What's up with Kaare Andrews' rendition of Emma?

#1 Posted by strangeling (180 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw this image for Astonishing X-Men. 
My first thought was Storm looks pretty cool... then OH MY GOD WHAT'S WRONG WITH EMMA FROST?! 

Didn't Kaare Andrews do those covers for Hulk a while back?  Those were pretty good.  I'm not sure how I feel about him doing an actual book.
#2 Posted by extrememage (184 posts) - - Show Bio

lol 
he gave emma a little junk in the trunk
#3 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@extrememage: lol
#4 Edited by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks like a puerto rican hoochie mama and does cyclops have to where that condom with a simple t-shirt?

#5 Posted by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen this image a few times now so I'll come out and say it. Except Beast, I hate it. It is awful.

#6 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrible.  Armor looks soo butch here, Storm has MAHOOSIVE hips,  Scott looks like he's ate a fews pies recently ... & Emma looks trashy,  not even in the good way either.

#7 Posted by IrishX (2354 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" ... & Emma looks trashy,  not even in the good way either."

LOL
#8 Posted by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio

The new art for Astonishing looks great! A new style is always welcome, the same old traced art gets boring after a while. 

Hopefully he can keep it up for the interior art as well.

#9 Posted by Explosive (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Did emma mutate again?

#10 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

that just doesn't look like Emma, all the others look ok maybe beast looks a little strange, come on really how can they think that loks like Emma??

#11 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm would look good with slightly smaller hip and not a mohawk 

Wolverine looks good 

this is the frist beast rendition that i actually like 

I thought armor looked good 

emma looks absolutely terrible
#12 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@Explosive said:
" Did emma mutate again? "
Yeah, kinda looks like a tertiary mutation this time, adding that junk in the trunk
#13 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@123422: LOL.
#14 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy: LMAO
#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I was more distracted by Storm's underboob. What's up with that? I still don't understand Armor on the team. Why her? Why not more than her? I dunno I guess I prefer teams with 7 members. Why not toss another kid on there to learn from the adults.

#17 Edited by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:

" I was more distracted by Storm's underboob. What's up with that? I still don't understand Armor on the team. Why her? Why not more than her? I dunno I guess I prefer teams with 7 members. Why not toss another kid on there to learn from the adults. "

The rest is covered? LOL

Is it just me or does the second scan show Emma Frost's "front" burning?
#18 Edited by solefyre (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@iLLituracy: ROFLMMAO!!!!

You know, when I first saw Emma on this pic, I couldn't help but remember the booty butt cheeks on the South Side Hookers. 

That's hooker booty.  That's booty that gets USED on a regular basis.  I'm sorry, but that's what they drew on Emma, and that's just wrong.  

It just don't look right.  Not at all. Emma should not have used-up hooker booty.  (Jeez, I hope I don't get in trouble for writing this.)

#19 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@solefyre said:
"  @iLLituracy: ROFLMMAO!!!!

You know, when I first saw Emma on this pic, I couldn't help but remember the booty butt cheeks on the South Side Hookers. 

That's hooker booty.  That's booty that gets USED on a regular basis.  I'm sorry, but that's what they drew on Emma, and that's just wrong.    It just don't look right.  Not at all. Emma should not have used-up hooker booty.  (Jeez, I hope I don't get in trouble for writing this.)   "
LOL. 
#20 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

lovely lady lumps?

#21 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: Well, sometimes things can be too big. LOL. 
#22 Edited by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio

@nikbackm:

I like all the art on that except for Emma, and as a hugee Emma fan it's possible that it's gonna keep me from reading the book. possible, but not likely.

#23 Posted by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@nikbackm: LOL. Is Logan happy there?
#25 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: thats scott lol
#26 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89: Oh, LOL. Then Scott must be a happy boy.       * ahem*
#27 Posted by Erik (32231 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Emma. 

#28 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: llol
#29 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

I really thought that this art would grow on me but it really hasnt.  Why cant they just continue with the regular astonishing x-men

#30 Posted by Erik (32231 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @erik: llol "
She is rockin' that ba-donka-donk.
#31 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: HA HA HA HA   True that. I wonder if that luxury of hers was utilized in her earlier years, like with the Hellfire Club.  LMAO.
#32 Posted by KattVonNoir (250 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I must be the only one who like it? I love storms look yay for the mohawk! Scott with the hat/ if he was wearing the black outfit, but had some hair showing would actually look pretty cool, Beast looks cool, and wolverine...looks kinda hot and I really dislike him, Armor I don't care enough about to say, And as for Emma( I am a huuuge Emma fan...I will read/watch anything she is in) I actually kinda like it! Yeah the style is different and she looks awkward, but there are things in the design that I am really liking! I will be happy with her as long as she never looks like this ever again. 

#33 Posted by KattVonNoir (250 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC:
oh and PS. There is no underboob being shown. Part of her shirt is white and part of it is black.
#34 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O holy crap she has a huge ass....

#35 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" O_O holy crap she has a huge ass.... "
lol
#36 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" O_O holy crap she has a huge ass.... "
Where do you think all that dessert is going?
#37 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@Speedy92286: Maybe she exercises. LOL.  
#38 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Speedy92286: Maybe she exercises. LOL.   "
Besides the obvious physical activity with Scott, I doubt it.
#39 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
Possibly. 
#40 Posted by Erik (32231 posts) - - Show Bio
@KattVonNoir:  
I actually like it as well. 
#41 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: 

I'm not saying I don't like it, but her waist to hip ratio looks weird. Besides that, hour glass bodies for the win!
#42 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually love Emma's look,
she looks fabulous. (:

#43 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, but I thought it was kinda supposed to be parodying the over-done physiques of females in comics.

#44 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Its getting better in issue 2 but its just a little off still.

#45 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pheonix of the white throne:   The art is slightly better in the interiors
#46 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pheonix of the white throne:   lol they dont get any smaller inside though so good luck to the african mercs.
#47 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pheonix of the white throne:   lmao, surprisingly she hasn't used her diamond form in either of these issues.
#48 Posted by Ceddsong (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Emma's new look. She looks like an over the top femme fatale meets blonde bombshell. Emma's look combined with her Astonishing characterization is very refreshing. I'm soooooo over Matt Fraction's crap dialogue and Emma caracterization. Someone tell me when did excessive words denote educated. I'm digressing. Love Astonishing Emma.

#49 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever I see the art for this comic, I keep thinking how much I love Storm's look. Mohawks are always badass and Storm pulls her's off very well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.