Is Etrigan related to Trigon?

#1 Posted by WarlordEternal (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently started re-reading through Etrigan's history and I discovered that he is the son of Belial; however, in post-flashpoint continuity Belial is the son of Trigon.

Wouldn't that make Etrigan his grandson.

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12674 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Balial was Trigon's son in pre-Flashpoint continuity as well. But in regards to your question, yes, I suppose it does. And that is WEIRD.

#3 Edited by WarlordEternal (3020 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12674 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by WarlordEternal (3020 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12674 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by WarlordEternal (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: It also raises a few more questions. If he is still Belial's son, then who is his mother? Why is he in hell serving Lucifer, and not with his father or grandfather. If he is aware of Trigons existence (evident in the picture) is he aware of the possible relation?

#8 Posted by BlackWind (7243 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: Pre 52, Etrigan was the son of Belial and Ran va Daath, who was a serpentine spirit of deceit.

Etrigan's family was never really given much focus. Though Merlin and Lord Scapegoat were his younger brothers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.