Can Enchantress actually fight?

#1 Posted by moviegeek17 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone ever seen her actually fight? I'm just curious cause all i've ever seen her do is seduce people but i'm just curious if she ever has. And if she did is she any good at it? cause i just dont see her as much of a fighter. lol

#2 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

She has never actually fought  
Or atleast I haven't seen her do it  
She is always concerned about her looks
#3 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would she need to? She's a sorceress; she doesn't need to resort to the physical. She's above that.    

#4 Posted by moviegeek17 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus:  I was just wondering, i knew she was a skilled sorceress but i never knew if she ever had to resort to getting involved in a fist fight..
#5 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@moviegeek17: She could always get groped or harassed by stronger foes
#6 Posted by moviegeek17 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx: 
true lol. probably comes with the trade of seducing people
#7 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@moviegeek17: The bad side of pheromone powers is obviously being raped or molested, stronger people would physically overpower her for fun.
#8 Posted by moviegeek17 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx: 
i guess, but doesnt one of her kisses turn that person into her slave? so if thats the case then it really couldnt work
#9 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@moviegeek17: that is not too bad now , is it
#10 Posted by moviegeek17 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx: 
 i guess. if you like being a slave then i guess nothing is wrong lol
#11 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@moviegeek17: being her slave is not that bad IMO
#12 Posted by dreamsmith (132 posts) - - Show Bio

No, she is in no way, shape or form any kind of physical fighter.  Dazzler (!) managed to deck her with a punch (well, sort of), and the only reason it didn't KO Enchantress is that she's an Asgardian, and could therefore shrug off being hit in the face with a sledgehammer.  
During Secret Wars, She-Hulk puts her into a coma with one solid punch--which any decent fighter would have seen coming a mile away.
During the Surterwar thing, where everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) was fighting demons in the streets of New York, she was assigned messenger duty--via teleportation--and mystical backup for the combatants, but no one asked or expected her to go hand to hand. 
In the Thor miniseries which shows everyone as youngsters just coming into their powers and skills, Sif effortlessly manhandles Amora whenever she gets within arm's reach. 
(Of course Amora effortlessly petrifies Sif when given the chance to get a spell off from a decent distance, so there you go) 

Physical combat is what her Thralls are for, obviously--what's the point of being the Enchantress if you can't get huge, muclebound oafs to do your fighting for you?  Besides, as someone else said, getting hit in the face over and over again is NOT something the most beautiful woman in the multiverse is going to risk, at least not when given a choice.
#13 Posted by Colt Python XVII (127 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is no.Thor is supposed to be one of Asgard's most skilled warriors and he's not very good so Amora must be an awful fighter.

#14 Posted by dreamsmith (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Colt Python XVII:
Oh, look: Forum Troll is Trollish. 

#15 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:
" @moviegeek17: The bad side of pheromone powers is obviously being raped or molested, stronger people would physically overpower her for fun. "
She's an Asgardian,she's ubber strong, i think the average Asgardian  can lift 60 tons. 
She's not a trained fighter but if she really wanted to walk up to someone and pop their heads off she could . =) 
#16 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

I would die happy, if i could at least see her punch one person in the face lol

#17 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:
" @Nerx said:
" @moviegeek17: The bad side of pheromone powers is obviously being raped or molested, stronger people would physically overpower her for fun. "
She's an Asgardian,she's ubber strong, i think the average Asgardian  can lift 60 tons. She's not a trained fighter but if she really wanted to walk up to someone and pop their heads off she could . =)  "
Then again someone with the strength level of thor or herc could have their way with her
#18 Posted by dreamsmith (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500:  The average Male, Asgardian WARRIOR can lift something like 50 tons. 
Amora is as close to a helpless, ultrafeminine girly-girl as an Asgardian can manage to be, so I believe she's listed as "only" being able to press 20 or 25 tons. 
:-P 
Still plenty strong enough to deal with any single mortal would-be rapist, AND his ten friends, were they inclined to try something. 
Insofar as someone like Thor or Herc raping her; sure, they could if they wanted. 
Just consider that they would be giving one of the most powerful magic users in the marvel universe (and one who is VERY much into revenge, even for insignificant things, much less rape) a very, very effective 'link sample' of the, um... biological sort.   
Can you even imagine what kind of gods-awful curse(s) would come raining down on whoever was stupid enough to violate her like that? 
Not to mention the fact that, unless it WAS Thor, this person would have committed a grievous offense against a very well-known Asgardian, with lots and lots of friends and allies who would seek to avenge her (not least of all Thor himself, unless, like I said, it WAS Thor). 
And consider the scores, or hundreds of randy young Asgardian warrior bucks who would love nothing more than a chance to impress the most beautiful and seductive woman in their society (and, arguably, the Marvel Universe)? 
Dude, there would be a freaking stapede of sword-waving prettyboys heading off to find this person. 

And finally, if it WAS Thor? 
Well, what do you think she's been trying to accomplish for all these millenia? 
If he were to break down (again) and have teh sex with her, then it would be debatable as to who was taking advantage of who. 

Of course, I'm a long time Thor/Amora shipper, so I'd love nothing more than for that relationship to take off (again). 
#19 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

" I would die happy, if i could at least see her punch one person in the face lol "

:)

powerless Enchantress
 http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5363/ench9.png
 http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9268/ench10.png
#20 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus:
So is galactus but he engaged sphinx and the inbtweener H2H.
#21 Posted by Mainline (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

In Earth's Mightiest Heroes she held her own... until she didn't.

#22 Posted by PowerHerc (85105 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so.  It's okay with me that she can't, too.  Lately, so many characters get upgrades that they don't need of don't make sense. 
#23 Posted by Bopper Girl (189 posts) - - Show Bio

So she can but seldom does.

#24 Posted by Arcane (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Very Rarly does she fight she uses magic or minoions to fight but she does have some skill of fighting
#25 Posted by PowerHerc (85105 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, not as far as I know.
#26 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@moviegeek17
As an Asgardian I would assume she has at least a cursory knowledge of armed and unarmed combat. 
#27 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

For all i know, Enchantress has probably taken combat training since she was a kid and then decided to ditch the lessons since they were boring for magic  training. I mean I love the Enchantress, even though she has done a couple things that seem pretty slutty, I would take magic training over combat training anyday and wouldn't mind bieng tutored by her!
#28 Posted by warlord1234 (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

She still dangerous. She has powerful magics at her disposal and she is higly intelligent.
#29 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what Skurge was for, although I don't believe she has gotten a replacement since his death.

#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13427 posts) - - Show Bio

she f*&^%( up She-Hulk during Secret Wars i belive
#31 Posted by Bopper Girl (189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: Until She got socked back.
#33 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember a time that the Scarlet Witch went up against the Enchantress and chased her trying to punch her!  Amora showed how strong she was by crumbling rocks and Wanda backed off, although still tried to hex her! 

Then there was the time that Valkyrie finally regained her true body.  Val (Brunhilde) went after Amora in an enclosed area and how Amora scrambled!  Val didn't get to land any blows, she was so angry, but she tried.  Amora was frantic.  She didn't even try to go up against Val hand-to-hand.
#34 Posted by tbone1225 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

If Professor Charles Xavier had been her mentor then she would have learned the value of physical training because of its value in the event that your powers are disabled in any way.

#35 Posted by Bopper Girl (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@QuasarPrime: Any proof?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.