Where is she?

#1 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, maybe I missed something, but I just noticed something I didn't before. In AvX 12 that she was on a wanted poster. Why? I get the event is fractured and all but somethings have at least had SOME connections across writers and issues.

In AvX 12, we get Emma labeled as a renegade.

Yet, in New Avengers 30 she was already arrested and this issue happened a few weeks prior to AvX 12.

So I'm asking if I missed something and have they mentioned anything on her whereabouts? Any interviews, formsprings, twitters etc? I'm sure we will find out in consequences and maybe I'm just nitpicking but I'm curious as to if I missed something.

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose Marvel was spoiling things through their tie ins again, otherwise I have no idea what they are going for with that. She could have broken out, but I doubt it.

#3 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she escaped...

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

Maybe she escaped...

It reminds me of when Bendis completely spoiled Fear Itself by having the Avengers talk about it after it had already taken place.

#5 Posted by Darkmount1 (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she took a wrong turn at Albuquerque...

#7 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

If Emma was possessed by the Phoenix, then why would she be arrested? If she was possessed she can't be held accountable for what the Phoenix did in her body (otherwise jean grey would have been serving life for all the damage she did as Dark Phoenix, right?).

#8 Posted by Daycrawler (547 posts) - - Show Bio

The story is clearly set in the aftermath of AvX 12, where the New Avengers have (off-panel) captured her.

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinestro2828: Because the Avengers still hold them responsible anyway.

#10 Posted by nyx (114 posts) - - Show Bio

It's bad story telling. Because if they arrested the Phoenix Five plus Magneto (who was their ally against the Phoenix Five, so no good deed goes unpunished, right?), there's quite a few people from the Avengers they need throw in the jail with the former Phoenix Five plus Magneto.

#11 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I honestly think writers just haven't been keeping one another in the loop. Best case scenario Emma some how escaped and is now on the run with Magik, Magneto and Colossus. Let's hope they all get together and free Cyke some how now!

#12 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Yeah, I honestly think writers just haven't been keeping one another in the loop. Best case scenario Emma some how escaped and is now on the run with Magik, Magneto and Colossus. Let's hope they all get together and free Cyke some how now!

Yeah, I really hope to see a book involving Emma, Magik and Magneto trying to free Cyclops.

#13 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Daycrawler said:

The story is clearly set in the aftermath of AvX 12, where the New Avengers have (off-panel) captured her.

I don't know that they captured her in so much that they scooped her up off the ground from where she fell when Cyclops took her phoenix power.
#14 Posted by Daycrawler (547 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex said:

@Daycrawler said:

I don't know that they captured her in so much that they scooped her up off the ground from where she fell when Cyclops took her phoenix power.

Hah! Very true!

#15 Posted by kamionero (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Yeah, I really hope to see a book involving Emma, Magik and Magneto trying to free Cyclops.

Now THAT would be a Dark X-men worth reading.

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

It's confirmed, she is locked up.

#17 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@kamionero said:

@Veitha said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Now THAT would be a Dark X-men worth reading.

Lol, I'm writing a fan fiction about this called Dark X-Men in the fan fiction forum :)

#18 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: That sounds like fun! I'll definitely need to take a look at it!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.