Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6127 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Who Can Telepathically Bypass Emma's Diamond Form?

• 69 results
    Avatar image for fanofsuperheroes
    fanofsuperheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By fanofsuperheroes

@Roddy010: I know Jean is Omega Level, and she is highly intelligent so I'm sorry If I disagree with your interpretation. I don't think Jean would list three individuals if 2 of them were her, that makes no sense. You, Me, and the Phoenix. Wouldn't she just say you and the Phoenix if she were actually only referring to her instead of making her sound like she has multi personalities?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Roddy010

@fanofsuperheroes: The "Phoenix" was all of her telepathic power manifesting itself. That's what she was referring to. She could have just said "You, Me and my power" but "Phoenix" has a better ring to it don't you think?

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@Roddy010 said:

@fanofsuperheroes: The "Phoenix" was all of her telepathic power manifesting itself. That's what she was referring to. She could have just said "You, Me and my power" but "Phoenix" has a better ring to it don't you think?

and she knows that Emma is afraid of the Phoenix, Emma even called her a bully.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By StormyWeather

@Ceddsong: well said, but it has been stated that "experience" has nothing to with raw power, perfect example being Rachel Grey & Emma Frost, AND ud be correct its all up to the writers, the "Science" behind these powers that the characters have is not consistent so really its hard to judge, most would say Jean Grey can scan Emma's mind while in diamond form, but its not fair to say Jean cuz for so many years shes had the aid of the Phoenix Force...even tho she was an Omega Level mutant we'll never know the true extent of her telepathy b/c for one she was/is young still so her telepathy has not developed the way Xavier's is and as i stated shes got the PF so all her abilities r amplified a gazillion times, but based on what I have read Xavier and Emma would be on the same level telepathically, but due to the age difference & level of expereince the two have with their telepathy I'd say Emma can "defend herself" but not necessarily beat Xavier in a full on telepathic brawl, sorry I'm trailing off LOL but I think anyone possessing the PF could detect her while in diamond form, maybe the Cuckoos with more experience seeing as they have everything Emma has, just not the expereince

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@StormyWeather said:

@Ceddsong: well said, but it has been stated that "experience" has nothing to with raw power, perfect example being Rachel Grey & Emma Frost, AND ud be correct its all up to the writers, the "Science" behind these powers that the characters have is not consistent so really its hard to judge, most would say Jean Grey can scan Emma's mind while in diamond form, but its not fair to say Jean cuz for so many years shes had the aid of the Phoenix Force...even tho she was an Omega Level mutant we'll never know the true extent of her telepathy b/c for one she was/is young still so her telepathy has not developed the way Xavier's is and as i stated shes got the PF so all her abilities r amplified a gazillion times, but based on what I have read Xavier and Emma would be on the same level telepathically, but due to the age difference & level of expereince the two have with their telepathy I'd say Emma can "defend herself" but not necessarily beat Xavier in a full on telepathic brawl, sorry I'm trailing off LOL but I think anyone possessing the PF could detect her while in diamond form, maybe the Cuckoos with more experience seeing as they have everything Emma has, just not the expereince

Most would say Jean can do it because she is simply a more powerful telepath. The majority of Jeans career is Phoenix-less except her using the name as an homage to Rachel. Jean herself never directly channeled the Phoenix until she resurrected herself and Wolverine in the Sun. Before the retcon that made Phoenix a force, Jean as Phoenix was just her reaching her ultimate potential so she was always intended to be more powerful than Emma and Xavier by way of mutation, which is why they had her evolve naturally into those power levels when she did bypass Emmas diamond form. During the 90s with no Phoenix to speak of, Xavier had one rival as worlds most powerful telepath and that was Jean Grey, Emma was never mentioned to even be in his league. If Emma was her equal then Jean would have not been able to take over Emmas body. Emma says herself that Jean is the most gifted psychic she has ever encountered.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By doddy

when writers wanna make someone able to bypass it, then s/he can.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By StormyWeather

@doddy: lol exactly

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@doddy said:

That hardly answers the question which asked for a list of telepaths and scans, and so far it's Jean and Xavier which would suggest any telepath more powerful than her can do it.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By doddy

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@doddy said:

That hardly answers the question which asked for a list of telepaths and scans, and so far it's Jean and Xavier which would suggest any telepath more powerful than her can do it.

Okay I’m not trying to argue with you about this but didn’t writers make other telepaths bypass her diamond form BY writing them more powerful than Emma?

I won’t be surprised if Xavier or adult Jean couldn’t do it down the road, even I know they can.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@doddy said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@doddy said:

Okay I’m not trying to argue with you about this but didn’t writers make other telepaths bypass her diamond form BY writing them more powerful than Emma?

I won’t be surprised if Xavier or adult Jean couldn’t do it down the road, even I know they can.

those telepaths were already established as more powerful than her before the diamond form and it's telepathic resistance was introduced, so no they did not write them to be more powerful just to bypass her diamond form.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Curious as to what might happen now since she lost her TP but might possibly gain some upgrade in her diamond form. Maybe she will fully become immune among possible increase in stats.

Or she just stays the same. Just a thought.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By doddy

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@doddy said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@doddy said:

those telepaths were already established as more powerful than her before the diamond form and it's telepathic resistance was introduced, so no they did not write them to be more powerful just to bypass her diamond form.

no, jean grey aside, who’s more powerful between Emma and Professor X depends on who write the story. Emma admitted that Xavier is the most powerful psychic on the planet in Bendis’ HoM, but under Mike Carey’s pen when Xavier said that his mind was strong than hers Emma responded that’s moot. Not to mention the omega-level telepathy thing. Their powers fluctuate.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@doddy said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@doddy said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@doddy said:

no, jean grey aside, who’s more powerful between Emma and Professor X depends on who write the story. Emma admitted that Xavier is the most powerful psychic on the planet in Bendis’ HoM, but under Mike Carey’s pen when Xavier said that his mind was strong than hers Emma responded that’s moot. Not to mention the omega-level telepathy thing. Their powers fluctuate.

That doesn't mean that he was not right about being stronger or she would have been written to do something to prove he wasn't, if she is implying something is debatable then why not put her money where her mouth is? Because she is arrogant and it is within her character to say things like that, the only time she was his better even in the early days when she was in the Hell Fire club was through prep and sneak attacks. That omega level telepathy thing has nothing to do with their power, only their mastery of telepathy, they are omega class telepaths because of their skill, he is still more powerful than her. For example when Emmas dark side it released it is Perfection a threat to a single group of Xmen, when Xaviers dark side is released there were two beings one became Entity (from the first time this happened from contact with Lilandra), this dark side took down the Xmen and then found it's way into the microverse and took over worlds and then Onslaught and we know what he did, Xavier is more powerful and it really shouldn't be up for debate at this point. Xaviers genome fully expressed is what gave Nova all the powers she had, and is why Entity displayed telekinesis and matter manipulation, powers beyond Emma, even if we take into account her so called tk potential it was only enough to levitate a few objects. She was only looking so powerful in the last few years because Marvel either killed off, depowered or sent all other telepaths above her into space.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By doddy

@LordOfAllHumans:

I said the omega-level telepathy thing to indicate that their power varied sometimes. Who knows what the omega-level telepathy was before? And after Fraction left, has any writer mentioned it yet?

And no, Emma didn’t “put her money where her mouth is” simply because they didn’t need to fight against each other in that issue.

She’s too arrogant to say that she’s weaker than Xavier her, but she admitted before that he’s the most powerful psychic – powerful than her. See, inconsistency appears, just like her telepathic immunity has been portrayed inconsistently; her telepathic power has varied depending on different writers too.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@doddy said:

@LordOfAllHumans:

I said the omega-level telepathy thing to indicate that their power varied sometimes. Who knows what the omega-level telepathy was before? And after Fraction left, has any writer mentioned it yet?

And no, Emma didn’t “put her money where her mouth is” simply because they didn’t need to fight against each other in that issue.

She’s too arrogant to say that she’s weaker than Xavier her, but she admitted before that he’s the most powerful psychic – powerful than her. See, inconsistency appears, just like her telepathic immunity has been portrayed inconsistently; her telepathic power has varied depending on different writers too.

And I explained to you it has nothing to do with power and is not the same as calling a person an omega level mutant which is about power and potential. Omega class telepaths are telepaths that have mastered the craft, before the term never existed.

I don't get how her saying a point is moot as part of her arrogance (the same arrogance that wouldn't allow her to tell Jean she was the most gifted psychic she had ever encountered) shows inconsistency in their powers only inconsistency in her character. Her diamond forms resistance to telepathy has been consistent, telepaths more powerful than her have consistently bypassed it. Jean was able to bypass it during it's first manifestation and consistently did it two more times when she engaged her telepathically. If there was even on instance of Xavier saying he couldn't engage her due to the diamond form then we could end this, but the fact remains when she was stuck in it, he got through it so that Scott could enter her mind, this would suggest being more powerful than her is the way to get through it since Jean is more powerful than her and she did it 3 times.

Her telepathic powers varied simply because she was the most powerful telepath on Earth, due to there not being any others worth mentionind, Jean was dead, Xavier was depowered or in space, Rachel was in space and Psylockes powers were altered. Xavier once repowered, came back supposedly more powerful than ever, so are we to believe that before then she was more powerful and an increase in power finally made him equal with her, even though he was consistently for decades, known as the most powerful telepath on Earth?

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By doddy

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@doddy said:

@LordOfAllHumans:

And I explained to you it has nothing to do with power and is not the same as calling a person an omega level mutant which is about power and potential. Omega class telepaths are telepaths that have mastered the craft, before the term never existed.

I don't get how her saying a point is moot as part of her arrogance (the same arrogance that wouldn't allow her to tell Jean she was the most gifted psychic she had ever encountered) shows inconsistency in their powers only inconsistency in her character. Her diamond forms resistance to telepathy has been consistent, telepaths more powerful than her have consistently bypassed it. Jean was able to bypass it during it's first manifestation and consistently did it two more times when she engaged her telepathically. If there was even on instance of Xavier saying he couldn't engage her due to the diamond form then we could end this, but the fact remains when she was stuck in it, he got through it so that Scott could enter her mind, this would suggest being more powerful than her is the way to get through it since Jean is more powerful than her and she did it 3 times.

Her telepathic powers varied simply because she was the most powerful telepath on Earth, due to there not being any others worth mentionind, Jean was dead, Xavier was depowered or in space, Rachel was in space and Psylockes powers were altered. Xavier once repowered, came back supposedly more powerful than ever, so are we to believe that before then she was more powerful and an increase in power finally made him equal with her, even though he was consistently for decades, known as the most powerful telepath on Earth?

Then? Anyone mention the omega-level again? Nope. Writers created what his plot needed even it’s inconsistent with previous stories. And no, her diamond forms resistance to telepathy has been inconsistent. Jean grey with the Phoenix Force can do it easily, and Xavier was able to read her mind when she’s in her diamond form only under Fraction’s pen.

I of course know that she’s not the most powerful psychic on the planet, but who’s more powerful between her and Xavier has varied depending on different writers. That’s why I said that if jean grey and Xavier can’t bypass it I won’t be surprised.

And lol, you see it as inconsistency in her character? okay… I can’t say that’s wrong, but I personally consider it as the inconsistency in their powers. countless characters powers have been portrayed inconsistently. We can pick the choice we love to believe.

MarvelBible803

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People like The scarlet witch, Jean grey, Proffessor X, miss Martian and Zatanna could very easily bypass Emma’s diamond form telepathic resistance.

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
    PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Possibly Xavier, Jean and maybe Besty's psychic weapons specifically her knife

whitequeen666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean can do it, and Xavier did it once but Emma also wanted him to get inside her head when that happened, so the one instance with him could also be her trying to intentionally lower her own telepathic resistance. Betsy and other weaker telepaths than Emma cannot do this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.