Enchantress or Freya?

#1 Posted by Inverno (13217 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Amora the Enchantress a stand-in for Freya, the Norse goddess of love, beauty, sex and war? Because I noticed some similarities between the character and the myth and drew my conclusion during Thor Reign of Blood when they desired a necklace from some dwarves and had to do some... unpleasant things to acquire them.

I'd like to know if Amora and Freya are the same person in the Thor comics?

#2 Posted by SC (13093 posts) - - Show Bio

Different characters, but I don't doubt that Enchantress is inspired heavily by Freya. Oh and inspired by her traditional stories. Freya appears very little, which is sad since she is one of my fav Norse characters. 

#3 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

Like what SC said but she's a mixture of other goddesses as well.

But in Thor Reign of Blood, it was her past life during that time since they have a cycle.

#4 Edited by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive often wondered this myself. What I discovered is that Idunn's aliases are Freya and Freia. Idunn is the lady that collects the apples. It seems that on CV they make them the same person while in the Marvel Handbook they are separate.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.