What future story-lines would you like to see about Emma?

#1 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive got a few stories i would like to see resolved

i would like to see the return of Astrid Bloom 
Is Christian Frost still alive or has he topped himself in the mental institute, and does emma still contact him?
Where the hell is Cordelia? 
Maybe bring Ruby summers into the mix (make emma pregnant) 

I dont really want a massively action packed story involving emma i would prefer her story to be more character based, and to show non fans of hers what kind of character she is.   

#2 Posted by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to further explore her relationship with Kitty Pryde (no, not that kind of relationship!). These two characters have potential to play off each other really well.

The current Uncanny arc seems like a good start. Ideally it would then spin-off to a separate solo-series similar to Batman & Robin. (Not that I expect be so lucky.)

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@nikbackm:  I'm so against Emma getting into verbal sparring matches with Kitty Pryde. Kitty is supposed to be above 18 but below 21, while Emma is... older, there's no reason she needs to be picking fights with the children.
#4 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@nikbackm: @pixelized:  

i think nick means them working together, I think this would be a really good idea maybe them going back to the institute and rebuilding the school.  their relationship is different now than it has been and i think in giant size astonishing x-men they put their past's behind them.  i think it would be pretty cool for them to start working together more
#5 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Christian Frost? He was the only one Emma got along with and truly loved in her family…I’m really looking forward to see her relationship with her old brother after approximately 10 years ago (I’m not sure)…The relationship between Emma and Scott is always working for me, but I was so annoyed when I saw how writers treated Emma in SC…”Emma, get me Namor”, “Emma, call a team together”...except that, Emma did nothing... Do they want to get Emma a new codename as “human- loudhailer” or “the White Quack”? Emma is a wonderful character who deserves far better than a telepath puppet and could do far more things than what she did as Scott’s doll. She is a co-leader of x-men, she has outstanding leadership qualities which could assist—even teach Scott to lead the team…  

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89 said:
" @nikbackm: @pixelized:   i think nick means them working together, I think this would be a really good idea maybe them going back to the institute and rebuilding the school.  their relationship is different now than it has been and i think in giant size astonishing x-men they put their past's behind them.  i think it would be pretty cool for them to start working together more "
Emma blames herself for Katherine's Bullet predicament. They'll be far from chummy, and catty fights would ensue. I'll pass.
#7 Posted by eldestrisk (634 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Cordelia make a return.

#8 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian is in a mental institution, so it would be a touching storyline to have Emma visit him in secret and maybe try and cure him with her telepathic powers? I would also enjoy Astrid appearing, may be as a small villain to remind Emma about her past and what she can not leave behind - As it seems she's forgetting everything that she's been through in the past. Plus, I would actually like for the Kitty/Emma fight to be resolved.

#9 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Her death....  
 =p

Nah not really, I agree with everyone saying More Kitty and Emma stuff.

But i also want more X-23 interaction, She was a real bitch to her during new X-men =/ and Emma really hasn't done anything to make it up to her. Almost seems like she ignores her.

#10 Posted by Raionherustsu (30 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pacperson said:
" Her death....    =p  Nah not really, I agree with everyone saying More Kitty and Emma stuff.  But i also want more X-23 interaction, She was a real bitch to her during new X-men =/ and Emma really hasn't done anything to make it up to her. Almost seems like she ignores her. "
She took care of Kimura (or whatever her name is), didn't she? 
And she and Cyclops discussed Laura in X-23 #1, where Emma basically told Cyclops that putting Laura in X-Force was wrong and that they should stop treating her like a weapon. 
 As for the topic, I'd like to see Christian return as well.
#11 Posted by Chesapeake (2210 posts) - - Show Bio
Ruby
She becomes a mommy.
#12 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raionherustsu: 
Yeah Emma does seem a bit nicer towards Laura now, But all that was when she wasn't around, i want a Face to Face, heart to heart kinda convo =p
#13 Posted by Raionherustsu (30 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pacperson: Ah, I see what you mean now. 
Didn't realize they never had a heart to heart. I agree with this then ;)
#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather see Emma publicly dump Cyclops by defeating him in battle when he finally 'pulls a Magneto'.  His methods have become increasingly suspect and mirror those of the old power-hungry Magneto... so when Scott finally loses it, Emma takes him down and has to help manage the X-Men with someone she doesn't sleep with.

#15 Posted by Edamame (28370 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma should just run off with Shaw.

#16 Posted by fesak (7071 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" I'd rather see Emma publicly dump Cyclops by defeating him in battle when he finally 'pulls a Magneto'.  His methods have become increasingly suspect and mirror those of the old power-hungry Magneto... so when Scott finally loses it, Emma takes him down and has to help manage the X-Men with someone she doesn't sleep with. "
This.

Also she should become a lesbian.
#17 Edited by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

" @nikbackm:  I'm so against Emma getting into verbal sparring matches with Kitty Pryde. Kitty is supposed to be above 18 but below 21, while Emma is... older, there's no reason she needs to be picking fights with the children. "

Yes, Emma is supposed to be more mature, but Kitty is a very foul-mouthed brat that can get under the skin of the best (or at least she should be!).

But no, I did not imagine (or desire) them to have a particularly antagonistic relationship, but some verbal sparring would of course be expected and enjoyable.

@xerox-kitty:
 Just don't get too disappointed if (when) it never happens. Seems more likely to me that it's Magneto who will "do a Magneto" :) The X-office seems to like Cyclops being in charge just fine (maybe too fine).
#18 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@nikbackm said:
"Just don't get too disappointed if (when) it never happens. Seems more likely to me that it's Magneto who will "do a Magneto" :) The X-office seems to like Cyclops being in charge just fine (maybe too fine). "
It wont happen because the main X-Men title is being written by someone who has a ridiculous man-crush on Cyclops.  That's why this is MY answer to the question 'What would I like to see'. 

Emma is a much stronger character without Matt Fraction.  She'd also be a lot more interesting if she wasn't just some cry-baby desperately hanging on to Cyclops' bed sheets.
#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92985 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" I'd rather see Emma publicly dump Cyclops by defeating him in battle when he finally 'pulls a Magneto'.  His methods have become increasingly suspect and mirror those of the old power-hungry Magneto... so when Scott finally loses it, Emma takes him down and has to help manage the X-Men with someone she doesn't sleep with. "
Agreed. 
#20 Posted by Skaddix (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure that would work since I would suspect most X-men would blame Emma for Scott going over to the darkside. Also Emma's power is to intrinsically tied to Scott's.

#21 Posted by kai95 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty is in her twenties and way more mature since her teens but if Emma get a liitle crazy she wont hesitate punching her in the face. (didnt that happen already?)...The two characters won't mind working together because their on the same side but still hate one another from their first impressions. So their story being explored sound good to me

#22 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see her telekinetic capabilities revisited...an explanation was never really ever fully given...when Synch mimiced her powers he was able to use tk and he said that it credited to her vast psychic abilites...

#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92985 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix said:
" I am not sure that would work since I would suspect most X-men would blame Emma for Scott going over to the darkside. Also Emma's power is to intrinsically tied to Scott's. "
Do you mean her power in a figurative sense or her actual mutant capabilities?
#24 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1 said:
" I would like to see her telekinetic capabilities revisited...an explanation was never really ever fully given...when Synch mimiced her powers he was able to use tk and he said that it credited to her vast psychic abilites... "
^^
#25 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

idea 1: soemone sets her up where it LOOKS LIKE shes betraying the X-Men, again...and it gets so heated to the point where folks in the X-Men r ready to kill her but of course in the end she proves herself, but make it a 2 or 3 parter instead of ending it too soon, make it interesting

idea 2: as many of u have said, id like to see more of her siblings pop up again, especially her older sister, evil wench! LOL

#26 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@StormyWeather:   I think that the x-writers could probably combine your two ideas and create a very good character driven story arc for Emma seeing as she hasn't really had that much character exploration since Joss did the torn arc in Astonishing.   I just think that it is very odd that all the mutants are kind of converging on San Francisco but Cordelia and Christian are nowhere to be seen (i know Christian has not been revealed to be a mutant).  If they did delve into her families relationship it would make a welcome change to the usual Hellfire Club stories she is involved in.
#27 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89:  thanks! :-) her brother being a mutant would be interesting, but i mean that be too much like right in my opinion, I mean Emma being a mutant & then her older sister and then Cordelia....they'd have to have inherited those genes right? that would make one or both of their parents mutants as well, or does it skip a generation? im not clear on the genetics of mutants (another subject entirely)

any evolution of Emma would excite me, cuz ive grown to like her as a character, so any direction the writers go in i'll prolly like LOL, i mean good writing is good writing ya kno
#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92985 posts) - - Show Bio

Something where she's actually characterized correctly. 

#29 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see a spin-off of Old Man Logan, involving her from that.

#30 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio

damnit... emma need more interaction with kitty, magneto, her old students such as jubilee or mercury, and other characters who had some prior history with her, not just scott ,scott ,scott , scott ……zzzZZZZZzzzz

#31 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@doddy:   I have to admit that i am getting a little bored with the Emma Frost the human com system in current stories, she needs to have character exploration to keep her interesting, I would even like her to go back to the Massachusetts Academy and start teaching again with the younger students.  
#32 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89:  you are right, emma as a teacher is awesome! but marvel is going to focus on the love triangle of scott/emma/namor in UXM...ugh...man/man/woman triangle again?
#33 Posted by Ice Princess (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Emma reunite with Christian. I would love to see their dynamic. Maybe we'd find out if he had powers too.
Also, i want to see something regarding her slowly slip back to being a villain. I always preferred her that way. Maybe make her deal with the loss of the Hellions (yet again. I can't imagine having them resurrected by Selene was easy for her). Put her at odds with the X-Men again, especially now with all that's she learned about them.
Aside from that ... maybe write her out for a while. I think she's one of those over done characters and needs a break.

#34 Posted by SC (13295 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma being more proactive with the disenfranchised would be very welcome. Assisting Christian. Help him help himself, plus let him see how well she has done for herself, would be great. There are a lot of tender mutants out there, I love Emma the teacher and cynic. Hardening up a few of the students so they are more emotionally stoic would be great. Also having the perspective demonstrating the why and how of Emma's methods would be great too, how people can be so caught up over her negatives whilst at the same time being guilty of horrible generalizations. So could be nice to see how Emma's brand of practicality is actual practical, and how being nice and polite all the time to people you actually don't deserve politeness is actually sort of patronizing and sycophantic.  

I always thought emma would be the type to use her powers in ways that would greatly aid the learning of others that might otherwise not get it that easily. Or say might just benefit at a greater speed than normal, a women's self defense course for example. Take Colossus and Gambit to a Woman's self defense class in San Francisco and telepathically teach them self defense techniques whilst they throw around Remy and Colossus around. That would be a fun story.  

Dreams and nightmares is always good grounds for any character, but should be even more for Emma. Would love to see Astrid Bloom back, her sister, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Cassandra Nova again, etc 

Her separation from Cyclops as well. Friendships with Kitty, Beast, Jean explored! 

#35 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like to see Astrid return and maybe have a character from Emma's past play a larger part in the future arcs instead of just re using previous villains

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.