Follow

Eric O'Grady

Character » Eric O'Grady appears in 329 issues.

After stealing prototype Ant-Man armor from SHIELD, Eric O'Grady became the Irredeemable Ant-Man; the world's most unlikable superhero. He spend time as a member of the Initiative, The Thunderbolts, and the Secret Avengers before he was killed. He was reborn as an evil synthetic version of himself and went freelance with Taskmaster.

An Ant-Man Movie Made By...Pixar?

• 94 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Back in the beginning of July, Edgar Wright mentioned he still wants to get the Ant-Man movie made.  He is currently working on the Scott Pilgrim movie.  Apparently last week Entertainment Weekly reported that since Disney has bought Marvel, Pixar is interested in making an Ant-Man movie.  Let's pause and think about that for a moment...

Okay, ready?  What do you think about the potential of this happening?  Would this be a good thing or a bad thing?  Ant-Man has been talked about for so long.  Because he's not an upper tier character, he's always going to be placed on the back burner.  If Pixar really does want to make this movie, would it change the direction that Edgar Wright had planned?  He had mentioned that his intentions were to make this an action movie with bits of comedy mixed in.  If Pixar ends up making it, would they use his script and ideas or come up with their own?  Would it be changed to be a more family friendly movie?  Would Pixar even want to do this?

As mentioned by Rich Johnston, Pixar is known for making their own products.  It's never been their goal to take someone else's property to make a movie.  I just don't see this being the same movie if it was a CG-made movie.  Has Pixar decided to change their philosophy?  Will they decide to make a movie that isn't mainly geared towards kids?  While I'd love to see an Ant-Man movie made, I really can't say if this would be the way I'd want to see it.  I would be curious to see what Pixar could do with Ant-Man but I have to admit part of me would be a little scared.  This is basically one of the fears that a lot of people had after it was announced that Disney bought Marvel.  We do want to see the characters we enjoy made into movies.  We just don't want them all turned into kiddie versions all the time.

Since I am completely on the fence over this, what are your thoughts?  Pixar did a great job with The Incredibles.  Would a Pixar-made Ant-Man movie be just as cool?  Would you rather have a CG-made Ant-Man movie made sooner or wait for the live-action version (that might not ever get made)?  If Pixar did make this, I'm pretty sure we can rule out Eric O'Grady being under the ant-helmet.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

I thought the plan was to have the Ant-man movie fit in with the other Avenger movies? 

If Pixar makes the movie then we would most likely lose the connection to the other Avengers 

But I can see Pixar making a really good Ant-man movie minus the spousal abuse

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

The bad thing is that 'plan' can now change.  I've heard some analysts suggest that the Thor movie won't get made since it's too expensive.  I would think that Disney or whoever is in charge of the Marvel movies will try to stick with the plan but things do change.  Ant-Man was never firmly set up to be in the Avengers movie.  From what I heard, it was mainly Cap and Thor along with Iron Man and possibly Hulk that would be in it (as well as Black Widow).  A Pixar Ant-Man could just be in a separate movie-universe.  I just don't really know if I'm for or against it.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I think this would be good.
    ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwh

I would agree that Ant Man by Pixar would be a great movie that couldn't really tie into some metaverse where shitty plots like the Hulks exist on the same planet. I suppose they could want to do it just to give realistic CGI a try. Pixar's expressed interest in doing a live action film anyhow.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5  Edited By jakob187
    @G-Man: I doubt they'll can Thor that quickly after all the hype and news around it.  My problem with that flick is that Kenneth Branaugh would be directing, and while he's done some great Shakespearean stuff...he was also in the Will Smith movie version of Wild Wild West.  =  /  Nonetheless, I have no clue what analysts are saying about that. 

As far as Ant-Man goes, I think it would be interesting to see how Pixar handles it, as they are some serious moviemakers.  However, I just don't think it would be as cool as something Edgar Wright could make.  Even then, Edgar Wright directing it is...well...I like his movies, but I don't think he needs to be given a Marvel property to direct.  Then again, I can't really think of anyone else who could direct it.  So...
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

I just don't want this to turn into Ant Bully (which I haven't seen yet).

No Caption Provided
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I'm sure thats not what it will be like. I think Pixar showed the reverance to super heroes with Incredibles.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jefprice

They won't can Thor when they already are in pre production and have a mostly full cast.

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ryanwh
    @G-Man said:
    " I just don't want this to turn into Ant Bully (which I haven't seen yet).

No Caption Provided
    "
    Well they didn't make that game. 
    And I'm wondering what serious somber tone Ant Man is known for, really, that the Pixar guys couldn't key into.
    mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mv

could work
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
    hasnt Pixar already done a few movies about Ants and Bugs already ( A Bug's Life, Antz, Ant Bully )... I hope Ant Man doesnt fall into that Cheesy style of Animation... lol
    EternalBiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By EternalBiker

I dont mind the imputs from othier film companies but they should stick to what marvel tell's them to do an stay true to the there stories of those charactors !  
    Disney needs to pull there head's out of there butts
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stormultt

sum of u need to calm down, ur stupidity is annoying seriously, anyways dont think it will happen if ant-man is tied in with the avengers movies but if not pixar would do a extroadinary job on the film
    Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Slinger

If Ant-Man ends up anything like The Incredibles it will suck out loud, in my opinion. 

Which Ant-Man would they want to use anyway? I imagine Hank Pym would be the most interesting character, but too dark for Pixar; Scott Lang could be okay I guess, but he was always pretty dependent on other heroes, I don't see him carrying a solo film; Eric O'Grady on the other hand may be the only Ant-Man I would give Pixar a fair chance with, he was enough of a goofball that it just might work.

Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

poor Ant Man...

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Adam Michaels

Well, Entertainment Weekly reports this. No one with any official status has mentioned it so I'll take this rumor with a grain of salt. I think now that Disney has purchased Marvel, we're going to hear anything and everything that could involve both companies.  

I feel like we'll hear about a Disney Ultimate Alliance video game coming out soon. 

From what both Disney and Marvel said: Disney will not enter into Marvel's world and take over. This isn't about Disney controling everything. They said they will allow Marvel to function as they did before. Only now, Disney makes $$$ out of it.  

I personally don't believe any of this. Doesn't mean it's not true, but I just believe that this is  an unsupported rumor that are born as a result of this Disney/Marvel deal.  

You'd think J. Jonah Jameson himself is running Entertainment Weekly,

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the Vica

That would be freakin awesome. 

Love Pixar. I have  never been disappointed by any of their movies. I avoided the most recent ones at first cause I'm not a kid anymore. But once I gave them a chance, I was amazed and hugely entertained. I grew up watching Pixar, but as a kid, you don't realize just how good the movies are. 

Besides, it's not like Ant-man has any fans to be disappointed if they DO screw up the movie. 

If Pixar did make the movie, I would have as much faith in them as I do in Jon Favreu with Iron Man.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

movie has been on the drawing board as long as Magneto, so im not a taker on the "it will".

has potential. vague characters usually do well in movies rather than rehashes and sequels, or trying
    to live up to something (Blade for instance). this would have alot of leeway and likely make for a good
    translation.

ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By ninjadude853

well pixar has never made a bad movie, so this could be good

of course, i don't give a crap about ant man

then again, my little brother might

Mars_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mars_19

I hate disney, they're a disease that's slowly killing marvel and they need to be removed like a tumor. thank god for dc.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Slinger
    @Mars_19 said:
    "  I hate disney, they're a disease that's slowly killing marvel and they need to be removed like a tumor. thank god for dc. "
    They're slowly killing Marvel? They've owned the company for how many days now? What changes have they made to Marvel's business practices so far? Either they're killing Marvel very fast, or it's too soon to tell, or they're not doing anything at all.
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tyler Starke

oh cool......... yet another cgi ant movie I I can't wait...., I'm guessing the ant's will be the main characters and all we will see is Hank Pym's legs or something.

bigmoneyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bigmoneyb

ANT MAN IS LAME PERIOD HE DOESNT DESERVE A MOVIE DAMN LOL

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crazed_h3ro

Damn when things change everything changes huh... i relly hope the thor movie comes out or i'll die of shame.....pixar damn you >=(

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Would be a shame to see Wright's version of "Ant-Man" shelved, but they could do worse than Pixar to pick it up. 

Oh, and you haters need to take a deep breath and relax before you pass-out and fall onto something sharp. Wait...Nevermind, keep doing what you're doing...

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the Vica

Oh shut up you damned pessimists, find something else to complain about. 

Anyone who is criticizing Pixar, you clearly haven't watched any of their movies, so I'll forgive your ignorance.

Anyone who is criticizing Ant-man and saying he doesn't deserve a movie... Why do you care? If you don't give a crap about the character, don't watch the movie. Why should it bother you if they're making a movie based on him? Besides, I wouldn't say Iron Man was all that popular before his movie. I'm sure a movie would help Ant-man's popularity. 

Also... He doesn't deserve a movie? What does that even mean?

It's just a rumour anyway.
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @the Vica said:
    "

Anyone who is criticizing Pixar, you clearly haven't watched any of their movies, so I'll forgive your ignorance.

Anyone who is criticizing Ant-man and saying he doesn't deserve a movie... Why do you care? If you don't give a crap about the character, don't watch the movie. Why should it bother you if they're making a movie based on him? Besides, I wouldn't say Iron Man was all that popular before his movie. I'm sure a movie would help Ant-man's popularity. 

Also... He doesn't deserve a movie? What does that even mean?It's just a rumour anyway. "
    YEAH!!! Hehheh...
    Jump_Start89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jump_Start89
    @danhimself said:
    "I thought the plan was to have the Ant-man movie fit in with the other Avenger movies?  If Pixar makes the movie then we would most likely lose the connection to the other Avengers  But I can see Pixar making a really good Ant-man movie minus the spousal abuse "
    Same, i thought they were gunna tie Ant-man in with the Avengers film, I also think they could make a good film but it might end up as a kids film and i don't really think that will work. 
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crazed_h3ro

I agree, but just don't want to see the thor or ant-man movie turn into crap like some marvel movies...spiderman 3,nike fury agent of shield,the first hulk movie...i can go on

E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

Hank Pym beat his wife, has an inferiority complex, and can't make up his mind on anything, including his costumes, and if he loves his wife or not. Yeah, this has Pixar written  all over it.

SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By SuperXAsh

I dunno... wouldn't mind them HELPING with the effects, they've shown they can do tiny, but I'd rather this stay in the Marvel Studios camp, and have the potential to be in the "metaverse" they are creating.
    Avatar image for kneel_before_doom
    kneel before doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@E.I.S.A.M. said:
    " Hank Pym beat his wife, has an inferiority complex, and can't make up his mind on anything, including his costumes, and if he loves his wife or not. Yeah, this has Pixar written  all over it. "
    This was back when he was ant-man, his wife just been murdered, Janet is his crime fighting partner, I doubt they will be married in the film
    Avatar image for greenlantern_2418_1
    greenlantern_2418.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pixar? oh dear god no. the whole point of the antman movie was due to the fact he was a founding avenger in several incarnations. firstly as giant man. the whole point of making the ant man movie is because all the founding characters must have a film that introduces them so that they are known about when the team film comes out. the best answer to why is pixar doing the antman movie is the fact that disney has brought marvel  
    i know its unacceptable
    Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By Bergquist

coming to dvd or the movie thats the Q&A
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By MysterioMaximus

I’ve always liked Antman. I think he’s a lot of fun and sadly underrated, but I’ve never felt he had much chance of success on the screen outside of a borderline comedic satire of the whole thing. I think less superhero shtick and more “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” adventure. He’s too obscure, mildly silly, and not even especially popular with comic readers. Disney/Pixar would pretty much be its only chance of hitting the mainstream or topping the box office, but I’d really rather Disney be entirely hands off altogether. I’m not convinced Antman can ever be pulled off on the screen. Some characters just aren’t meant to be adapted to film.    

thanosgauntlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thanosgauntlet

even though its still rumoured and is early days to tell i reckon the best idea would be to have disney stay out of an ant-man movie IF it was an eric o grady movie who in my opinion is the best and most dimensional ant-man, hes a modern day representation of a marvel chracter who has so much depth to him not just in costume but as a person himself,  
    though if it was a scott lang movie it could be done well by disney as they can usualy get morbidness right and hes perfect for the feel good effect that disney would create and they could capture his routes to crime and fatherhood which i beleive disney pixar included could make a decent take on (even though i gave up on pixar when dreamworks and pixar were recycling the same old ideas and the gimmick became stale) but overall a scott lang disney would be decent 
    hank pym movie would be tricky even by both acounts, his personality aint that warming and you try to sympathise with him but overall he isnt going to win people over in one movie, dont get me wrong i like the hank pym character but in my opinion he was better as yellowjacket as a hero and im not talking about his wife beating stage, and to be fair kurt busieks take on yj in avengers forever was very entertaining though i doubt they would make a yellowjacket film! 
    overall grady for a non disney film would be the best! 
    lang for a pixar 
    and pym, stick him in avengers movie then if he gets a good reception give him a prequel
    Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think Ant-Man is the only one they could pull this off with. 

Mars_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mars_19
    @Slinger: 
    already I've have seen those gay promos with mickey dressed as spider-man or goofy as thor (that's whatever), now they're talking about taking creative control over the ant man movie (with pixar anyway) does that screw over edgar wright? as g-man notedd, there's a rumor floating around about scrapping the thor movie. I can only imagine it's a matter of time that I'm going to find some jonas brothers ads in my weekly comic books. if that doesn't bother you, that's cool dude, whatever floats your boat.
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Stormultt
    @Mars_19 said:
    " I hate disney, they're a disease that's slowly killing marvel and they need to be removed like a tumor. thank god for dc. "

oh shutup
    bigmoneyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bigmoneyb
    @the Vica said:
    "

Also... He doesn't deserve a movie? What does that even mean?It's just a rumour anyway. "
    we care because there more  deserving   comic book characters that deserve  movies beside lame ant man dumass
    whirlwind6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By whirlwind6

MY WORST NIGHTMARE HAS COME TRUE!!!  HANK PYM IS POSSIBLY MY FAVORITE HERO AND DISNEY IS GOING TO MUCK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HE'S A FOUNDING AVENGER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, HE HAS TO BE IN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Where's that gun I bought after Disney took over?  That mouse is going down....
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AngelFrost

Mehhh, I hope it's not a CGI Movie
    I want to see a live action Ant Man!!

¬_¬

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By darth_brendroid

This could be interesting... depends on if Pixar itself does it or rather is in a co-producery role, supplying their know-how and stuff. We could get something like Beowulf done - the actors do the movements, then the CG goes on top and we get a nice movie that way.
    Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44  Edited By Dark Cell

No, lets keep to live action films people
    Mars_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mars_19
    @Stormultt: hey I didn't mean to hit a sore spot with anybody, I just read this and jumped the gun a little. we're all on the same team here. yes pixar makes good movies, I just would rather see a live action film done by edgar wright.
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DH69

oh god no. THIS IS ALL CAUSE I LISTENED TO A JONAS BROTHERS SONG AND ACTUALLY LIKED IT!!! WHY GOD!

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By box turtle

I want Ant-Man live action, but animated will be ok.  Still, it won't be the dark story in the comics with a genocidal cyborg, a hero who hides in lady's braas, and another hero who beats his wife.   
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By Decept-O

I think Entertainment Weekly need to be certain they are telling the truth.  I think this is just something they made up because of the bug related animated movies tied in with DreamWorks and Disney and the like, such as Antz  and A Bug's Life. 

Entertainment Weekly needs to open a bag of STFU. 
    ENGLENTINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1004

#49  Edited By ENGLENTINE

If I were Disney, I would try to get Marvel and Pixar together as much as possible.
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Stormultt
    @Mars_19 said:
    " @Stormultt: hey I didn't mean to hit a sore spot with anybody, I just read this and jumped the gun a little. we're all on the same team here. yes pixar makes good movies, I just would rather see a live action film done by edgar wright. "

frankly live action is overrated, id like to see a 2-D movie or series done, but i see what your saying

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.