Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6153 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

What do you want to happen to her?

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By Hawkeye446

Emma has had an interesting past, and at the moment I don't really believe a character of her calibre should be in such a "rut".

What should happen with this character? Leave Cyclops? Join the others at Westchester?

Any ideas for writers or stories you think would be good?

Maybe you wish she got more spotlight in the book she is in? Maybe less?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

I am curious what writers plan on doing with her. She was very fresh when she was in the New X-Men and Astonishing, but now she just lingers around unless Scott is monolouging out load to her in which she offers some witty dialouge. She has gained a loyal fan base so even if the writers take her in a poor direction her fans will remain loyal until someone can fix the issue so I say you explore her options abit.

Leave Scott for Namor? I would enjoy seeing her with someone else. I think she has proved that she know longer needs Scott as a crutch and vice versa.

Leave for Westchester? Ha she would be the most hated person around. Besides they don't have much use for her they have Rachel.

Thats all I got

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'd want her to stay with Scott and the X-Men but as long as she is being written properly there is no reason she can't.

As long as someone like Gillen stays on the books I think she is in a good spot. Ever since he has taken over UXM I think Emma has become more prominent than she was and is being written like her b*tchy self should. She has shown in the series that she can deny Scott's requests and do some awesome things like shut down all the Sinisters while bleeding out from being armless. I think that dynamic is something she needed once again and needed it badly.

Break her and Scott up? No. Scott and Em are my fave couple in Marvel and when written properly are awesome. The problem is there aren't many writers who just "get it". It basically comes down to Morrison, Whedon and Gillen at this point IMO. And I don't want them to split, they are both such good characters when together. Splitting her up to go for someone like Namor who is at best a supporting character nowadays and is a character that would only use Em for sex is even more degrading than her saying 2 speech bubbles and or a witty one liner like how she was previously being written. If she did however leave Cyclops, Emma would easily be better off as a character than Cyclops would. Either way, I don't see them splitting the couple up anytime soon.

She doesn't need to go Winchester nor would that be a good idea except for squabbles with Kitty.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

I like where she is now and hope she stays there for a while longer

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@BlackArmor said:

I like where she is now and hope she stays there for a while longer

Summed up what I said but in a much shorter way. Nicely done, now get out for showing me up.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

@god_spawn:

*backs out the door slowly stops to scream "HA!" then runs away*

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @god_spawn

I'd want her to stay with Scott and the X-Men but as long as she is being written properly there is no reason she can't.

As long as someone like Gillen stays on the books I think she is in a good spot. Ever since he has taken over UXM I think Emma has become more prominent than she was and is being written like her b*tchy self should. She has shown in the series that she can deny Scott's requests and do some awesome things like shut down all the Sinisters while bleeding out from being armless. I think that dynamic is something she needed once again and needed it badly.

Break her and Scott up? No. Scott and Em are my fave couple in Marvel and when written properly are awesome. The problem is there aren't many writers who just "get it". It basically comes down to Morrison, Whedon and Gillen at this point IMO. And I don't want them to split, they are both such good characters when together. Splitting her up to go for someone like Namor who is at best a supporting character nowadays and is a character that would only use Em for sex is even more degrading than her saying 2 speech bubbles and or a witty one liner like how she was previously being written. If she did however leave Cyclops, Emma would easily be better off as a character than Cyclops would. Either way, I don't see them splitting the couple up anytime soon.

She doesn't need to go Winchester nor would that be a good idea except for squabbles with Kitty.

THISSSSSSS
    duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By duchess

I don't want to see Emma break up with Scott, she just needs more purpose or storyline outside of him.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#9  Edited By knighthood

Keep her away from the school.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oraclefyre

I want to see a bit more of the Emma from Grant Morrison's run. With Morrison's run I felt she was unpredictable and I never knew what she would do next. That's what I love about her.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_

@oraclefyre: Have you read Astonishing?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#12  Edited By time1

It's actually kind of funny what's happen to Emma Frost, she only had two good runs on X-Men. Morrison run and Joss Whedon. It's been 9 years right and all Emma Frost has done is lived in Cyclops shadow. They make Namor joint the X-Men to make her more interesting. I wonder what the future holds for her.

@Duchess said:

I don't want to see Emma break up with Scott, she just needs more purpose or storyline outside of him.

You said it. She does need more purpose or storylines away from Scott.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oraclefyre

@Mercy_ said:

@oraclefyre: Have you read Astonishing?

Yep:) Joss did some amazing work with her. I don't know why but I prefer her written by Morrison. Just personal taste I guess.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#14  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Mercy_ said:

@god_spawn

THISSSSSSS

Yep.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

i would like to see her die jk maybe she should try to do something completely evil thats way out of her league just for fun also for it to became physically impossible for her to say the word "darling" that would great lol

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mercy_

@lykopis said:

@Duchess said:

This in a nutshell.

Scott and Emma should remain with each other but please, please, give her more of a purpose outside of their relationship. She deserves panel time that doesn't involve Cyclops (or Namor) or colour commentary.

+1

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lykopis said:

@Duchess said:

This in a nutshell.

Scott and Emma should remain with each other but please, please, give her more of a purpose outside of their relationship. She deserves panel time that doesn't involve Cyclops (or Namor) or colour commentary.

+2 cause I like one upping DH.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

or just die

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oraclefyre

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

or just die

Been there, done that. She filled the obligatory requirement of a resurrection required to be Scott's bed buddy. Emma likely thinks deaths are so passée and should never be done more than once.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@oraclefyre: Oh she already died what comic book was that. Lol and you are right scott likes to sleep with women who come back from the dead or clones

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator

I don't want Emma with Cyclops until all of the X-Men editorial are replaced. Morrison, Whedon, Carey and Gillen can all do good jobs on the two, and Morrison wrote those two in a time when he had some control over how each were represented. Except his success prompted X-Editorial to try replicate where they thought Morrisons ideas would go after he left. They done a really bad job. Emma to me is best as a smart, intellectual, independent, teacher and voice of critical reason. Except that doesn't make for a good cheerleader and ego booster to an unparalleled, weight of the world on my shoulders, badass playa playa. Now a trophy wife can be written snarky, and endearing, and witty, and thus well, but a trophy wife is still a trophy wife. If the plot is bad then even good writing can't save a good character from a bad arrangement. I'm tired of mediocrity and subjective projections and apologist like interpretation readings when certain editors and writers have been quite candid about their agendas with certain characters.  

I'd like to see more depth and complexity with Emma and her fellow X-Woman. You have these amazing female characters, so many of them, stubborn, strong, smart and articulate, but none of them are exactly alike, which means there is going to be a natural clash of egos, and words, but nothing that should ever seem so black and white, and for all their differences, these characters share similarities and so potential for strong and great friendships are there. Emma Frost was recently invoked by many involved with Slut Walk Movements, and Emma is extremely popular with many female comic fans, despite writing and art in comics having a natural disposition towards the male gender. There is validity in the idea that in the future Emma Frost could potentially usurp a character like Wonder Woman as the epitome of female strength, wit and confidence in the eyes of the mainstream with good writing and good stories. 

I'd like the character to bring back the controversy. She was introduced as a controversial character, her career is defined by controversial moments. Grant Morrison used her to bring edge back to the X-Men and to one of its best characters that had fallen into the shadows. With so many ignorant people and groups running around in real life with stronger ignorant opinions and statements, having a smart progressive writer use a smart and witty Emma to make clever and visceral observations and commitments controversy be damned, I could only see as a good thing. Comics are full with hypocritical and dumb characters. Emma should be having a field day with the verbal deconstruction's she could be laying down.                   

I adored her interaction with her brother, and many of the times she has interacted with students. So I would like to see more of that. Emma can be a cold callus, and tough character, and here you can both play that up, as well actually ambiguously hint at the selfless, kinder and nicer reasoning that motivates her sardonic and calculating nature. This can be a tricky road to walk down though, as I have seen some of my favorite writers screw this aspect of Emma up, but down well does a nice job of distinguishing her from the majority of comic book characters who wear their hearts on their sleeves and are frankly dumb, despite whatever ranking system claiming them to be intelligent. Seeing her teach cynical life lessons to family, friends, good guys and bad guys alike is so damn funny as well when done right. Her rants at Ms Marvel, Xavier, Kimura, Mandrill being some of my fav.    

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oraclefyre

@oviouslyjeangrey: Well, it might not even count as a resurrection but in her diamond form she shattered and Beast put her back together and Jean merged the pieces and she was revived in New X-Men.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@oraclefyre: Oh jean is so nice

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@SC: WHAT emma replace Wonder Women WONDER WOMEN wonder freaking women sorry i don't see it lol. Wonder Woman will always be the epitome of female strength, she goes toe to toe with superman Super-MAN need I say more. Emma Frost could never compare to Wonder Woman sorry.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @SC said:
    I don't want Emma with Cyclops until all of the X-Men editorial are replaced. Morrison, Whedon, Carey and Gillen can all do good jobs on the two, and Morrison wrote those two in a time when he had some control over how each were represented. Except his success prompted X-Editorial to try replicate where they thought Morrisons ideas would go after he left. They done a really bad job. Emma to me is best as a smart, intellectual, independent, teacher and voice of critical reason. Except that doesn't make for a good cheerleader and ego booster to an unparalleled, weight of the world on my shoulders, badass playa playa. Now a trophy wife can be written snarky, and endearing, and witty, and thus well, but a trophy wife is still a trophy wife. If the plot is bad then even good writing can't save a good character from a bad arrangement. I'm tired of mediocrity and subjective projections and apologist like interpretation readings when certain editors and writers have been quite candid about their agendas with certain characters.   I'd like to see more depth and complexity with Emma and her fellow X-Woman. You have these amazing female characters, so many of them, stubborn, strong, smart and articulate, but none of them are exactly alike, which means there is going to be a natural clash of egos, and words, but nothing that should ever seem so black and white, and for all their differences, these characters share similarities and so potential for strong and great friendships are there. Emma Frost was recently invoked by many involved with Slut Walk Movements, and Emma is extremely popular with many female comic fans, despite writing and art in comics having a natural disposition towards the male gender. There is validity in the idea that in the future Emma Frost could potentially usurp a character like Wonder Woman as the epitome of female strength, wit and confidence in the eyes of the mainstream with good writing and good stories.  I'd like the character to bring back the controversy. She was introduced as a controversial character, her career is defined by controversial moments. Grant Morrison used her to bring edge back to the X-Men and to one of its best characters that had fallen into the shadows. With so many ignorant people and groups running around in real life with stronger ignorant opinions and statements, having a smart progressive writer use a smart and witty Emma to make clever and visceral observations and commitments controversy be damned, I could only see as a good thing. Comics are full with hypocritical and dumb characters. Emma should be having a field day with the verbal deconstruction's she could be laying down.                    I adored her interaction with her brother, and many of the times she has interacted with students. So I would like to see more of that. Emma can be a cold callus, and tough character, and here you can both play that up, as well actually ambiguously hint at the selfless, kinder and nicer reasoning that motivates her sardonic and calculating nature. This can be a tricky road to walk down though, as I have seen some of my favorite writers screw this aspect of Emma up, but down well does a nice job of distinguishing her from the majority of comic book characters who wear their hearts on their sleeves and are frankly dumb, despite whatever ranking system claiming them to be intelligent. Seeing her teach cynical life lessons to family, friends, good guys and bad guys alike is so damn funny as well when done right. Her rants at Ms Marvel, Xavier, Kimura, Mandrill being some of my fav.    
    Everything you said here is exactly what I want to see happen to Emma! I also want to see Emma stand out more than just a character who insults other people.  I want to see her as a strong character who is able to handle herself in many situations.
    oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By oraclefyre

I really don't like writer's who just don't "get" her. Fraction turned her into a trophy wife and she resembled Jean in a lot of ways. Morrison, Whedon and Gillen seems to be doing a fine job, are the people who I trust with her. Otherwise she can sound like a teenager having a b1tch fit, and not like the cool Regina George kind.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@oraclefyre said:

I really don't like writer's who just don't "get" her. Fraction turned her into a trophy wife and she resembled Jean in a lot of ways. Morrison, Whedon and Gillen seems to be doing a fine job, are the people who I trust with her. Otherwise she can sound like a teenager having a b1tch fit, and not like the cool Regina George kind.

It's kind of the same thing with Cyclops for awhile. We just haven't gotten many writers that get the characters individually, let alone them together. Agreed on those 3 that get her.

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By ExtraLarge

I definitlely think she should stay with Scott until Jean comes back so that he will have to choose which one to be with. In the meantime, they should use her more with the young mutants, what with her educational background and all. Eventually, I would like to see her turn bad again, only because there are so many X-Men and not enough quality villians.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Skaddix

How is Emma going to replace wonder woman? Emma slept her way to the top in both the HFC and the X-men. Hardly a great role model.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the character as well as Cyclops', but she's always struck me as being stronger when she is independent and pursuing her own goals.

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would just like to see Emma in jail never to be seen again

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She should join the helfire club with her brother, one of her daughters(other 2 will be split up between Cyclops and Wolverine) and living diamond... Then she should find out that she is having ruby summers, when she is in diamond form and her brother sees a red spot in her belly... The white queen will have a warrior red princess...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@anjuwayo: This sounds like an awful fan fic.

Also I think Christian Frost is dead.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 god_spawn  Moderator

@squares: I thought they institutionalized him and kind of left the rest ambiguous? Unless I'm forgetting something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Yeah, that's probably right. I thought I remembered reading that he had a drug problem and OD'd at some point, but it's been so long since I read anything involving him that I'm not sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I kind of hate the phrasing of this thread's title- it should be 'what do you want to have happen with her', not to.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Also, I kind of hate the phrasing of this thread's title- it should be 'what do you want to have happen with her', not to.

Are you a glammar teacher?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I don't even know what a glammar is.

Unless you're talking about glamour, in which case I don't even know how to do one of those, being an ordinary human being and all.

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new writer would be on top of my list.

DADDY_XERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jcg79 said:

A new writer would be on top of my list.

^^this

and to get back with cyke.

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get pregnant with Scott, then break-up with him. Hellfire club as the White Queen with Red Queen(Maddie) and Black Queen(Selene). Her brother should also join, having her powers, one of the Cuckoos and also Living Diamond... Scot would really love that :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.