Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6137 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Would you like to see the return of Emma's solo comic in the style of Magneto Testimant?

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By uncanny89
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By uncanny89

My idea for this would be a 5 issue mini series which would deal with the major points in Emma's life: 

#1 Origin of powers, basically summarising Emma Frost #1-18 to give an introduction to the character for people who havent read her first solo series 
    #2 Her time with the Hellfire Club, and giving a detailed account of how she became the White Queen 
    #3 Generation X 
    #4 Her and Scott, so New X-men up to around Utopia
    #5 We discover over the past 4 issues she has been  talking to Christian about her life and how she regrets certain choices she made. And in the final few pages she manages to help him recover and we discover that his power is Telekinesis somehow.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Personally, I'd say no.  There are too many mini series, and the majority of Uncanny & Astonishing X-Men are pretty much dedicated to her (and Cyclops).
    nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By nikbackm

I would read it, but right now does not seem like a good time for something like this.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hawk

The reason Testament was so good was because of the history that it was in line with. Emma will not have that history

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By pixelized
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " Personally, I'd say no.  There are too many mini series, and the majority of Uncanny & Astonishing X-Men are pretty much dedicated to her (and Cyclops). "
    I knowwww. Dare I say it, I'm over Emma Frost.
    fanboy#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fanboy#1
    @pixelized said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    " Personally, I'd say no.  There are too many mini series, and the majority of Uncanny & Astonishing X-Men are pretty much dedicated to her (and Cyclops). "
    I knowwww. Dare I say it, I'm over Emma Frost. "

@xerox-kitty said:
    "Personally, I'd say no.  There are too many mini series, and the majority of Uncanny & Astonishing X-Men are pretty much dedicated to her (and Cyclops). "

pretty much 
    lol   pixelized
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cracks

As long as she does not wear too much clothing.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I say...who cares?
    Foreverbbyily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Foreverbbyily
    @cracks said:
    "As long as she does not wear too much clothing. "

Its comments like that,that makes emma's reputation so 
    bad how about you grow up ok
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Korg
    @Hawk said:
    " The reason Testament was so good was because of the history that it was in line with. Emma will not have that history "
    This. Emma just doesn't have the depth of character that Magneto does.

@Foreverbbyily
    said:
    " @cracks said:
    Its comments like that,that makes emma's reputation so bad how about you grow up ok "
    What are you talking about? If Emma's reputation is bad, it's because she's a reformed criminal and home wrecker who wears very revealing "clothing", even though she is no longer an exotic dancer, and is in a committed relationship. Besides that, I'm 99.9% sure cracks was joking, so how about you lighten up a bit, ok?
    Foreverbbyily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Foreverbbyily
    @Korg said:
    " @Hawk said:
    " The reason Testament was so good was because of the history that it was in line with. Emma will not have that history "

@Foreverbbyily
    said:
    " @cracks said:
    Its comments like that,that makes emma's reputation so bad how about you grow up ok "
    What are you talking about? If Emma's reputation is bad, it's because she's a reformed criminal and home wrecker who wears very revealing "clothing", even though she is no longer an exotic dancer, and is in a committed relationship. Besides that, I'm 99.9% sure cracks was joking, so how about you lighten up a bit, ok? "

Ok if her reputation is bad why make it worse 
    with childesh remarks like that but im not going 
    into some pointless arguement about this  
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Korg
    @Foreverbbyily said:

" Ok if her reputation is bad why make it worse with childesh remarks like that but im not going into some pointless arguement about this   "

I don't see how a fan/reader/poster can worsen a character's reputation, that's all. Not looking for an argument.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cracks
    @Foreverbbyily: LOL. You are funny. Why should I care about Emma's reputation? Please continue.  Oh, just so you know, you might want to pick up an English grammar book because your spelling and grammar are both horrible.  Have you ever taken an ESL course? Please take an ESL course. Furthermore, how does one define the word "childish?" One can not, simply because it is a subjective term. Therefore, I don't know what "childish" means. Please continue though. : )

@Foreverbbyily

said:

" @cracks said:

No. I will "grow down."  

@Korg

said:

" @Hawk said:

@Foreverbbyily

said:

" @cracks said:

What are you talking about? If Emma's reputation is bad, it's because she's a reformed criminal and home wrecker who wears very revealing "clothing", even though she is no longer an exotic dancer, and is in a committed relationship. Besides that, I'm 99.9% sure cracks was joking, so how about you lighten up a bit, ok? "

LOL. 
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uncanny89

instead of a mini series how about and X-Men Origins: Emma Frost where it details all the key events in her life which i believe are: 

manifestation of her powers 
    Joining the Inner Circle 
    Battling Phoenix and the resulting Coma 
    Loosing the hellions 
    joining the X-Men and her road to redemption 

Or is that too much for the origins books
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uncanny89
    If you were going to make an Emma Frost Origins one shot like the other ones we are getting what would you include and why?
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for one a big no to redoing the origin series, or any of her mini's
    give some halfcocked writer the chance to retcon it for his current story, no way!
    those stories are easy enough to come by in single issue, trade or digital, 
    hardcore Emma enthusiast just need to push them on people interested in the character, 
    and provide directions on where to specifically get a hold of them if need be. not a hard task
    on a comics fansite.

an Origins issue, which id almost say is a given. while i like those they seem to follow the criteria
    of my above statement. filling in new plot holes to make to make current developments undeniable, 
    Cyclops's for instance makes it plausible that Cyclops is the current leader, and also doesnt stand
    underneath Magneto, by saying he always was this way. or worse in Gambits case his issue was to 
    make the fact that he appeared in the Wolverine movie undeniable.

truth to be told id rather writers worry about her current character development, which seems lacking to me,
    before digging into a past already established. 

i personally feel that her solo stories throughout Dark Reign covered what needed to be.

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uncanny89
    @CATMANEXE:
    What i meant really for Emma is to have a full cannonical hitory for her as there are big gaps between her leaving college and then her appearing as the white queen.  also there are at least 3 different versions of how she first manifested her powers Gen X - 1, Gen X i think 18 where she tells monet jubilee and husk, andthe in her origin story. 

I think that seeing as some of the core characters have a solid back story i think that emma deserves one
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncanny89: 
    i understood you meant, as you already said it, and i explained how i thought most current writers
    would take advantages of those gaps as a result, and end up retconning her character. as far as
    core characters having solid back stories, most really dont have any that are more solid than hers, nor
    gapless, and most of them have more accounts of incident then Emma does as well. sorry i cant agree
    with you here. what your proposing should be done already has been. a second attempt at it would only be
    a retcon of what already was.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay though. what i will say would work would be an Emma Frost Essentials type book,
    collecting her key stories, and including stories alot of people might have missed.

nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nikbackm

Well, at least she will apparently get an official "Origins" story.

2) Any plans for Emma's surviving siblings (Cordelia and the brother)? 

Lowe: Madroxdupe420, don't believe every rumor you hear. Why would you think "Second Coming" has anything to do with the Phoenix? As for Emma's surviving siblings, they make a brief appearance in the upcoming "X-Men Origins: Emma Frost" one-shot, but not beyond there for the time being.

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uncanny89
    @nikbackm:
    im glad were getting one now its just when are we going to be getting it? the next one is nightcrawler which i think is out next month, so maybe she is after that. 

Am i the only one wondering, with the fantastic covers on th most part we have had for the origins series, what will Emma's look like?
    nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nikbackm
    @uncanny89: 
    Who knows? It's not been officially solicited yet so it might even be "canceled" yet. She was after all stated to get a mini in 2009 some years back. But I feel pretty sure this one will happen.

Yes, I'm hoping for some really good cover, more stylish than the Greg Horn ones for her series and the one for the recent annual. Inside art will hopefully be good too. 

The story is not that important since it will just be a recap of her history, but it will be interesting too see what parts they include from Generation X, her own series and the "old" HFC history from Uncanny and New Mutants. 
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By uncanny89
    @nikbackm:
    I think that it will take key moments from her history so: 

Manifesting her powers and her training with Astrid Bloom (who i thik should come back as a personal deamon for Emma to deal with) 
    Joining the HFC and Dark Phoenix 
    Recruiting the hellions and their deaths 
    Gen X including Adriennes death 
    Surviving Genosha  
    then her time with the x-men up untill now 

And the way i think it should be done is kind of like how Cyclops' was done, but instead of Charles she is talking to it should either be Christian (her brother) or Scott. 

As for the Cover id want it to be like the Psylocke cover for Uncanny 509 i think it was, so half White Queen and then half the current Emma, but not dont by Greg Land maybe Phil Jimenez or Terry Dodson 
    nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nikbackm
    @uncanny89 said:

" I think that it will take key moments from her history so: 

Hm, I don't know, that sounds a bit too much. All of the other Origins so far only show periods from the characters early history. I wouldn't go any further than to her joining HFC if I wrote it. (Don't worry, I won't be ;) 

Better to concentrate on her early history; to consolidate the conflicting versions from Generation X and New X-Men/her solo, or at least choose one as canon. I guess the latest one counts for most though. Maybe also add some more details.

@uncanny89

said:

"And the way i think it should be done is kind of like how Cyclops' was done, but instead of Charles she is talking to it should either be Christian (her brother) or Scott.

Cannot be Christian in that case as he "disappeared" before she joined HFC.

@uncanny89

said:

As for the Cover id want it to be like the Psylocke cover for Uncanny 509 i think it was, so half White Queen and then half the current Emma, but not dont by Greg Land maybe Phil Jimenez or Terry Dodson  "

Whew! You had me worried there for a second :) Definitely not Greg Land thank you. And not the other Greg either. 

Even so I don't know if it would be a good idea to mimic the Psylocke cover, some people might get wrong idea and retcon in a bodyswap somewhere :) The White Queen will hopefully be included on the cover in some way though.

But this is moot now since someone in the Emma thread at CBR already said that Bill Sienkiewic would be doing the cover and that it will come out in May. Even posted a link to it.

No Caption Provided

PS. The picture in the link looks better, ComicVine seems to shrink uploaded images.

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uncanny89
    @nikbackm:
    You do have a very good point about the content, what i listed would be too much for a oneshot.  Maybe just have her powers manifesting, Astrid Bloom, her time from her leaving college to her becoming the white queen therefore giving her a true cannon backstory.  It could be Christian, she could be visiting him in a psychiatric hospital or something, or even rehab lol, i dont know how they will approach the actual story and i will be looking forward to it.  As for the cover im dont actually like it and ive never really liked Bills art as a comic book style, it looks too much like art.  I just hope he isnt doing the interiors.
    IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By IcePrince_X

A good Emma Frost series will be how she will betray the X-Men and how she will again win her place back with them. 

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By uncanny89
    @IcePrince_X:
    what do you mean? like she goes back to the hellfire club or something?  

BTW does anyone know if the HFC is still around and if so when was its last appearence
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AngelFrost

As long as it means more Adrienne and Cordelia 
    then hell yeah! (:

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By uncanny89
    @AngelFrost:  
    from the article on CBR they said that the whole frost family would be in ti or thats what i got from it so i cant wait :)
    @Edamame:
    i meant the actual full on hellfire club like it was in new mutants and uncanny during the 80's like an arc based around them and the club not just one of its members
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By The Mast

If done correctly it could be a very suspenseful, dramatic story.

Get a good writer, a good artist and I'm in.

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uncanny89
    @The Mast:
    i think it will be a very dramatic story as we see the heiress turn into the white queen 

i really cant wait to see what points in her life they choose, and who is actually going to be writing it
    nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nikbackm

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.