What Would Be Your Reaction If She Died?

• 98 results
#1 Posted by Lea_Drago (310 posts) - - Show Bio

I've had a terrible feeling in my stomach the past couple of weeks about the fate of Emma Frost during/at the end of AvX.

What'd be your reaction if she died?

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24689 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not like she'd be dead forever

#3 Edited by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone has a terrible feeling in the pit of their stomach for Emma dying. Honestly, I don't find her a prime candidate anymore.

But regardless, I think it would suck if they killed her or split up Scott. I've said it in dozens of threads prior to this that given Marvel's track record on soliciting and pushing certain story angles, the opposite generally happens. IE all the instances with Namor for example or a possibility of Jean returning and so on. But at this point Emma has been pushed to a side character for too long that against her more recent showings of importance like in UXM and AvX, it wouldn't be so devastating since we've all been treated to her getting pushed back quite a bit for awhile. AvX has the possibility to split them up or kill her.

#4 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Its not like she'd be dead forever

this, is the comic world right now

---------------------------

but would be a little of meh with a little of yay

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

If she dies it will be better than the fate she could have as the new Dark Pheonix. I'm hoping miss Frost lives, but I do not think Marvel has good intentions for her...

#6 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

she wouldn't die and even if she did, she'll come back to life . Marvel knows she's the one of the most popular x-men.

#7 Posted by Cap10nate (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

Joy . . . especially if she takes Cyclops with her.

#8 Posted by Duchess (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be glad, if living meant she'd continue to be written the way she has been lately. Under normal circumstances I'd be unhappy with it.

#9 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be between "I don't care" and "cool".

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

slight anger for a couple of minutes

#11 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd cry

#12 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be upset. Especially ending a character with the way that she's been written lately. If they're going to kill off a character then kill of a character who has been focused on mainly and would have a death that somewhat matters. Emma's been on the sidelines for too long, and I dislike her being Scotts little sidekick these days. If anything she should just go rogue and be on her own for awhile after the Phoenix is destroyed (if the phoenix gets destroyed that is). But yes, I'd be upset, but lets hope she doesn't get killed off and they actually make something of her character.

#13 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

haha bitch. That would be my reaction lol

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey: Watch the language.

#15 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty said:

I'd be between "I don't care" and "cool".

#16 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

slight anger for a couple of minutes

#17 Posted by The Stegman (25971 posts) - - Show Bio
I'd be extremely overjoyed.
#18 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome aboard the when is she coming back boat take a seat behind the jean grey fans yes right there beside the wasp fans.

#19 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53: haha

#20 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

Exuberant

#21 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

She'd be resurrected within the next few issues.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

She'd be resurrected within the next few issues.

Like Thor and Fear Itself?

#23 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: EXACTLY

#24 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

Or she could stay dead for a couple years like Kurt or be gone for half a decade like Piotr. That would blow.

#25 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't care either way. Never really got into the character.

#26 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

I too have been worried over Emma's fate in Avengers vs X-men. She hasn't been in any promotional material for Marvel Now! and it's becoming more and more likely that one/some of the Phoenix 5 won't survive to see its end. It's a shame, Emma is one of my favourite characters. The Jean/Emma/Scott love triangle will seem kind of pointless if they kill her off.

#27 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be p!ssed

#28 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

Exuberant

#29 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Posted by Darkmount1 (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

"Okay, mac, that's one more to the list. We done?"

"Yeah, but just to be on the safe side, we'd better keep some of these blank spaces open. You never know who pops up next."

#31 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

F@#$ you AVX.

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic book deaths are really pissing me off. Make the death meaningful or for a purpose instead of the irritating sales stunt it always ends up being.

(Not saying Emma should die)

#33 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lea_Drago said:

I've had a terrible feeling in my stomach the past couple of weeks about the fate of Emma Frost during/at the end of AvX.

I don't feel like she's been utilized enough (though her role in the Dark Reign/Utopia storyline was awesome). I would be mildly disappointed, but not as much as I would if Cyclops died. If I had my way, Wolverine would be the one to die at the end of AvX because I want to see what Marvel will do without the ability to run five Wolverine books at once. I'd like to see what they'd do to compensate such a massive absence.

#34 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7984 posts) - - Show Bio

kewl

#35 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@cuddles666 said:

@Lea_Drago said:

I don't feel like she's been utilized enough (though her role in the Dark Reign/Utopia storyline was awesome). I would be mildly disappointed, but not as much as I would if Cyclops died. If I had my way, Wolverine would be the one to die at the end of AvX because I want to see what Marvel will do without the ability to run five Wolverine books at once. I'd like to see what they'd do to compensate such a massive absence.

I agree with this and not because I hate Wolverine, but because it might allow Marvel to tell more stories with other characters without having Wolverine be involved in everything.
#36 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

well i hate how her character suck always being behind cyclops sooo i would hope she dont die but go away from cyclops to be the cold hearted bitch we all love

#37 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcano_19 said:

well i hate how her character suck always being behind cyclops sooo i would hope she dont die but go away from cyclops to be the cold hearted bitch we all love

How about no? How about both share the partnership and spotlight equally like they used cause more people love that?

#38 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcano_19 said:

ditto

#39 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedQueen said:

I too have been worried over Emma's fate in Avengers vs X-men. She hasn't been in any promotional material for Marvel Now! and it's becoming more and more likely that one/some of the Phoenix 5 won't survive to see its end. It's a shame, Emma is one of my favourite characters. The Jean/Emma/Scott love triangle will seem kind of pointless if they kill her off.

That love triangle was destroyed the second the PF was seperated to give way for the P5.

#40 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

"Another one bites the dust..."

#41 Posted by SC (13348 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of swearing and bizarre silent screaming whilst contorting around against a wall, followed by finding the writer that did it and painting their car, lawn and family members with white paint then being sent to a mental asylum where I will demand to the other inmates that they call me the white queen. 

#42 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@RedQueen said:

That love triangle was destroyed the second the PF was seperated to give way for the P5.

Yeah, but the history of the love triangle (bare with me)... as in the amount of pages that it took up developing it, would amount to nothing. It is no longer relevant, but it would be reasonable to assume that Scott/Emma would be around for a while to justify it being used in the first place.

#43 Edited by Sinestro2828 (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be upset because I think she's one of the best characters on the X-Men team, and ALOT more interesting than that Mary Sue Jean Grey (no offense, its just...Jean was always either overpowered or underpowered & kept dying and coming back and...I was just relieved when they let her rest in peace for good FINALLY & gave Emma her spot on the team). Emma and Cyclops make a fun couple because of how different they are in their approaches and opinions yet still care for & respect each other.

So yeah, I don't want to see Emma fall into the same cycle of death and rebirth Jean did, nor do i wish to see her die. I hope they're able to remove the phoenix force from her so she can return to normal and continue to be the sexy yet KICKASS headmistress of the X-Men :D

#44 Posted by Haaydrian (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Load a gun.

#45 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinestro2828 said:

I'd be upset because I think she's one of the best characters on the X-Men team, and ALOT more interesting than that Mary Sue Jean Grey (no offense, its just...Jean was always either overpowered or underpowered & kept dying and coming back and...I was just relieved when they let her rest in peace for good FINALLY & gave Emma her spot on the team). Emma and Cyclops make a fun couple because of how different they are in their approaches and opinions yet still care for & respect each other.

So yeah, I don't want to see Emma fall into the same cycle of death and rebirth Jean did, nor do i wish to see her die. I hope they're able to remove the phoenix force from her so she can return to normal and continue to be the sexy yet KICKASS headmistress of the X-Men :D

You win the GS seal of approval.

#46 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad. Some throwing things around the room might be involved. But then again I've been mourning for the Emma I once knew, when writers gave her consistent characterisation. So I guess her death would be like closure or something.

#47 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

A birdy whispered spoilers for the next issue in my ear. Bad girl, Emma.

#48 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

What will happen in the next issue?
#49 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Rickbarry said:

It comes out tomorrow. The forums will be buzzing with everything.

#50 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Rickbarry said:

It comes out tomorrow. The forums will be buzzing with everything.

Oh yeah, I will definitely get a lot of emails about this!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.