Follow

Eric O'Grady

Character » Eric O'Grady appears in 329 issues.

After stealing prototype Ant-Man armor from SHIELD, Eric O'Grady became the Irredeemable Ant-Man; the world's most unlikable superhero. He spend time as a member of the Initiative, The Thunderbolts, and the Secret Avengers before he was killed. He was reborn as an evil synthetic version of himself and went freelance with Taskmaster.

An Ant-Man Movie Made By...Pixar?

• 94 results
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Moomin123

I think Ant-Man should be made as a live-action movie. That way, there can be a tie in to the Avengers movie.
    5ive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By 5ive

I think the movie could work, it would just be more focused towards children. Is any of us that much of an Ant-man fan that we would be offended by it, i think not. Pixar makes great movies, they havent flopped yet

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

come to think about it, this oes to show one of the good points about the Disney/Marvel merge.
    backing. something doesnt fall through elsewhere and is under the risk of being shelved, Marvel has Disney to
    pick it up. 

as for the worry that Pixar will dumb it down, im having to say they seem guilty of the opposite with their
    films. they keep making smarter movies and weaving the mature stories fluidly with the kiddie.
    Incredibles? Omnidriod kills all the supers? 

People keep forgetting that both Marvel and Disney have overstated now, even out of Stans mouth,
    that Disney respects Marvels vision and will stick to it. Pizar will follow suit. Im picturing in this case
    we will see live actors fully immersed in a CGI enviroment. Something also tells me given the amount
    of hype and work Wright has already put into the idea, that they will end up picking him up and his
    script, as who wouldnt want to work with him and Simon Pegg?

ernie_aka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ernie_aka

Could be interesting. Thumbs up!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By FoxxFireArt

When I hear Ant Man and Pixar. I think of their movie. Ant's Life.

E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.
    @kneel before doom: @kneel before doom said:
    " @E.I.S.A.M. said:
    " Hank Pym beat his wife, has an inferiority complex, and can't make up his mind on anything, including his costumes, and if he loves his wife or not. Yeah, this has Pixar written  all over it. "
    This was back when he was ant-man, his wife just been murdered, Janet is his crime fighting partner, I doubt they will be married in the film "
    It's still there, it's were the character goes, what he develops into. But I think I'm just ranting because I don't like Hank Pym.... That's probably it...
    kickassrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By kickassrox

I only have a couple things to say. The first one  : HAVE YOU GUYS GONE COMPLETLY INSANE??!!?!?!?!? I for one can say for sure that Disney buying Marvel is NOT a good thing.  I can't sleep at all at night knowing that great characters like spider-man, hulk and Deadpool are going to be under the same umbrella as Zach efron and Mickey mouse. what'll happen to awesome comics like Kick-Ass? they'll probably be canceled so Marvel can become more family friendly. I LOVE marvel comics and I don't want to see them change to become more family friendly. The comics and the storylines are awesome and I hope like hell that disney doesn't change them at all. That's all I have to say.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By InnerVenom123

To me, Ant Man's always been a joke, so making his movie an animated CG wouldn't bother me.... but it might mess up the Avengers movie.
    Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#60  Edited By Deadstroke

Pixar has a live action film coming out that involves earthquakes. 

So If they make it live action, I'd enjoy it.

neilFeigeles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By neilFeigeles

Honestly I was hoping Ant-Man and the Wasp would be in The Avengers movie.  Since he is one of the founding members. I mean they could introduce his character in The Avengers movie itself.  But if Pixar (Please God) wants to do a Ant-Man movie.  LET THEM.  So far every movie they've done has only gotten better then the one before.  I mean UP was astonishing!  Story, direction, artistry on film.  I could only imagine what they could come up with.  Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something more on the lines of The Silver Surfer, Sub-Mariner, Warlock.  The list is endless, and the possibilities are many.  I just hope I live long enough to see a lot of them created correctly.  The best film makers in the world adapting my favorite childhood heros.  What could be better then that. 

Laudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Laudo

Honestly, I think it's one of those things that's just crazy enough to work. As long as it's not in the same universe as The Incredibles. And they could even keep things like the spousle abuse undertones there. Some pretty adult themes wer hinted at in The Incredibles.  

But for the people commenting on how many Ant-themed films Pixar has made, it's only A Bug's Life
    . Antz and Ant Bully were not Pixar movies. 

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Media_Master

Animated bug movies aren't too bad, Bug's Life was good, but live-action is where I want Marvel characters to be at!

XION66578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By XION66578

I still can't believe marvel did this.

grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By grimm

Obviously it's gonna be an animated kid comedy!!!! There is absolutely no way it will keep the same direction. If they do make it then it will probably be him getting shrunk and then having to find his way back home...which is the plot line of EVERY PIXAR MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!

The Messanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The Messanger
    @Mars_19 said:
    " I hate disney, they're a disease that's slowly killing marvel and they need to be removed like a tumor. thank god for dc. "

@Mars_19: Dude it's not Disney's fault it's Marvels for selling out to Disney..
    The Messanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The Messanger
    @AngelFrost said:
    "Mehhh, I hope it's not a CGI Movie I want to see a live action Ant Man!!   ¬_¬ "

@AngelFrost: Same Here.
    Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MoonKnightFan123
    @Mars_19 said:
    "  I hate disney, they're a disease that's slowly killing marvel and they need to be removed like a tumor. thank god for dc. "
    a sad event. fucking companies raping stuff. like Fox did to Deadpool and Dragon Ball, and stuff...
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Stormultt
    @MoonKnightFan123 said:
    " @Mars_19 said:
    "  I hate disney, they're a disease that's slowly killing marvel and they need to be removed like a tumor. thank god for dc. "
    a sad event. fucking companies raping stuff. like Fox did to Deadpool and Dragon Ball, and stuff... "

u two get some common sense...
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#70  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I was hoping Hank and Janet would be more liek their Ultimate versions 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By joshmightbe

i could see pixar doing a power pack movie
    deadkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deadkid

well i would like to see this movie.i ve seen other  pixar movies .except  wall e and up,but  it would be cool .

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By the Vica
    @bigmoneyb said:
    " we care because there more  deserving   comic book characters that deserve  movies beside lame ant man dumass "
    If you're going to insult me, spell 'dumbass' properly, or else you just end up looking like one yourself.

Anyway, I really don't get that statement, and people say it a lot. If Marvel or some director wants to make an Ant-man movie, they'll make an Ant-man movie. If it turns out they can't do it for whatever reason, they don't move on and pick a different character to make a movie about, they give up. 

Let's say the Ant-man project was ditched entirely. Would this Edgar Wright guy or Pixar suddenly decide to go for a different character? No. 

It doesn't matter whether you personally prefer other characters to Ant-man, the point is, people want to make a movie for him. Whether a character 'deserves' a movie really doesn't come into it. 

And in my opinion, the characters that need movies the most are the ones in need of a little popularity boost. A little hype. Therefore, in my opinion, Ant-man is most definitely deserving of a movie.
    the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By the Vica
    @grimm said:
    " Obviously it's gonna be an animated kid comedy!!!! There is absolutely no way it will keep the same direction. If they do make it then it will probably be him getting shrunk and then having to find his way back home...which is the plot line of EVERY PIXAR MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!!!!! "
    O__O 

I don't think there's even one Pixar movie with that plotline... 

Learn the difference between Disney and Pixar, people.
    daredevil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By daredevil2

i hate disney they make everything kid friendly an they have luckily not got dc yet 
    daredevil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By daredevil2

i hate disney they make everything kid friendly lucikly we wont see any batman toy story cross overs soon

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#77  Edited By xerox_kitty

I think I'm on the fence on this one as well.  I mean, Pixar do make great films... but I would love to see what Edgar Wright could make of it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#78  Edited By joshmightbe
    @daredevil2:
    they do own miramax and alot of those movies are far from kid freindly
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Stormultt
    @daredevil2 said:
    "i hate disney they make everything kid friendly an they have luckily not got dc yet  "
    why dont you take the stick out and go actually read the full stories on the event before saying a bunch of retarded mess.
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Nyogtha

Pixar never mad a bad kids movie. They have never made a movie geared twords anyone but kids, sure older people have liked it. But really, tell me how enthusiastic you would be seeing a Pixar movie about Ant Man with the same type of script and look as Finding Nemo. I for one wouldn't be into it. They are working on a live action movie about the 1906 San Fran earthquake but nothing they have done has gone above PG.

kickassrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By kickassrox

OH CRAP!!!! what if disney tries to distribute their little disney mags through marvel? that would be my worst nightmare come true!!!

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82  Edited By Phorqe

At first I thought it was a really dumb idea. But Pixar is actually perfect for Ant-Man.
    I've never really like Ant-Man because... well, he's lame. I think Pixar is creative enough to make it work- a live action Ant-Man would be a monstrosity: Like Honey I Shrunk the Kids meets Tights.   Animation adds so many more comedic and imaginative options.

I wonder who the villain will be.

kickassrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By kickassrox

If any of you think that Disney buying out marvel is a good thing, just imagine this, in big letters, on the cover of a Spider-man comic: SPIDER-MAN / ZACK EFRON CROSSOVER that will DEFINITLY  ruin the thought to most people thought that Disney buying out marvel is a good thing , and if it doesn't , and your a comic book fan, then you have some serious problems.....

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Aronmorales

Hmm, I dunno, would it tie into the Avengers?

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#85  Edited By Green ankh

this could be AWSOME. 
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I'd like to see an Ant-Man movie, but if it's not tied to The Avengers, what's the point? Now that we have an idea that The Avengers movie seems to be taking an Ultimate Avengers angle, without Hank, Jan or Scott, I can live with or without an Ant-Man movie. A Pixar take would be cool. But didn't Disney already do that and call it Honey I Shrunk The Kids? (Marvel Adventures Super-Heroes did a couple of stories that make Hank Pym seem kinda cool; not the paranoid, schizophrenic wife-beater we all know...)

kalel60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By kalel60

i think they could do a good job. there's really no reason to hate disney that's just dumb.....look at the INCREDIBLES that was pretty good and entertaining....... their not in bussiness to lose money!!!  they would get people with experience with the comics to do this.... marvel been rewriting itself anyway if you read comics for a long time you would know....and i mean for at least 20 years not just a couple....i've been into comics since the 60's...the only thing this would do is to make disney want to do better,not worse....  and give the fans the entertainment that they want.
    Avatar image for jamiemadrox_is_twiztid
    JamieMadrox-Is-TwiZtiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to honestly admit, as a man, when I read Marvel was bought out by Disney, I cried, a single solitary tear for a fallen friend, this to me is very much like World Wrestling Entertainment bought out  World Championship Wrestling and Extreme Championship Wrestling, proclaiming that everything would be business as usual until Vince and the WWE killed WCW with their "Invasion" angle, then after that Rehashed ECW only to make into their image, What I'm getting at here is my friends, WCW and Marvel have a lot in common, they were beloved and had a huge following, only to be taken over, and their fans lied to, I don't trust Disney, and to quote Insane Clown Posse "F*CK MICKEY MOUSE!"
    Dash`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Dash`

things could change for Disney/Pixar and who ever else is part of the Disney family tree, as they never had a plethora of loveable charachters from people's childhoods and teenage years and all they way up into adult life like the charachters found in the Marvel Universe. I mean seriously, everyone read a marvel comic at some stage of their life or watched a tv show or something. As if the geeks at Pixar would want to pass up an opporunity on doing a Marvel hero! Ant-Man is just one possibility. I personally really like Pixar films, they're awesome movie makers and I would like to see them make a Pet Avengers movie or an Inhumans movie but gear it towards the more Lee/Kirby era of Inhumans and not the current violent War of Kings style Inhumans, which are also good. 
     Yeah, I think Pixar would do really well if they use Marvel charachters but really evoke that Lee/Kirby era in their movie. It's a lot more friendly but still fantastic and really out there.

bmumble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By bmumble

I loved the Incredibles, but Ant-man is a completely different kind of superhero movie in my mind... I wouldn't mind an animated feature really, because I still see Ant-man as a bit campy really... but i do hope it's not a Pixar effort... love Pixar, but totally agree that this isn't their kind of movie....

Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they make a separate animated adventure, from the mainstream Marvel Universe, separate from the theatrical movie series, then this could be so awesome. If done with photorealistic CGI or in a unique artistic influence, as with The Incredibles, it would be an awesome and notable move for Marvel/Disney. I say go for it.

Byth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Byth

NO!!! Just make a movie like Iron Man! Pixar mean CGI and a CGI movie will destroy the Iron Man-Incredible Hulk connectivity. Just leave Ant-Man alone.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @JamieMadrox-Is-TwiZtiD said:
    " I have to honestly admit, as a man, when I read Marvel was bought out by Disney, I cried, a single solitary tear for a fallen friend, this to me is very much like World Wrestling Entertainment bought out  World Championship Wrestling and Extreme Championship Wrestling, proclaiming that everything would be business as usual until Vince and the WWE killed WCW with their "Invasion" angle, then after that Rehashed ECW only to make into their image, What I'm getting at here is my friends, WCW and Marvel have a lot in common, they were beloved and had a huge following, only to be taken over, and their fans lied to, I don't trust Disney, and to quote Insane Clown Posse "F*CK MICKEY MOUSE!" "

Just so you know, they never said it will be business as usual. Vince openly admitted at that time that he was king of wrestling and admitted that WCW and ECW were done with. And I'm with you, I wish Vince kept WCW and ECW alive only for us to have an alternative (he would be making money off other people's work). But he wouldn't be able to live with himself if the other shows were doing better than his company. So he terminated them. But he never said he bought WCW and ECW and that they will function as they already were.  

So that isn't like in this case where everyone is dogging on Disney as if they see a Disney takeover already. I think everyone who's complaining either wants to complain for the sake of crying or they just don't see what this deal is. 

This is a BUSINESS deal, not a creative deal. Disney assured everyone from the start that they will let Marvel be Marvel. It's exactly like when they bought Pixar. Pixar is working on their own projects, Disney is just funding them and making money off them. They haven't touched anyhing Pixar related since they bought that company, so why should we be so afraid about Disney buying Marvel. They know they have a winning formula over at Marvel, all Disney wants to do is make money off of it. Disney says they're respecting all the deals Marvel has already done and won't interfere with those. Does that look like a company who wants to take over? 

Anyways, I just read on the net that John Lasseter (from Disney) just said that Pixar is not involved with the Ant-Man movie. It's just a rumor and nothing else. So, just like I said in the first page of this thread, it is a rumor that stems from the Disney/Marvel deal. Don't believe everything you read (especially if it's not from Marvel and Disney people). I don't know why people are so gullible.
    grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By grimreaper1980

that''l be cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.