Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

X-Men and Cabal

hpwaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By hpwaz

I haven't been reading the Dark Reign comics,so I have a question about Emma. She is a member of the Cabal,but in Uncanny X-Men comics,she is with the X-Men acting nice and perky. Do the rest of the X-Men know that she's in the Cabal?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian

She is with the Cabal, but the X-Men don't know. At least not yet.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Martian
    Truex said:
    They will probably learn about it around the time that everyone finds out about Scott's new X-force.
    I think they will learn about it in the Dark Avengers/X-Men crossover
    hpwaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hpwaz
    The_Martian said:
    Truex said: They will probably learn about it around the time that everyone finds out about Scott's new X-force. I ... [more]

I always liked Scott and Emma's relationship because Emma doesn't die and come back all the time like Jean.How  will the X-Men feel about Emma being part of an evil X Men team?
    hpwaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hpwaz
    The_Martian said:
    She is with the Cabal, but the X-Men don't know. At least not yet.

How often does the Cabal gather? Wouldn't the X-Men be suspicious whens she keeps leaving?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized
    hpwaz said:
    The_Martian said: She is with the Cabal, but the X-Men don't know. At least not yet. How often does the ... [more]
    Continuity is generally ignored. Surge is supposed to be a human bomb, but her and Northstar were having track lessons. 

hpwaz said:
    The_Martian said: Truex said: They will probably learn about it around the time that everyone finds out about Scott's new ... [more]
    Emma's purpose for being with the Cabal is noble... Dark X-Men however, we'll have to see how that plays out
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By CellphoneGirl

doesn't storm know about the letter.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    Truex said:
    hpwaz said: The_Martian said: She is with the Cabal, but the X-Men don't know. At least not yet. How often ... [more]
    Yeah they stopped because it started to show who they really were, they probably start meeting like normal, did anyone notist when Prof X left to meet with Tony and his group?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pixelized
    xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    doesn't storm know about the letter.
    how would she know?
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CellphoneGirl

because wasnt she talking to Emma right after she got it, she basically gave her the idea of joining..

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pixelized
    xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    because wasnt she talking to Emma right after she got it, she basically gave her the idea of joining.. [more]
    What? Where?
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    pixelized said:
    xxCellPhoneGirlxx said: because wasnt she talking to Emma right after she got it, she basically gave her the idea of ... [more]
    i think in the uncanny xmen annual 2
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pixelized
    xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    pixelized said: xxCellPhoneGirlxx said: because wasnt she talking to Emma right after she got it, she basically gave her the ... [more]
    the one with emma on the cover? wasn't in there.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pixelized
    xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    pixelized said: xxCellPhoneGirlxx said: because wasnt she talking to Emma right after she got it, she basically gave her the ... [more]
    the one with emma on the cover? wasn't in there.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CellphoneGirl

ohh, well i remember her talking to storm, but i don't remember the conversation to good.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pixelized

the one where storm told her to act like a leader or whatever?

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I have a rather wild and crazy theory about Emma's current involvement with the Cabal and Dark X-Men. I'm not going on a lot here and it's mostly based upon character reactions and comic previews that have been released.

First there is the Confession book. Supposedly, it's a double size issue. I despise it when they use the term "and life will never be the same". Every time I read that I could ring someone's neck. Is this going to be good or bad for Emma?
    If it's positive I will be all happy. If it's a negative turn I will more be thinking, "wont someone not rid me of this meddlesome writer?" (Not serious, and bonus points to anyone who gets that reference.). I can only stomach this Black Queen affair for so long.
    It's even more irritating when I feel that Cyclops has just as much to apologize for. There is some serious irony in how Beast, before capture, talked to both Scott and Emma that he will be talking to them both about their clandestine actions. This seems fair to me about how Hank knows that both of them are in the wrong, no matter their intentions; and need to sit down and talk this out. Though if he thought it was that imperative and urgent, why did he put it off? It's interesting how it seems that before this conversation happened that Beast is captured.
    I am wondering if this is true though. What if the conversation did happen? Could the Confession book be a post dated story. As with the Dark X-Men: Beginning. That may seem unlikely when you look at the over the top cover image. Emma is in her Black Queen(pains me to even type that) costume. Though that could just be misdirection.
    I'm just finding Scott's reactions to Emma's to be a trifle underwhelmed, at least in front of his X-Men teams still with him. Even telling the shocked Colossus that he has an idea of what she's doing.

I mention this, because I was looking at the dates of the releases and rethinking some of the issue summaries Marvel has released.
    I noticed that the Confession book is released the week after this still classified Uncanny X-Men # 515. Even part of the Confession description is still listed as Classified. As if there is more that aren't saying just yet. The current statement they use is plenty.
    Then there's the matter of the issue summary for the the first Exodus book, that is released the week before the Uncanny X-Men # 515.

Quote:
    DARK AVENGERS/UNCANNY X-MEN: EXODUS # 1
    The Story: The climactic conclusion to the crossover event of 2009 is here! This is it, the final battle for the Dark Avengers and the X-Men that will change the status quo for the Marvel Universe. Emma Frost’s betrayal comes home to roost. Cyclops’ plan clicks into place, but is it too late? What can the X-Men do against the Sentry and Ares?

The line about "Emma Frost's betrayal comes home to roost.". I used to think about this as her 'betrayal' of the X-Men. When I looked at the cover image for this book and the Dark Avengers #7. I started to look at this from the other side. What is there to say that this 'betrayal' isn't to the Cabal, Dark X-Men, and Namor? Emma did trick Namor into thinking Shaw was dead, and he is seen on the cover of this book on the side of the Dark Avengers. He just kind of stood out to me on that cover since he wasn't a member of the Dark Avengers, and that is the group that is moving on the X-Men from the left of the page, no Dark X-Men in mix from either side. I do remember Fraction stating that Namor would find out about Emma playing him the fool when it came to Shaw.

It's a bit unclear about the time line when Beast was with the X-Club and Utopia's mutant riot. Beast is shown at the start of Utopia, facing off with Trask's hate group march. He's later seen in Dark Avengers #7, being tortured as a test subject for Dark Beast's mutant power removing device. Hank is talking about how his claws are falling off and you see blue hair all over the place. It appears this machine can even remove physiological mutations like Beast's body mutations.
    The X-Club events could of happened between Sisterhood and Utopia.

I used to think that Beast was a complete fool for facing off with Trask. It seemed to play into Trask's hands. He wanted a confrontation like that.
    Going on the extremely long shot that my wild theory is correct, Confession, such as Beginning, is a post dated story, and Scott and Emma are already on the same page. What if Hank met Trask out as part of a plot to lure Osborn out? Get him there and then strike.
    When playing chess the best kind of move is to get your opponent right where you want them, and make them think it was their idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.