9, 7, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 2, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12)

(Note that they get separated and come back to fight again a couple times during the fight)

Etrigan vs Superman (READ FROM RIGHT TO LEFT)

Etrigan vs Abaddon, protector of the entrance to Hell (READ FROM RIGHT TO LEFT)

Etrigan (technically, a version of his body from a couple hundreds years ago, which is temporarily possessed by another demon, but whatever) has had his limbs cut off, and magically transplants human limbs in their place

Etrigan's clothes are protective

Various examples of magic use: pulling out the demon that is possessing a man, teleportation, shields, changing the target of a missile

some magic from Jason: blasting Lobo and scrying

destroying the castle of Beelzebub, a lord of hell, with the help of Abaddon (READ IN THIS ORDER: #2, 3, 1)

Manages to VERY TEMPORARILY destroy the Phantom Stranger's body

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.