Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Will Emma play a role in the New Avengers?

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By doddy

The writer, Jonathan Hickman dropped into a poll on which female character you’d like to see in his NA run and Hickman voted for Emma.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?434280-New-Avengers-Which-Female-Characters-Do-You-Want-To-Join&p=16243759&viewfull=1#post16243759

And he said:

Originally Posted by JHickman
    Q:Is there a chance Sage or Emma Frost will appear in New Avengers?
    A: Sage, no. Emma...who can say.

Still can't tell whether or not Emma will be a big role in his NA, but Hickman seems to have plans for her (at least a cameo appearance).

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

maybe a cameo.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

It would make sense. I'm getting a real big "illuminati" vibe from the cast members he's selected, and Emma was on one of those councils.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mutant God

Hope she replaces Beast as a member

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@fodigg said:

It would make sense. I'm getting a real big "illuminati" vibe from the cast members he's selected, and Emma was on one of those councils.

I would agree if she wasnt a fugitive. she was also second in command of the X-men at the time and it was Norman Osborn's Cabal aka the Dark Illuminati

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By agent9149

I want so see some Emma action without her manchild holding her back

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lykopis

Being a part of the New Avengers is going to be a little awkward considering she's a fugitive. Unless they intend to have her be a double agent but on the side of Cap and friends (and I say this because of Bendis). She's been in that position before and with my enthusiasm for the new Uncanny X-Man dwindling more and more, I can see that happening. There's lots of buzz going around and without spoiling anything, Emma is useful on both ends of spectrum without needing to interact with Scott so much since he's out and about posing for video surveillance cameras with the new "YMCA" choreography except its just an "X" and his Village People aren't as fun (unless you count Magneto and Piotr. Those two are regular laugh-ups)

I would be surprised if they brought her into the Illuminati -- -Namor is still a member and he's a fugitive as well. I still don't get why there is an Illuminati at all -- they were useless before.

Still -- Hickman did vote for Emma but he could just be intimating he wants her to be part of the book and not part of the team. Hopefully he and Bendis will communicate enough with other that we don't have too much inconsistency in how her character will be portrayed. Then again, if they stick with an all male team on New Avengers (which it is more or less at the moment with only three members left to be announced), then having Emma be relegated to nympho double agent would be easy for both writers to write.

Because actually respecting the character's development over the years by other writer's pens is so likely with these two gentlemen...

(edited to add: in a bad mood -- I'm sick and exams are looming.)

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By doddy

Since Namor is still in the Illuminati, I think Emma can have her crimes ignored too; her being a fugitive doesn’t matter.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@doddy said:

Since Namor is still in the Illuminati, I think Emma can have her crimes ignored too; her being a fugitive doesn’t matter.

Namor has diplomatic immunity

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@doddy said:

That doesn't cover major acts of war or the fact that Wakanda and Atlantis are a state of war now. (no war actions is being taken because Wakanda is so hurt). I'm guessing because the issue is so big they are tabling the issue for now.   Still I think Beast is a good fit and no reason for Emma to replace him. He's a brain and one of the heads of the Jean Grey school which seems to have a majority of the X-Men siding with them.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Dernman said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@doddy said:

That doesn't cover major acts of war or the fact that Wakanda and Atlantis are a state of war now. (no war actions is being taken because Wakanda is so hurt). I'm guessing because the issue is so big they are tabling the issue for now. Still I think Beast is a good fit and no reason for Emma to replace him. He's a brain and one of the heads of the Jean Grey school which seems to have a majority of the X-Men siding with them.

ahhhh, i see. i hope hes kicked off eventually. Or dies. im fine with either.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Lvenger

No no no no. She doesn't deserve to be on the Illuminati let alone the grace of Hickman writing her. Besides she's a fugitive. I don't think she'd be a popular member anyway.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By doddy

@Lvenger said:

No no no no. She doesn't deserve to be on the Illuminati let alone the grace of Hickman writing her. Besides she's a fugitive. I don't think she'd be a popular member anyway.

Well, Hickman does seem to have plans for writing her in his NA run. I doubt she’ll be a member of the all-male illuminati too.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@doddy: She's not one of my favourite characters so I'm not happy about that. But I have high hopes for New Avengers, it looks like it'll be awesome!

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PassionFlower

Actually I'd like to see Emma in NA , she's add a nice dimension and be the needed telepath.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Veitha

I found this on Kris Anka deviantart... maybe just a fanart or maybe a new version of the Cabal??

No Caption Provided
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By SoA

if it wasn't for ruby summers or a (possible future)child from namor (telepathic diamond bodied atlantean???) i'd say kill emma off , i cant stand her lol

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lykopis:

Unless they intend to have her be a double agent but on the side of Cap and friends
    UNCANNY X-MEN #2
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
    Variant Cover by Frazer Irving
    • There is a mole on Cyclops’ team, but who is it?
    • When you hunt the UNCANNY X-MEN you use Sentinels, but when you find out WHO’S DOING THE HUNTING your jaw will drop!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

And what is the cover?

No Caption Provided
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lykopis

@god_spawn said:

@lykopis:

Unless they intend to have her be a double agent but on the side of Cap and friends
    UNCANNY X-MEN #2
    • When you hunt the UNCANNY X-MEN you use Sentinels, but when you find out WHO’S DOING THE HUNTING your jaw will drop!

And what is the cover?

No Caption Provided

O_O

I scare myself.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Mercy_
    @Agent9149

I want so see some Emma action without her manchild holding her back

Yes.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mercy_
    @god_spawn

@lykopis:

UNCANNY X-MEN #2

And what is the cover?

No Caption Provided
    Posted a theory on this onnmy Tumblr.

Last time Emma wore black, she was betraying a team.
    Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@Mercy_: Agreed. I can't see Emma being a double agent again though especially agains Cyclops... I mean I know they're going to be breaking up but I can't see her going back on him after sticking my him for so long - she's not the type of person to be petty.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@Mercy_: Agreed. I can't see Emma being a double agent again though especially agains Cyclops... I mean I know they're going to be breaking up but I can't see her going back on him after sticking my him for so long - she's not the type of person to be petty.

Either can I. Despite tensions, both are pretty loyal to each other or at least their causes.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mercy_

I think it'd be way too obvious a choice. My money's on Magneto.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Mercy_: I agree it is. I think by putting her on the cover would be way too obvious. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mags considering where he stood in AvX near the end, but even that would be a bit obvious. Maybe Magik or one of the newer mutants.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Why dose she have to betray anyone to be part of a team.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

@Mercy_: I agree it is. I think by putting her on the cover would be way too obvious. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mags considering where he stood in AvX near the end, but even that would be a bit obvious. Maybe Magik or one of the newer mutants.

but this is bendis were talking about,,,he gave a the good lines to the O5 and treated scoot and emma like children

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By queenfrost_

@Mercy_ said:

I think it'd be way too obvious a choice. My money's on Magneto.

But this is Bendis

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By doddy

if she really will play a role in age of ultron i think she perhaps will be involved in NA... but even today i can't be sure if that info about her being in the group of resistance fighters in aou was real... i mean it's kinda weird that none of other sites, comicvine cbr, newsarama, marvel etc, ever mentioned that synopsis as official news its a good advertisement for age of ultron…

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.