Follow

Emotional Spectrum

Concept » Emotional Spectrum appears in 325 issues.

The energies created by the emotions of sentient life, visible as different wavelengths of light. This concept appears only in the DC universe.

The Color Pink

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VampireSelektor

Where do superheroes go when they die? Does "comic nirvana" exist? OK, I had this idea about a Corps between Violet (love) and Red (anger). The Pink Corps are the exalted heroes of the DCU.

Before we go further, here are some pink facts tastefully ripped from Wikipedia:

• Pink is associated with dawn, love, calm, health, spring, Easter, beauty, glamour, and fairies
    • Cherry blossoms only have a pink color when they bloom in the springtime
    • The hue "Schauss pink" was invented to calm prisoners in 1979, albeit to mixed results
    • Pink is associated with Anahata, the heart chakra. Anahata is related to the thymus, located in the chest. The thymus is responsible for maturing T-cells that fend off disease; these T-cells dwindle in times of stress. Anahata covers complex emotions, compassion, tenderness, unconditional love for self and others, equilibrium, rejection and well-being.

The Pink Corps would consist of heroes who died heroically without regrets. When such a hero would die, a pink glow envelops their sight. The glow burns brighter and warmer until the deceased lands on a grassy field. Shimmering pink marvels would drape the hero in pink costume.

The idea grew on me when I realized that there are no saints in the DCnU. Kingdom Come and Final Crisis were works that mythologized superheroes into deities, for better or worse. The Emotional Spectrum at least recognizes people for their auras (e.g. willful, aggressive, greedy). Black ties with death. What if there was a color that attracted the spiritually-rich?

Pink Corpsmen are enlightened supers who encourage heroism invisibly. Heroes close to losing their will or morals are washed in the glow of a Corpsman boosting their spirit. Afterwards, the heroes forget the encounter entirely. Pink Corpsmen would also steer future heroes on the right path, albeit imperceptibly.

The criteria of a Corpsman is someone who gave their life in the service of humans without question.

"Who qualifies?"

Well, there are plenty of heroes alive who fit the bill. Dick Grayson and Barry Allen are two examples.

Here's where things get interesting. It had occurred to me that many of our beloved heroes are missing in the DCnU. Wally West. Donna Troy. Eel O'Brien. Stephanie Brown. They're all gone, lost in the ether. What if these heroes lost to Flashpoint were drafted into the Pink? It's an idea.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Is there another thread with a pink fetish? Is the idea redundant?

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VampireSelektor

Bored BUMP

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SoA

wouldn't white fit the bill? it represented life and was responsible for the resurrection of both heroes and villains. and led boston brand (deadman) to die after completing unfinished business on earth.as for dying without regrets , i believe its why the original dove was not resurrected during blackest night (he was happy in the afterlife)also it was a strong emotional tether that had the black rings to cause the dead to rise in the first place. the emotional spectrum follows the color spectrum roygbiv and pink has been used for the star sapphires even though they are supposed to be violet it can get confusing (how can you make them pinker?)

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VampireSelektor

@SoA: The Star Sapphires look more purplish than pink. One could make them pinker.

Doves are immune to the powers of the Black (ex. Don Hall and Dawn Granger). Their immunity hasn't been linked to the White; the Lords of Order might play a factor here.

The Entity's mission was in response to Blackest Night. Nekron's essence was contaminating Earth. The Entity manipulated Deadman and the others purge his influence.

The Pink Corps. are more seasonal and gentler. Again,

Pink Corpsmen are enlightened supers who encourage heroism invisibly. Heroes close to losing their will or morals are washed in the glow of a Corpsman boosting their spirit. Afterwards, the heroes forget the encounter entirely. Pink Corpsmen would also steer future heroes on the right path, albeit imperceptibly

People falter for a myriad of reasons all the time. Pink angelic-types whispering in their ear for a confidence boost sounds reasonable (for comics).

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By arnoldoaad

Pink is not part of the color spectrum, is just a tone of red

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VampireSelektor

@arnoldoaad: Indigo is just a tone of blue and violet. Aren't there scientists who don't even recognize indigo as its own wavelength? If indigo is included, why not pink?

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By arnoldoaad

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad: Indigo is just a tone of blue and violet. Aren't there scientists who don't even recognize indigo as its own wavelength? If indigo is included, why not pink?

because science!

no pink!

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VampireSelektor

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

because science!

no pink!

But indigo's place in the spectrum in under contention, is it not? A shade between violet and blue? Pink is shade between violet (white, really) and red.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By arnoldoaad

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

because science!

no pink!

But indigo's place in the spectrum in under contention, is it not? A shade between violet and blue? Pink is shade between violet (white, really) and red.

But white is not a color

is the combination of all colors while black is the absence of color

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VampireSelektor

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

because science!

no pink!

But white is not a color

is the combination of all colors while black is the absence of color

That's true, but most shades of pink are between violet and red, no? Magenta, for example.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By arnoldoaad

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad said:

That's true, but most shades of pink are between violet and red, no? Magenta, for example.

that would be completely different

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VampireSelektor

@arnoldoaad: How?

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By arnoldoaad

@VampireSelektor said:

is way outside the cromatic circle

No Caption Provided

or something like that

XD

I dont know, the point is Pink is not part of the rainbow so it doesnt count

Indigo is at least a combination of colors, pink is juts a tone of red

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VampireSelektor

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

No Caption Provided

or something like that

XD

:) But scientists don't agree upon indigo's place in the rainbow. If indigo gets an emotion and Corp, why not pink?

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By arnoldoaad

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

No Caption Provided

or something like that

XD

:) But scientists don't agree upon indigo's place in the rainbow. If indigo gets an emotion and Corp, why not pink?

scientist decided the pluton isnt a planet, that doesnt mean that it isnt

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VampireSelektor

@arnoldoaad: That doesn't mean it is either. Again, pink is a combination a cross between purples and reds. Red isn't the only ingredient.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By arnoldoaad

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad: That doesn't mean it is either. Again, pink is a combination purples and reds. Red isn't the only ingredient.

no, it is a tone of red

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VampireSelektor

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad: That doesn't mean it is either. Again, pink is a combination purples and reds. Red isn't the only ingredient.

no, it is a tone of red

How is "pink = between violet and red" not valid? Indigo is a tone of blue and violet. If "red + white = pink", does "violet + white" not also equal "pink"? I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just not convinced.

On another note, "love" + "life" = "serenity" = "life" + "anger", no?

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By arnoldoaad

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

no, it is a tone of red

How is "pink = between violet and red" not valid? Indigo is a tone of blue and violet. If "red + white = pink", does "violet + white" not also equal "pink"? I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just not convinced.

so maybe if they combine rings you get a different corp

maybe

but here is he thing

Red + Yellow = orange

so if you get a red ring and a yellow one you become an orange lantern, no that doesnt work like that

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By VampireSelektor

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

no, it is a tone of red

maybe

but here is he thing

Red + Yellow = orange

so if you get a red ring and a yellow one you become an orange lantern, no that doesnt work like that

That isn't what I meant. Merriem-Webster defines pink as a color between purple and red. Does pink sit patiently outside of the spectrum while the other colors flow together?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SoA

you know its the same argument that "killed" pluto .so no, forget what scientists say indigo stays ,pink goes, also :

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

while their debut can be actually called violet , they look pink . i remember someone on deviant art tried creating a time lantern corps and the color he chose was turquoise, so i understand what you want to do but it seems a little convoluted. with these pink lanterns it also seems kinda cruel to not let these spirits rest i can understand if there is a wayward hero and a voice of reason of heroes past can try guiding the hero in the right direction but not with a corps .

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By VampireSelektor

@SoA said:

you know its the same argument that "killed" pluto .so no, forget what scientists say indigo stays ,pink goes, also :

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

while their debut can be actually called violet , they look pink . i remember someone on deviant art tried creating a time lantern corps and the color he chose was turquoise, so i understand what you want to do but it seems a little convoluted. with these pink lanterns it also seems kinda cruel to not let these spirits rest i can understand if there is a wayward hero and a voice of reason of heroes past can try guiding the hero in the right direction but not with a corps .

The Sapphires don't quite look pink, but I can see your point. I don't see how spirits would find the Pink Corps cruel. Are you arguing that it's better to give characters their proper sendoff instead of recycling them postmortem?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KnightRise

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@VampireSelektor said:

no, it is a tone of red

maybe

but here is he thing

Red + Yellow = orange

That isn't what I meant. Merriem-Webster defines pink as a color between purple and red. Does pink sit patiently outside of the spectrum while the other colors flow together?

Pink is an illusion

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SoA

@VampireSelektor: i rather have characters have a proper sendoff yes , even the way you asked sounds bad lol, you mentioned there are no saints in DC if there was a MC2 version for DC i can see the founding members of the JL acting like what you wanted. to be honest im not a fan of killing a character off then bring him back , at least not so soon. colossus and nightcrawler done right . cap and human torch has very very bad. then of course uncle ben who is seen mentoring or re-igniting the flame that keeps spider-man going . but uncle ben isnt seen constantly helping spider-man as its not expected. with your proposal i see the afterlife constntly needed almost like when hal jordan became the spectre . the JLA expected a lot from him as he was a former hero . the afterlife shouldnt be a big connection it should be eternal rest (or for some torment lol)

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VampireSelektor

@SoA said:

@VampireSelektor: i rather have characters have a proper sendoff yes , even the way you asked sounds bad lol, you mentioned there are no saints in DC if there was a MC2 version for DC i can see the founding members of the JL acting like what you wanted. to be honest im not a fan of killing a character off then bring him back , at least not so soon. colossus and nightcrawler done right . cap and human torch has very very bad. then of course uncle ben who is seen mentoring or re-igniting the flame that keeps spider-man going . but uncle ben isnt seen constantly helping spider-man as its not expected. with your proposal i see the afterlife constntly needed almost like when hal jordan became the spectre . the JLA expected a lot from him as he was a former hero . the afterlife shouldnt be a big connection it should be eternal rest (or for some torment lol)

I wanted you to clarify your statement. I'm inclined to agree with you, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.