Who writes her worst? Badly written moments?

#1 Edited by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma is a character you either love or love to hate, but there is no denying Emma has had some of the best darn writing within the last 10 years that has made her one of the most intriguing of the X-Men. She's a flawed, complex character, that can be insecure, caring, vain, callous etc. So you get my point? She's a woman of many dimensions.

In the hands of Morrison, Whedon and currently Gillen, Emma is a cunning, intelligent woman whose wit can crack you like a whip, yet at the same time her flaws and insecurities are present.

The lovely, morally ambiguous Emma Frost can be a brilliantly written character. With "can be" being the operative words.

Often she can be Regina George pre-bus-accident, other times she's just Scott's girlfriend rather than his partner and equal or she could just be the token eye candy.

What I wish to know is whether if there is a writer or perhaps even moments that you don't think she is "Emma Frost" but reduced to something else.

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (37584 posts) - - Show Bio

Going by stuff maybe within the last few years I think it was during the Curse of the Mutants, X-Men volume 3 1-6. Emma was just written as Scott's girlfriend. She was there, made a snappy 1 liner and then stood there like eye candy. Nothing really good and I think she is more vocal of a character. However, in the next arc after, Gischler did focus the arc on Emma and wrote her pretty well IMO. She was her sarcastic, witty b*tchy self but also was able to hold her own like fighting some lizard creatures without powers and eventually went diamond and fought a lizard Gambit, Wolverine and Storm for a few panels by herself before Spider-Man showed up.

So I think Gischler can write her well, nothing that's like extraordinarily amazing, but enough to where he gets the character or he can write her as just eyecandy.

Also, I could go on about Fraction's run but that has been heard so many times on here. However, to give him props he did have a few good Emma and Cyke moments.

#3 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Wood take a shot at her.

#4 Posted by God_Spawn (37584 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Is he the new Adjectiveless X-Men writer?

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

klwje;ltkjql;wkrqwklerj Fraction rage ak;jsldfkj;lskjdf;sakldjf;lsjdkf

#6 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Is he the new Adjectiveless X-Men writer?

Yup.

#7 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18847 posts) - - Show Bio

Do the Writers of that latest X-Men Anime count? From the few episodes I saw it was awful. lol

#8 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

all the time? XD

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37584 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

#10 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Hi babe? Oh good lord....

#11 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Mercy_ said:

Me no likes when they talk like that:\ And Xavier looks like a massive creeper just watching them.

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (37584 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre:

Xavier: I'm gonna telepathically save this later....for myself.

#13 Posted by Inverno (13160 posts) - - Show Bio

When she was having a squeeze with Namor. No reason for that to happen...

#14 Edited by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@oraclefyre:

Xavier: I'm gonna telepathically save this later....for myself.

LMAO! I swear I nearly died reading that!

#15 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction definitely wrote her worse than any other writer that had her on their book.

#16 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I can tell, Fraction's characterization of her is universally despised.

#17 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2775 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:

LMFAO.

I literally thought, before entering this thread "bet someone is going to rage about Fraction".

Oh, DH, how I love thee.
#19 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Abcdefghijklmopqrstuvwxyz= Fraction Rage

#20 Posted by AIice (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Anytime she says "darling" is a bad moment ~

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.