Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Why is there so much hate for Emma Frost?

• 118 results
    Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#101  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don
    @boob said:
    " In a lot the forums there is so much hate for Emma. But why? A few things that keep coming back up whenever someone is bashing her so lets go down the list. 
    She was a stripper: First off stripping is not a crime in America.  
               But it sets a bad example: Then guess what your going to have to throw out everything that is connected to Eve (singer/actress). She was once a stripper, as was Lady Ga-Ga.
     She has had plastic surgery: So has millions of other men and women. Hell just look at half of Hollywood. Janet Jackson, Jennifer Aniston, the list goes on. 
    She stoled Scott from Jean: So it was alright for Jean to lock lips with Wolverine in Genosha, and on a hill in the back yard. But bad Emma she did some mind stuff with Scott. Plus what is Scott's accountability? Why do we always attack the mistress and the husband gets a "time out"? Look at the whole "Team Aniston" vs "Team Jolie". Does this mean in order for Emma to get a pass she has to pop out a baby Summers?  
    She dresses like a slut: And Beyonce,Lady Ga-Ga, Madonna and other women in Hollywood don't, have you looked at a magazine or music video lately? Hell just go to a mall and count how many thongs and "G" strings you will see. 
    She is a "b": She has come from a hard life. A life where she could depend on only herself. The people who she did let in were either :drug addicts, used her, stabbed her in the back, or more then one of those. So why do people really hate her so much? Is it because she could have had the Frost fortune but said no, and many of us in our hearts know we would have had said yes? Because she is smart, and we are upset because we wish to have degrees as well? Why is there so much hate for a comic book character, yet real people who are a lot like her we don't even blink an eye at?  "

P3ople on television should not be your role models, unless you have a bad home situation, just my opinion. Followers: Just cuz 1 person jumps off the bridge they wanna do it 2. :/
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By SC  Moderator

Honestly, i think it depends on what is meant by a role model. People should really use their ability to discern and differentiate, between what they perceive in others, what they perceive within, and whether other people, whoever provide some characteristic or behavior that may granted positive enough to emulate. How well one can do that can matter a lot as well. An eye for discretion aids, and the source can come from many places, and the source behavior or characteristics do not need to be emulated in full.  They are also of course, potentially possible without the aid or a role model. It really depends. I wouldn't rule out people on TV though, characters on TV often invariably mimic people in real life, or may even be based on people in real life, or even be comparative of people you know in real life as well. I think Temperance Brennan would be an alright role model. Alan Shore less so overall, but many of his traits definitely.  

I agree with followers comment ^_^

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By MichonneHack27

I admit I don't like Emma. But I do respect her fans for loving her so much. There are good qualities about her even if its hard to see. I think with some fans. I won't speak for all just some, some don't like Emma because they've been use to her as a villianess. I admit I had some trouble believing that Juggernaut had turn good. Or simply Emma's like... Twilight. Sorry for the analogyXD but in some ways that is Emma's fate for the moment. She's a character many love and many love to hate. Not too mention like they added she's a b**** comment. This is my idea, Emma has no real favorites exept for maybe SOME of her students and Scott. And when Emma sometimes verbally or physically attacks a character (I don't know who I'm just giving an idea) like uhhh... X-23. Some will use that as an excuse not to like her. 

Thats what got her off for me. I didn't like how she was being cruel to X-23 when she first came to the school. I felt she was being a hypocrite to Laura. But like I said thats my opinion and idea. I may not like her. But I salute you for standing up for her! *SALUTES ALL EMMA FANS*
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @MichonneHack27 said:
    Thats what got her off for me. I didn't like how she was being cruel to X-23 when she first came to the school. I felt she was being a hypocrite to Laura. But like I said thats my opinion and idea. I may not like her. But I salute you for standing up for her! *SALUTES ALL EMMA FANS* "

Oh, me too, since I am a huge X-23 fan too, and sometimes when you have a friend in real life that does something you think is way out of line? I was like thinking, damn writer, I know sometimes Emma can be inconsiderate and cruel, its a part of her character, but why would she be that way to Laura? I felt like she was being a hypocrite to, in fact I still maintain  she was, and with Wither as well, but later writing made me realize, or of the opinion Emma had good intentions, I loved that scene later on with Emma and Kimura.  

So I still think she is a hypocrite, but most hypocrites often thing that the details of the circumstance are different and what they are doing is actually 'right' rather than wrong. Emma has a bit of an ego (confidence) like that.  

Your post was awesome by the way, and thanks on behalf of Emma fans. It doesn't sound like you really hate Emma, just that you don't like her, which makes plenty of sense. She has some bad/negative habits and personality traits. 
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#105  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @SC:
    honestly it really all depends on one's perception. Sometimes she is very sneaky and seems like she has an alterior motive but shes been what a heroine for almost 18 years now right? Honestly i dont see her going back to a villain it wouldnt have been 17+ years to keep her as a heroine then have her go back as a villain. So she can be a b**** sometimes we all know that and honestly is one of the reasons i like her as a character is she can back up the attitude sometimes. She seems to not care alot but to me she does in her own way atleast. In a preview comic for wolverine and Jubilee that comes out later this month it shows the after effects of the x-men curse of the mutants as Jubes is still suffering i wont spoil anything if you havent read, but it shows that jubes is still "sick" and emma and wolverine are looking after her, and emma is yelling at dr. Rao that is jubilee cured yet? and the doctor says the treatment is working and but she is still sick and emma yells again is that will she ever be cured, and the doc says no and emma yells at her to find one. So she may have the attitude but she seems to care in her own way even if it is straight forward and yelling but who cares she is an awesome character in my opinion.
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By uncanny89
    @god_spawn:   Seeing as Jubilee was one of emma's students its understandable that she cares for jubilee.  I think that Emma has a be cruel to be kind mentality when it comes to her students and you just know that if someone tried to hurt any of the x-men emma would rip their mind, and probably their body, apart.  Emma wont imo go back to being a villain there is no logical way for her to go back? what would her reasons be?
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @uncanny89 said:
    " @god_spawn:   Seeing as Jubilee was one of emma's students its understandable that she cares for jubilee.  I think that Emma has a be cruel to be kind mentality when it comes to her students and you just know that if someone tried to hurt any of the x-men emma would rip their mind, and probably their body, apart.  Emma wont imo go back to being a villain there is no logical way for her to go back? what would her reasons be? "

exactly there really isnt a logical reason for her to go back
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @god_spawn: I agree very nicely said.  

(just to clarify, you didn't think I was saying Emma had villainous habits and tendencies right? I mean bad as in potentially deconstructive to others, and like with your example, Emma would probably show bias more towards she considers innocent, younger, not bad things, and of course doing what you think is right, as opposed to what society and say the government thinks is right, has the potential to label you as bad, but also a free speaker and a force for good and change. 
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @SC:
    Nope i didnt think that you were saying she had villainous habits
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @god_spawn:  Ah cool. ^_^ 

Now all is right with this plane of existence, and I can not depart for realities where there is an imbalance in matters relating to Emma Frost  

*flies away on magic coffee maker*
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @SC:
    lol where ever there is emma hate....god_spawn and SC will be there to correct the wrong.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#112  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Because i think she's ROTTEN and mean and i HATE SNOBS

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#113  Edited By StormyWeather
    @Edamame:  trust me, she probably will
    doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By doddy
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " She's one of Marvel's best characters. "
    Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

They are just jealous I like her but sometime i dnt

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
    phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate her due to how she acts with almost everyone

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I admit I don't like her but it has actually nothing to do with her. I LOVE Jean Grey and the psychic affair I feel was Scott's doing. Yes Emma manipulated him, but then that is her personality. She did what she knows to do, nothing out of her character. Scott though was out of line.

In X-Men Black Emma Frost, I kinda felt sorry for her. Although she became the black king, she had to beg the X-men to help her when once upon a time standing by Scott's side she ruled the X-Men and gave orders.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 god_spawn  Moderator

Because they can’t handle perfection.

Long live the Frostitutes.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they can’t handle perfection.

Long live the Frostitutes.

... Man, the fanbase needs a better name. Emma would slap everyone for not having more class.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 god_spawn  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.