Why is there so much hate for Emma Frost?

• 116 results
#1 Posted by boob (363 posts) - - Show Bio

In a lot the forums there is so much hate for Emma. But why? A few things that keep coming back up whenever someone is bashing her so lets go down the list. 
She was a stripper: First off stripping is not a crime in America.  
           But it sets a bad example: Then guess what your going to have to throw out everything that is connected to Eve (singer/actress). She was once a stripper, as was Lady Ga-Ga.
 She has had plastic surgery: So has millions of other men and women. Hell just look at half of Hollywood. Janet Jackson, Jennifer Aniston, the list goes on. 
She stoled Scott from Jean: So it was alright for Jean to lock lips with Wolverine in Genosha, and on a hill in the back yard. But bad Emma she did some mind stuff with Scott. Plus what is Scott's accountability? Why do we always attack the mistress and the husband gets a "time out"? Look at the whole "Team Aniston" vs "Team Jolie". Does this mean in order for Emma to get a pass she has to pop out a baby Summers?  
She dresses like a slut: And Beyonce,Lady Ga-Ga, Madonna and other women in Hollywood don't, have you looked at a magazine or music video lately? Hell just go to a mall and count how many thongs and "G" strings you will see. 
She is a "b": She has come from a hard life. A life where she could depend on only herself. The people who she did let in were either :drug addicts, used her, stabbed her in the back, or more then one of those. 
So why do people really hate her so much? Is it because she could have had the Frost fortune but said no, and many of us in our hearts know we would have had said yes? 
Because she is smart, and we are upset because we wish to have degrees as well? Why is there so much hate for a comic book character, yet real people who are a lot like her we don't even blink an eye at? 

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

She's one of Marvel's best characters.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate her. I mean she can be quite a bitch, but that's part of her character :)

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" She's one of Marvel's best characters. "
#5 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

She makes a much better villain.
#6 Posted by Edamame (28397 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Emma Frost as a "villain".  I would actually like to see Emma betraying the X-Men later on in the future.

#7 Posted by longbowhunter (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always really liked Emma Frost. I'm an old school Generation X fan. Now Jean Grey I can understand hating.
#8 Posted by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Every character in the spotlight will get hated, it's just how it is. Not exactly as if other major X-Men like Wolverine and Cyclops, or Storm and Jean Grey are immune either, right? Especially Cyclops and Wolverine perhaps. Of course it's easier to notice hatred of characters you like.

Then there's also "hate" from other character fans who may feel their faves are threatened or have been neglected due to her, particularly Jean fans of course, but also Storm fans to some degree (but I think most concentrate more on BP :). Just an another integral aspect of fandom. 

Hate's not necessarily all that bad either, controversy is often good for keeping up interest in a character, the real killer is indifference.

#9 Posted by freedom (71 posts) - - Show Bio

if there's one thing i hate about emma, either its her fugly face on that hasbro marvel legends fig or her cameo in wolvie origins. nightmare. other than that i love emma. i think she'll be better as a hero, to think that x-villains nowadays are much more powerful, adaptive and diverse. unlike before when telepaths are just few, she had her glory days then. i'd be more terrified on a ravaging storm, wolvie or jean. :)

#10 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Emma 
I think she's cool and a good addition to the current and recent X-Men  
but you know what I do hate? the picture someone put as her profile pic on her page 
her with a machine gun undoing her top? 
seriously? 
can someone please change it? 
it's not even a well drawn image 
it's just.....crap.
#11 Posted by pinchpaker29 (465 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't necessarily hate Emma, I guess the hate comes from the way different writers portray her. Some plays her as just a sex thing, others (which I prefer) play her out as a true intellectual, a lot just down right portrays her as a bi+ch...

#12 Posted by jaberjaws91 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Emma Frost! she plays a good anti-hero and before u guys kill me she much better suits scott she can handle his bullshit and inferiority complex and she's strong so she will keep him lined up! And there is no love triangle bullshit! Triangles are so Anime! and Namor doesn't count this guy was shot down hard! And Can't lie but Fraction is doing good on her character!

#13 Posted by N7_Normandy (2411 posts) - - Show Bio

No hate here; I really like her snarky attitude

#14 Posted by boob (363 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe hate is a strong word. But if you go to any of the forums that have Jean or Storm in it. And want to defend Emma make sure you have a cup on boys. They always bring up the things that I said above. And when I try to challenge it they ignore what I say or become two year olds. "Well Emma has a big head" (ok no one has said that but you get what I mean). She is not my number one (Rogue always will be). I just don't like it when people attack a person (or a character in this case) and just don't want to hear the other side. Lets face it Wolverine has made his feelings clear (at least to the reader) about Jean since the whole Phoenix thing, and not until they had to kill who they thought was Jean did he admit it out loud. Yet no one has said anything about that, and when I do bring it up. They state that he only started to make his feelings known since the Inferno. I admit that was the first time he made a fisacel move, it wouldn't be so bad if that was the only time that happened but it isn't.  And some even say not until the 90's cartoon did he start showing his love for her in the comic. Are people just not reading the same comics as me? Do I have  alternite reality comics or what? I just wish the Emma haters would try to have a serious debate with the Emma lovers without resorting to name calling. I mean look at everyone who has responed to this topic though there is disagreement on if she should be good or bad. But none of you have stated you don't like her. Yet there are forums full of people who would love to have her no longer in the Marvel Universe (or at least make it seem that way). This topic is more for them. I just want a clear and adult reason as to why they hate her.  

#15 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

She's useless, and has been completely uninteresting and 2-dimensional for years. The only thing she is good at is alienating people and getting her students killed.

#16 Edited by Raionherustsu (30 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:

"She's useless, and has been completely uninteresting and 2-dimensional for years. The only thing she is good at is alienating people and getting her students killed. "

The uninteresting part is your opinion. And can you please explain how is she 2D? Because for me she is a complex character and most comic critics I've read tend to consider her that way (unless "for years" means since Fraction started writing Uncanny, then I can understand where you're getting at). 

@boob: I think nikbackm    got it right. Every character in the spotlight will always be more discussed, sometimes in a good way, others not so much. It's been like that with Wolverine for years, it didn't change the fact that he still is one of the (if not the) most published Marvel character. If you want another example, take a look at some of the threads discussing Cyclops. People complain about him a lot, but only because he has been pretty much the center of the X-stories for the past few years. Thing is, X-Men is about a team and every fan has their favorites, if your favorite is not one of the characters on the spotlight  chances are you're going to complain.
#17 Edited by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio
@boob:  ...'Stoled' Scott? She placed a fur collar on Scott? And it's hardly unusual for a person to hate someone who's alot like them; it's actually fairly common.
@Edamame:  Way too predictable! 
@Korg: 2-dimensional? She's one of the most realistic characters in the series! And you could attribute her behaviour to her past, but when it comes down to it, I think it's just who she is. Emma Frost is very intelligent, as well as being cunning, it's not like it's RARE to see smart people being jerks. She acts like she's better than other people because, perhaps in her mind, she IS.
#18 Posted by Edamame (28397 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" She's useless, and has been completely uninteresting and 2-dimensional for years. The only thing she is good at is alienating people and getting her students killed. "
lol
#19 Posted by jaberjaws91 (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" She's useless, and has been completely uninteresting and 2-dimensional for years. The only thing she is good at is alienating people and getting her students killed  
So true, but that is the curs of Every teacher in the X univers so thats unjustified!
#20 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really her students have the highest causality rates by far.  Most of the haters are annoyed that Emma is being made the main x-women just because she is banging Scott. They feel she hasn't earned it yet and never will. Also fraction and his obsession with Scott and Emma hasn't helped while he also reduces every character to wallpaper.

#21 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Moderator Online
#22 Posted by Backflip (2239 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
#23 Posted by romanmjarko (18 posts) - - Show Bio

For me Emma Frost is my no. 1 female comic character. She really is a superb character, plus the looks of her is really stunning. The word is really SEXY!
#24 Posted by boob (363 posts) - - Show Bio

With the whole she is only co leading the X-men because she is banging Scott as laughable. In her mind she either leads or co leads everything. Even if it isn't true. I mean hell when Havok was leading his team, did it really look like he was leading when Emma was around? And when she and Banshee were co leading Generation X, how many times did she take matters into her hands even though he disaproved? With her personality thats just how she is. In her mind being Scott girlfriend is probably the perk. 

#25 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
"She's one of Marvel's best characters. "
#26 Posted by Warpath Storm (472 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like her more if she wasnt with scott she depends on his love too much that is not emma emma is a strong person by herself
#27 Posted by FierceYouth (32 posts) - - Show Bio

The argument that she has the highest death rates per students of any Mutant teacher is a pretty valid one. Seriously, more students of hers have died than Magneto's and Professor X's combined, and they've been around a hell of a lot longer and have had plenty more followers.  

I for one am vehemently against Emma. Don't get me wrong, I think she's a very interesting character, and she has a level of depth that I never expected to see in her, but I still despise her. I suppose it's tough to say whether I despise her and Scott or just the writers of New X-Men, but at any rate, she is certainly somewhere in the crossfire of my disdain.  

I can't help but see her as an allegory for America's depreciation for monogamy. Allow me to Kanye:  
 Emma Frost, I'mma let you finish, but Jean Grey and Scott Summers had one of the best romances of all time! OF ALL TIME!  

This is not considered a legitimate form of therapy in most circles. 
Seriously, if during She-Hulk's run on Fantastic Four Reed had been established as having fallen in love with She-Hulk, Sue got lost in the Negative Zone, and Reed had instantly moved on to Jennifer, don't you think people would have been pissed?  (I say Sue got lost in the Negative Zone and not died because everyone knows that Jean is going to come back. It's not even the subject of debate.

Saying that Emma "understands Scott better than Jean did" doesn't really count since the writers only decided that Scott was anything more than a boy scout after he had fallen in love with Emma (which is yet another issue I have with certain writers, but this is about my problems with Emma, not Scott...). I can't help but look at her and say "okay, so this is Marvel's way of saying that it's fine to be promiscuous as long as you have fallen out of love with your wife," or "true love doesn't exist." I get that "true love" is a little too rich for some people's blood, but it's a thematic element in story telling that has fallen to the wayside lately. 

These are my personal grievances with Emma. As for those who hate her because she dresses like a slut, I say that's no reason to hate. That's just jealousy right there. Very few characters can pull off the hyper-slut look, and I've gotta say, if nothing else, she does that very well.  
#28 Edited by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix said:

" Not really her students have the highest causality rates by far.  Most of the haters are annoyed that Emma is being made the main x-women just because she is banging Scott. They feel she hasn't earned it yet and never will. Also fraction and his obsession with Scott and Emma hasn't helped while he also reduces every character to wallpaper. "

Yes, I can see how a reader jumping on in the last few years (say post Messiah Complex) would get that impression, but that's not how her leading position (such as it is, she does not really go around ordering the other X-Men about as far as I've seen) in the X-Men started out.

Emma was actually the (only) one who took the initiative to rebuild the school and keep it running after it was destroyed by Magneto in Planet X. Professor X was fed up everything and left, Storm was off doing whatever she did in X-Treme X-Men while Cyclops planned to leave as well, and would have if not for Emma (and deceased Jean) asking him to stay around.

@FierceYouth said:

" The argument that she has the highest death rates per students of any Mutant teacher is a pretty valid one. Seriously, more students of hers have died than Magneto's and Professor X's combined, and they've been around a hell of a lot longer and have had plenty more followers. 

The difference in death counts may also have something to do with the increased usage of shock deaths in the comics during Emma's time as co-headmaster. That wasn't really the case during Professor X's and Magneto's regimes, though they did not escape entirely unscathed (e.g. Thunderbird, Doug Ramsey). Let's not forget Professor X sending out an untrained class and getting it killed in X-Men: Deadly Genesis either. That was of course from later years.
#29 Posted by mario_nblc (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to hate her, because i am a Jean fan, but i cant.  
The jean fans may show their negative emotions towards her because she was somewhat Jean rival.  
The thing with this here is that there are always people who will strongly be on one side. They will either hate Jean or Emma.  
I love Jean but i think Emma is an awesome and funny character. I love reading her quotes.  
I aked similar question, "why is there so much hate for Jean"  and it really was pointless beacuse half of the comments were "shes awesome, we love her", and the other half was " she sucks, she should stay dead". So there will never be one answear to those kinds of questions.

#30 Posted by Wishful_Thinker (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her regardless, villian or hero... 

I hate Fraction's recent take on her but that's another story. 

I forgot what issue of New X-men it was but Scott says that basically Emma makes him feel more free and I think she's obviously brings out more of the leader in him. He's always caught flack for abandoning Madelyne and to me there is no question that Jean wore the pants in their relationship. 
Which also brings up the fact Scott left Madelyne for Jean which was convenient  for Jean when she turned out to be her clone and the Goblin Queen right? She stayed Marvel's sweetheart. 

#31 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio
@nikbackm said:
" @Skaddix said:

" Not really her students have the highest causality rates by far.  Most of the haters are annoyed that Emma is being made the main x-women just because she is banging Scott. They feel she hasn't earned it yet and never will. Also fraction and his obsession with Scott and Emma hasn't helped while he also reduces every character to wallpaper. "

Yes, I can see how a reader jumping on in the last few years (say post Messiah Complex) would get that impression, but that's not how her leading position (such as it is, she does not really go around ordering the other X-Men about as far as I've seen) in the X-Men started out.

Emma was actually the (only) one who took the initiative to rebuild the school and keep it running after it was destroyed by Magneto in Planet X. Professor X was fed up everything and left, Storm was off doing whatever she did in X-Treme X-Men while Cyclops planned to leave as well, and would have if not for Emma (and deceased Jean) asking him to stay around.

@FierceYouth said:

" The argument that she has the highest death rates per students of any Mutant teacher is a pretty valid one. Seriously, more students of hers have died than Magneto's and Professor X's combined, and they've been around a hell of a lot longer and have had plenty more followers. 

The difference in death counts may also have something to do with the increased usage of shock deaths in the comics during Emma's time as co-headmaster. That wasn't really the case during Professor X's and Magneto's regimes, though they did not escape entirely unscathed (e.g. Thunderbird, Doug Ramsey). Let's not forget Professor X sending out an untrained class and getting it killed in X-Men: Deadly Genesis either. That was of course from later years. "

#32 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
"
#33 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio
@Warpath Storm said:
" I would like her more if she wasnt with scott she depends on his love too much that is not emma emma is a strong person by herself "
Screw Matt Fraction. She was fine by herself before he got his hands on her. 
#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Warpath Storm said:
" I would like her more if she wasnt with scott she depends on his love too much that is not emma emma is a strong person by herself "
Screw Matt Fraction. She was fine by herself before he got his hands on her.  "
QFT
#35 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @Warpath Storm said:
QFT "
Morrison (who brought her back) wrote her PERFECTLY as did Kyle and Yost. 
#36 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Warpath Storm said:
QFT "
Morrison (who brought her back) wrote her PERFECTLY as did Kyle and Yost.  "
Whedon's Emma was great too. Morrison's X-Men run was beyond godly.
#37 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Warpath Storm said:
QFT "
Morrison (who brought her back) wrote her PERFECTLY as did Kyle and Yost.  "
Whedon's Emma was great too. Morrison's X-Men run was beyond godly. "
Whedon's everybody was great. Morrison's run was beyond words. Xorneto FTW. ;)
#38 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1529 posts) - - Show Bio

I adore Emma Frost, she's probably my fave X-Gal character, her only rival for that position being X-23.  I'm glad she made the change from Supervillain to Superhero, but kept her bad gal attitude even though she's one of the X-Men now.  As for Jean Grey...Lets face it, her becoming the Phoenix only to die and come back again over and over again was getting old, replacing her with Emma was a good call.

#39 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine said:
" She makes a much better villain. "
100% agree with the above statement and I think that's why a lot of people dislike Emma, I know that's why I dislike her. She was originally a villain, a really great villain might I add. But as is usually the case with the X-Franchise someone had a brilliant idea and said lets have Emma be a good guy... like the constant flip flopping of Magneto now, he's a bad guy, he's a good guy, he's a bad guy, he's a bad guy for the right reasons. What the fu.... hell is that about? Its like taking a character like Red Skull, Joker, or Lex Luthor and changing years of established villainy just to "refresh" the character.

So in conclusion I would prefer Emma to be a villain again, its the character most of us grew up with and its the character most of us grew up enjoying.
#40 Edited by Aqua11500 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:

" @Manchine said:

100% agree with the above statement and I think that's why a lot of people dislike Emma, I know that's why I dislike her. She was originally a villain, a really great villain might I add. But as is usually the case with the X-Franchise someone had a brilliant idea and said lets have Emma be a good guy... like the constant flip flopping of Magneto now, he's a bad guy, he's a good guy, he's a bad guy, he's a bad guy for the right reasons. What the fu.... hell is that about? Its like taking a character like Red Skull, Joker, or Lex Luthor and changing years of established villainy just to "refresh" the character.  So in conclusion I would prefer Emma to be a villain again, its the character most of us grew up with and its the character most of us grew up enjoying. "
^^^^^ 
Amen 

Her character is just annoying now that she is "good",yet she is still rude and snobish as ever.I know she is a fictional character but her as Emma and not White queen makes women look horrible.the way she carries herself annoys me too,and every time someone say "Dahhhling" i cringe. 

then the fact that she   

carries herself  whorish 
is a homewrecker/man stealer 
became headmistress when Xavier left..WTF that position should have went to someone who had been around longer and knew how professor would take care of everything,preferably Beast,Storm,Warren 
#41 Posted by HurricanePanther (286 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm why did you make this thread if you already had your opinions?

#42 Posted by Chesapeake (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Gray lovers living in the past.

#43 Posted by boob (363 posts) - - Show Bio
@HurricanePanther: Because I wanted to give a chance to the people who don't care for her to tell my why. Like I said she is not my top 10, she has moments when I really do wanna grab a baseball bat. But I remember that she is not real. She is just a made up thing. But for some they act like she stold their best friend's man. And when I try to talk to them its like I'm talking to a brick wall. So this thread is for those of them who want to act like adults and state why they don't like her. I want to hear their side, I try to be a fare person but its really hard to when they are just quoting each other. 
#44 Posted by boob (363 posts) - - Show Bio
@FierceYouth said:

I for one am vehemently against Emma. Don't get me wrong, I think she's a very interesting character, and she has a level of depth that I never expected to see in her, but I still despise her. I suppose it's tough to say whether I despise her and Scott or just the writers of New X-Men, but at any rate, she is certainly somewhere in the crossfire of my disdain.  

I can't help but see her as an allegory for America's depreciation for monogamy. Allow me to Kanye:  
 Emma Frost, I'mma let you finish, but Jean Grey and Scott Summers had one of the best romances of all time! OF ALL TIME!  

This is not considered a legitimate form of therapy in most circles. 
Seriously, if during She-Hulk's run on Fantastic Four Reed had been established as having fallen in love with She-Hulk, Sue got lost in the Negative Zone, and Reed had instantly moved on to Jennifer, don't you think people would have been pissed?  (I say Sue got lost in the Negative Zone and not died because everyone knows that Jean is going to come back. It's not even the subject of debate.

Saying that Emma "understands Scott better than Jean did" doesn't really count since the writers only decided that Scott was anything more than a boy scout after he had fallen in love with Emma (which is yet another issue I have with certain writers, but this is about my problems with Emma, not Scott...). I can't help but look at her and say "okay, so this is Marvel's way of saying that it's fine to be promiscuous as long as you have fallen out of love with your wife," or "true love doesn't exist." I get that "true love" is a little too rich for some people's blood, but it's a thematic element in story telling that has fallen to the wayside lately. 

These are my personal grievances with Emma. As for those who hate her because she dresses like a slut, I say that's no reason to hate. That's just jealousy right there. Very few characters can pull off the hyper-slut look, and I've gotta say, if nothing else, she does that very well.   "
Thank you for taking the time to really state your opinion, and not just shouting one liners like most do.  
#45 Posted by Joe_Amazing (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Many of us older X-Men readers still remember Emma as the White Queen of the Hellfire Club.  Of how she captured and tortured several X-Men.  And also, that she is a cunning, manipulative woman who's accustomed to getting what she wants through guile and subterfuge.  Many of her fellow X-Men know this and see her relationship with Scott as just another ploy of hers to acquire more power.  Especially when she quickly jumps ship and joins with Norman Osborn's Dark Reign and leads a team of "X-Men" to be the public face of mutants.  All under the guise of  "protecting the mutant race".

#46 Posted by PumpkinBomb (486 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked her a lot more in Generation X when she had the flirty bangs.

#47 Posted by Agent9149 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

they hate her cause she is beautiful strong courageous and actually worked to get where she was....a true role model :,]

#48 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she's actually a villain and she's essentially replaced the beloved Jean Grey.

#49 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio
@agent9149: Since when did slutty rich kids who torture heroes become role models?
#50 Posted by FierceYouth (32 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @Manchine said:
100% agree with the above statement and I think that's why a lot of people dislike Emma, I know that's why I dislike her. She was originally a villain, a really great villain might I add. But as is usually the case with the X-Franchise someone had a brilliant idea and said lets have Emma be a good guy... like the constant flip flopping of Magneto now, he's a bad guy, he's a good guy, he's a bad guy, he's a bad guy for the right reasons. What the fu.... hell is that about? Its like taking a character like Red Skull, Joker, or Lex Luthor and changing years of established villainy just to "refresh" the character.  So in conclusion I would prefer Emma to be a villain again, its the character most of us grew up with and its the character most of us grew up enjoying. "
While I agree that I tend to prefer Emma as a villainess, your point about Magneto is a bit off-kilter. While you might say that he has some in common with Red Skull (a parallel between White Supremacy and Mutant Supremacy perhaps?), and he certainly has a lot in common with Lex Luthor (a longstanding rivalry with an old foe who used to be a friend and being shown as incredibly successful rulers being only a couple examples of their similarities), but comparing The Joker to Magneto is a stretch at best. And a terrible insult at worst.  

Magneto has always toed the line between good and evil. During the eighties he lead the X-Men for a long run. And all along his goal, his main purpose in everything he has done, has been to better life for Mutants. The reason he is viewed as a villain is because his ideology is closer to that of Malcom X than it is to Martin Luther King Jr. (at least, that's the comparison that creator Stan Lee has frequently used). Ideology dictates that we have to cheer for the "perfect" outcome, for those who want everyone to win, to be happy, and to get along. While Magneto might not be seen as a hero in the public spotlight (certainly, he has committed some heinous crimes in the past), his goals have never been for evil. They have been for the betterment of his race.  

The Joker on the other hand has been an agent of chaos. Of blind, random terror and destruction and violence. While Magneto may lack mercy or grace, he has never been one to kill for fun or sport or killing's sake. He is a man with passion and drive. He, like Emma, is a thoroughly developed character with motivations that have lent themselves to his choice in heroics throughout the years. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.