What if asto. x-men(spoilers inside)

#1 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Im just going to come out and say it i hated it and i cant beilive i waited a long time for it to come out....who ever else read it please tell me what you thought and how you felt about it...in my opion i hated it because emma should have never died they could have went some other way about this come on no one ever ripped jeans heart from her body when she became phoenix and i know cassandra was controlling emma but um they could have went some other way about it worst thing i ever read
#2 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. The writers soiled emmas character in that story.

#3 Posted by Ryonslaught (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

it was another ode to fans of the sacred cow called "Jean"
 
utter garbage.......

#4 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

k, so let me get this straight. in Astonishing x-men, someone rips out Emmas heart because she is attached to the phoenix force?
#5 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
 
@DEGRAAF
said:
"k, so let me get this straight. in Astonishing x-men, someone rips out Emmas heart because she is attached to the phoenix force? "

as you can clearly see kitty ripping emma heart out how come this nerver happened to jean i mean she became phoenix and tried destroying the world how many time?? 
no one ever ripped her heart out  
i will never read anything but uncanny again!!!
#6 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1 said:
"I agree. The writers soiled emmas character in that story. "

yes he did im glad someone feels the same and i dought emma would ever harm the stepford c. as shown in the story!!
#7 Posted by Son Of Storm (11251 posts) - - Show Bio
Can't she come back. I mean she IS the phoenix. Ripping her heart out isn't anything that should put her down.
#8 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

you know it was a What If? story right?
thats a story that whatever odd writer tells that shows how things 
" could have " happened. it wasnt an actual issue of Astonishing and
it wasnt by the people who write AXM either.
the events showed in that book never took place.

#9 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE:
i know lol some people are going crazy over it, whats the point lol. 
this wh\t if took place during the first arc of astonishing saying what if jean came back dont people understand that? 
#10 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
"you know it was a What If? story right? thats a story that whatever odd writer tells that shows how things  " could have " happened. it wasnt an actual issue of Astonishing and it wasnt by the people who write AXM either. the events showed in that book never took place. "

I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT IM JUST SAYING 
THAT WHAT IF STORY COULD HAVE TURNED OUT BETTER 
AND EVERYTHING WAS WAS BACKWARDS EMMA WOULD NEVER WHAT SO 
EVER HARM THE STEPFORD C.
#11 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Foreverbbyily said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
"you know it was a What If? story right? thats a story that whatever odd writer tells that shows how things  " could have " happened. it wasnt an actual issue of Astonishing and it wasnt by the people who write AXM either. the events showed in that book never took place. "
I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT IM JUST SAYING THAT WHAT IF STORY COULD HAVE TURNED OUT BETTER AND EVERYTHING WAS WAS BACKWARDS EMMA WOULD NEVER WHAT SO EVER HARM THE STEPFORD C. "
Didn't one of them tried to kill her? ;P
#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24087 posts) - - Show Bio

its a what if it doesnt really count so i dont see the problem

Online
#13 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" its a what if it doesnt really count so i dont see the problem "
#14 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix said:
" @Foreverbbyily said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
"you know it was a What If? story right? thats a story that whatever odd writer tells that shows how things  " could have " happened. it wasnt an actual issue of Astonishing and it wasnt by the people who write AXM either. the events showed in that book never took place. "
I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT IM JUST SAYING THAT WHAT IF STORY COULD HAVE TURNED OUT BETTER AND EVERYTHING WAS WAS BACKWARDS EMMA WOULD NEVER WHAT SO EVER HARM THE STEPFORD C. "
Didn't one of them tried to kill her? ;P "

that doesnt mean anything emma wouldnt harm them 
;P
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Foreverbbyily said:
" @Charmix said:
" @Foreverbbyily said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
"you know it was a What If? story right? thats a story that whatever odd writer tells that shows how things  " could have " happened. it wasnt an actual issue of Astonishing and it wasnt by the people who write AXM either. the events showed in that book never took place. "
I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT IM JUST SAYING THAT WHAT IF STORY COULD HAVE TURNED OUT BETTER AND EVERYTHING WAS WAS BACKWARDS EMMA WOULD NEVER WHAT SO EVER HARM THE STEPFORD C. "
Didn't one of them tried to kill her? ;P "
that doesnt mean anything emma wouldnt harm them ;P "
Sorry for being picky, but that's a double-negative.  You're actually insinuating that Emma would harm them.  But I know what you mean; even though a cuckoo tried to kill Emma, it doesn't mean she would try to kill them. 
 
However, that's the problem with What If comics.  They're always badly written.  The writers are given the freedom to do anything, whether it fits in with how a character would behave in regular Earth-616 continuity.  So you usually end up with nonsense stories, with characters behaving weirdly... and with a huge body count by the end of the story.  That's why I don't bother with 'What If...?' any more. 
Moderator
#16 Posted by Journey Into Chaos (313 posts) - - Show Bio

am I the only one happy that Kitty yanked out Emma's heart?
#17 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Journey Into Chaos:
yes you are (on this  board at least)
#18 Edited by logansgirl (140 posts) - - Show Bio

The artwork of Kitty ripping out Emmas heart was cool looking but the concept was B.S. 
I know it was said before on this thread that nothing like that ever happened to lame a** Jean Grey when she was the Phoenix.  
Why do so many worship her? She is dull, whiney, faints every 2 seconds. Constantly taunted Wolverine .Treated Scott like crap. 
OMG I could do this all day! 
I realize this was a What if?, and I know that Kitty can't stand Emma so her being the one to rip out her heart was not so far fetched. 
But when Emma said to them basically that Jean needed to go because she had killed everyone before, no one wanted to hear it. But as soon as it was her she was the Phoenix  
it was like they couldn't wait to kill her off. I guess some characters gotta take all the crap.

#19 Edited by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sabbatha: 
Don't take it so hard. This is just a sop to the fans as Emma will still be here after Second Coming while Jean will not. 
 
I think I actually preferred her death at the hands of Kitty compared to the one at Ultron's in the other story.
#20 Posted by smilebbyily (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sabbatha:
i know totaly pathetic thank god it was a what if  
but it was cool seeing emma as phoenix even 
thow i think they could have did a better job no one has ever 
ripped jeans heart 
out of her body 
and how many times has she became phoenix and almost 
destroyed everyone? 
this comic was pathetic and i wont  
pick another what if up 
again....
#21 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@smilebbyily:
and your not foreverbbyily are you... (sarcasm) 
 
I thought you werent going to come back here??
#22 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#23 Posted by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
@Journey Into Chaos said:
" am I the only one happy that Kitty yanked out Emma's heart? "
you are not alone
#24 Posted by Journey Into Chaos (313 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89:
darn. but i have to admit i was sad when Kitty died after all that.
#25 Posted by Journey Into Chaos (313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream:
XD good to know
#26 Posted by Psylocke1902 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

It is natural that Kitty yank Emma heart not Jean, since we all know how much Kitty loathe Emma back in the day

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.