Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6127 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

What did you all think of January Jones as Emma Frost

• 63 results
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#51 god_spawn  Moderator

@maxxx676: Is Days of Future Past even going to be a real sequel to First Class? I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to it.

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
    Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Terrible.

maxxx676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@god_spawn: Yes it would be from what I know. It is confirmed that there would be returnig cast from FC and some of the cast from Singer films. Plot line will have something with time travels etc.

AlexDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Too weak, not cutting/bitchy enough. Didn't appear intelligent/vain enough. Aesthetically pretty suitable.

@god_spawn said:

They still should've had Alice Eve play the role. Real English. Busty. Hot. Can play the b*tch.

Damn good casting.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#56 god_spawn  Moderator

@maxxx676: They already did ask JJ if she was going to play in Days of Future Past and she said no. She could very well be casted once again as Emma in another movie involving the First Class crew when it deals with them. So the last scene in FS wasn't wasted just because Emma isn't in the next movie, she could be in the one after for all we know.

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
    Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Ellie_Knightfall

Alice Eve would be great, Charlize Theron would be, as well (if on the older side of things).

midgard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, what do you want with absolutely horrible story writers and the people in charge of the casting. In my person opinion they picked a wrong actress to play Emma Frost.

valencourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

She sounded more Irish than Banshee at times. She was useless.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

She was horrific. It doesn't matter if her lines were horrid, any actor worth their salt can make movement speak volumes. Emma belittles just by her facial expression and January translated that into stony frozen ice/blank stare.

So -- it was her. Had she bothered to look into the character, she would have realized the importance of getting across Emma's cutting personality. Even if the director wanted to show her as Shaw's arm candy and martini server, Emma still should have had some haughtiness to her. All we got was an ice princess.

^ita

@veshark said:

Completely dull. She had all the gravitas of an oatmeal cookie. Personally, I don't think she even looked good in the lingerie getup.

Part of the blame falls to the script I suppose, but Jones just didn't have the 'Emma look' either. Nor the Emma voice. Emma Frost should be a commanding, self-assured and beautiful in the sort of upper-class bourgeoisie way type of lady. Not stiff, and emotionless with deadpan lines.

All that being said, Frost had a relatively minor role in the entire movie, so I can live with it.

^lmao! The lingerie looked cheap too and in the outfit with the miniskirt, boots and babushka hat she looked like a freezing cold majorette. I like Emma Frost thick, the way the Dodsons draw her. January Jones is too straight up and down to pull off curvy, even with a ridiculously padded push-up bra. Part of the problem was the 1960's attire, but it looked good on Magneto. I still want the boots he was wearing when he was sitting outside on the steps.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A) she didn't really capture emma's characters

B) i know this has nothing to do with her, but the diamond form in the movie was awful

C) isn't emma frost supposed to be hot?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They focused too much on her being an object of sex appeal rather than developing character.

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxxx676 said:

I was just thinking... Why they even put effort to do the last scene with her being freed from prison while they don't put her in a sequel....

emma join magnetos team....never!!!!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Hot with nice boobs.. Her acting was a different story.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not bad. not good. Just Meh. Meh could be considered as bad to some though.

Xeco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My personal opinion I think

January Jones Emma Frost did great with her character her powers were awesome she moves quickly with her psychic powers I don't get tired of watching her role I really hope to see Mrs.Jones play Emma Frost in upcoming movies.i was impressed with her unlike Jean Grey and professor x.I don't know what happened to there powers between professorx, Jean Grey,psyloc, Emma Frost

Emma Frost is better in this movie cause the other characters they didn't do much especially the Phoenix where is the Phoenix effects the fire bird didn't even appeared in the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.