Follow

Eric O'Grady

Character » Eric O'Grady appears in 329 issues.

After stealing prototype Ant-Man armor from SHIELD, Eric O'Grady became the Irredeemable Ant-Man; the world's most unlikable superhero. He spend time as a member of the Initiative, The Thunderbolts, and the Secret Avengers before he was killed. He was reborn as an evil synthetic version of himself and went freelance with Taskmaster.

Update on Ant-Man film

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

It's been years since Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish first began drafting duties on a feature film version of Marvel Comics Ant-Man and rumors about the project finally making it to the big screen have persisted ever since. Today, The Hollwood Reporter brings some strong encouragement, revealing that Wright has completed work on a test reel designed to help get the film the green light.

"The idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both... Henry Pym and Scott Lang," Wright told SuperheroHype some years ago. "So you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of 'Tales to Astonish' mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him."

Of course, substantial changes may have been made to the script since then, especially given the hero's comic book role as one of the founding members of The Avengers.

Whether or not an Ant-Man feature moves forward remains to be seen, though the odds are better than ever that it will happen and that Wright, previously attached only as a screenwriter, will be directing. Production on the film could theoretically begin as soon as Wright completes his next project, The World's End, reteaming with Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. He's also attached to direct The Night Stalker with Johnny Depp in the lead for Walt Disney Pictures, but there's no specific timetable on when that might shoot.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

:D

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

Hmmm.

Gambit will be pleased.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Gambit1024 said:

I figured you would be upset that hey are pushing Lang as the primary Ant-Man.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

@cattlebattle said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I figured you would be upset that hey are pushing Lang as the primary Ant-Man.

Hey, an Ant-Man movie's an Ant-Man movie. Pym's in it, and that's more than good enough for me. Besides, maybe they'll speed his character up and make him either Giant Man or Yellowjacket, which I'd totally be ok with. Sure, Lang (IMO) is the more boring of the three Ant-Men, but he's still a good character regardless. Now all I need's an O'Grady movie after this, and I'll be the happiest Ant-Fan in the world...

Ant-Fan... I just made that up on the spot, and I'm sticking to it.

Jodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jodez

So test reel footage, do the general public (namely us) get to see it or is that just for the higher ups?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

@Jodez said:

So test reel footage, do the general public (namely us) get to see it or is that just for the higher ups?

Probably just for the higher-ups unfortunately :/

But it'll make for a nice extra on the DVD/Blu-Ray :)

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By the_tree

Sounds pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I like the idea of Hank working in the 60's though, I'd like to see him on the Avengers team.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReVamp

@Gambit1024 said:

@ReVamp said:

Hmmm.

Gambit will be pleased.

I SWEAR YOU WEREN'T HERE WHEN I POSTED THIS. F*CKS SAKE, You have horrible timing!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

@The_Tree said:

Sounds pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I like the idea of Hank working in the 60's though, I'd like to see him on the Avengers team.

Oh, he'll be appearing in the actual 60's? :/ Well at least we'll see the bulky helmet and the lame villains like Egghead, so that's cool. Stay positive :)

@ReVamp said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@ReVamp said:

Hmmm.

Gambit will be pleased.

I SWEAR YOU WEREN'T HERE WHEN I POSTED THIS. F*CKS SAKE, You have horrible timing!

It's Ant-Man news. I have perfect timing on this stuff :P

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReVamp

@Gambit1024: Hnnngh...

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Blood1991

I demand Wasp. If Janet isn't in it then I will not be pleased.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024 said:

@The_Tree said:

Oh, he'll be appearing in the actual 60's? :/ Well at least we'll see the bulky helmet and the lame villains like Egghead, so that's cool. Stay positive :)

Yeah, and the quote is said to be years old, so maybe they changed it. Either way, I'm still excited to see Hank on the big screen, and will end up watching the movie no matter what.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.