Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6125 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

was she made to replace jean, if so y?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By justice teen

I dont know much about emma frost because i dont read xmen do to my comic shop close while i was trying to get into it. But from what i been reading online, it seems like she is jean's replacement. if this is true why, whats wrong with jean that she needs to be replace. also can some one tell me about emma personality.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Emma was created too long ago for her to be created as a replacement. She was originally an X-Men villain. Jean was replaced because her and Scott's marriage was pretty much all but over and Morrison shaked things up. Emma gave Scott a new dynamic and helped the character grow and develop more than Jean ever did IMO.

Emma's personality is that of a highly intelligent, cunning, classy yet in your face, b*tchy woman that knows she is strong and can stand on her own two feet because she had to. She also isn't afraid to play dirty when she has too. Underneath her tough, diamond-like exterior Emma is a very caring, loyal woman. She loves Cyclops and believes in Scott's dream to protect their race. The only thing that she arguably loves more is teaching her students.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By justice teen

thanks

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By XsPectre28

she may not have been created as a replacement but that eventually became her purpose

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Veitha

I'm having the same discussion on an Italian forum XD I've been arguing to affirm that she wasn't made to replace Jean for more than tree days! I think that what Godspawn said is a good summary of my thoughts about this: Emma is too different from Jean to replace her

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oraclefyre

She's definitely not a replacement. But if you read Fraction's run I'd say yes. She was like Jean Grey 2.0, and there are enough of them already.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_

Um, what? No.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Yeah, she's Jean's replacement.

Come at me, Frostitutes.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Illuminatus: NUH UH. Jean nevar gotz the Sebas in the ass or the flounder pounder. They r 2 diffrant.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_

@Illuminatus said:

Come at me, Frostitutes.

BRO, YOU DON'T WANT NONE OF THIS.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@god_spawn said:

@Illuminatus: NUH UH. Jean nevar gotz the Sebas in the ass or the flounder pounder. They r 2 diffrant.

Seabass in the ass. Lmfao.

@Mercy_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

Come at me, Frostitutes.

Nobody cares what you think.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Illuminatus: I once made a joke DH's opinions were like Jean Grey. Relevant for 30 seconds then nobody gives a crap for 10 years.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_

@Illuminatus said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

Come at me, Frostitutes.

Nobody cares what you think.

Sure they do.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@god_spawn said:

@Illuminatus: I once made a joke DH's opinions were like Jean Grey. Relevant for 30 seconds then nobody gives a crap for 10 years.

There's so much truth to this, it's not even funny.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mercy_

Done with both of you.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Mercy_ said:

Done with both of you.

So, dinner tonight? 8? My place?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mercy_

@Illuminatus said:

@Mercy_ said:

Done with both of you.

So, dinner tonight? 8? My place?

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By ragdollpurps

Current Emma is like British-Betsy-Lite sometimes.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hareil0079

@god_spawn said:

Emma was created too long ago for her to be created as a replacement. She was originally an X-Men villain. Jean was replaced because her and Scott's marriage was pretty much all but over and Morrison shaked things up. Emma gave Scott a new dynamic and helped the character grow and develop more than Jean ever did IMO.

Emma's personality is that of a highly intelligent, cunning, classy yet in your face, b*tchy woman that knows she is strong and can stand on her own two feet because she had to. She also isn't afraid to play dirty when she has too. Underneath her tough, diamond-like exterior Emma is a very caring, loyal woman. She loves Cyclops and believes in Scott's dream to protect their race. The only thing that she arguably loves more is teaching her students.

He said it best

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EnSabahNurX

But she was given her diamond form i believe to replace colossus lol

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By ReVamp

@god_spawn said:

Absolutely hysterical.

And Emma was made during the Dark Phoenix saga, which was before a bunch of the X-Cast was even made. She wasn't made as a replacement.

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By duchess

That's like saying Angelina was a replacement for Jennifer lawlz

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Blood1991

At first I think yes, just like Psylocke orginally was, but like Betsy she has created her own identity.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Hazlenaut

There was Madelyne Pryor for evidence. Now that Cyclops dating Storm who is not a red head, can read minds, or use the phoenix force I think stepping out of his problem. I think Storm may be open for puligamy. Now what to do with Emma. Is there anyone interested on a lady who is bitchy, has low self esteem, and has a very bad past

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#25  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

That's what I thought WHen I fisrt heard or saw Emma.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Hazlenaut said:

There was Madelyne Pryor for evidence. Now that Cyclops dating Storm who is not a red head, can read minds, or use the phoenix force I think stepping out of his problem. I think Storm may be open for puligamy. Now what to do with Emma. Is there anyone interested on a lady who is bitchy, has low self esteem, and has a very bad past

....What the fack are you talking about?

And have you been keeping up with X-Men? Like at all in recent time?

Cyclops isn't dating Storm, he is still with Emma as Storm is still married to T'Challa.

And there have been quite a few people interested in Emma. Namor right now for one which is apparent in UXM.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Blood1991 said:

At first I think yes, just like Psylocke orginally was, but like Betsy she has created her own identity.

Agreed. I think Emma would still make an awesome nemesis for the X-Men, but she has definitely made her identity for herself in the x-world and MU as a whole.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crimsonlord53

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

Agreed. I think Emma would still make an awesome nemesis for the X-Men, but she has definitely made her identity for herself in the x-world and MU as a whole.

When she's not writing as a one line zinger scott's girlfriend/eye candy.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Crimsonlord53 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

When she's not writing as a one line zinger scott's girlfriend/eye candy.

Lol...true.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Inverno

Sure, it looks like it...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    Storm is still married to T'Challa.

I can retract this statement now lol.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By PowerHerc

No, she was created to be a villain.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#33  Edited By SC  Moderator

Reading things online probably isn't the best way to gauge a character, a lot of people fail to give objective perspectives on characters, plus comics is a pretty subjective medium. That being said Emma Frost wasn't made to replace Jean Grey, and if your talking about modern day Emma Frost post Generation X (where she was a good guy slash protagonist character) and talking about Morrison era X-Men where she started to date Cyclops? Thus for many a reason to compare Emma to Jean, then even then its more accurate to say Emma is a Colossus replacement, since Morrison originally wanted to write Colossus but wasn't allowed to. So he gave Emma a secondary mutation diamond skin, which allowed him to have a character with super durability, which was why he wanted Colossus and after also having a fan sell him on the idea of Emma. Morrison also found Cyclops character safe and boring and deserving of more personality and interest so he decided that a pairing of Emma and Cyclops would give Cyclops character extra kick. A cheap and easy way for someone to attack Emma's character therefore is to call her a second rate Jean Grey. Honest similarities can be made though.  

Emma's personality? Its great but its pretty complex and lots of good writers and fans struggle with it as far as consistency. My personal take is that of a smart, confident, cynical, intelligent, honest, manipulative, independent, unapologetic, sardonic business woman who is callous and cold because she has a job to do, and its to help protect, encourage, motivate and inspire younger mutants to succeed and thrive, and you can't do that whilst being dreadfully simple, boring and good. Emma believes life isn't fair, and she knows this because she can look directly into peoples minds past all the lies and BS and false claims and shameless self promotion and so her code of ethics is a bit more unconventional than most but to Emma unconventional is better than being naive. In short Emma is a BAMF.          

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Rumble Man

@PowerHerc said:

No, she was created to be a villain.

To Jean fans I'd say she's the ultimate villain, so in that regard they succeeded with flying colors

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35  Edited By lorex
    @god_spawn said:

I could not agree more. Emma has been around since Uncanny X-Men #129. After years a villian she reformed and became part of the X-Men and later became involved with Cyclops. I would clasify Jean as Scott's highschool sweetheart while Emma is a mature woman that allows Scott to be himself and grow as a person and not have to live up to any childish notions of romance
    Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Madame_Mist

@lorex said:

@god_spawn said:

I could not agree more. Emma has been around since Uncanny X-Men #129. After years a villian she reformed and became part of the X-Men and later became involved with Cyclops. I would clasify Jean as Scott's highschool sweetheart while Emma is a mature woman that allows Scott to be himself and grow as a person and not have to live up to any childish notions of romance

I like that analysis. I've always seen Jean and Scott's romance to be very spiritual and they hold each other with a certain amount of reverence. But with Emma everything is much more organic and natural. I like the Emma and Scott romance because it is a much more of real love, rather than an idealistic one.

However lately while Scott's been allowed to grow while Emma has taken a back seat.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37  Edited By lorex
    @Madame_Mist said:

@lorex said:

@god_spawn said:

I like that analysis. I've always seen Jean and Scott's romance to be very spiritual and they hold each other with a certain amount of reverence. But with Emma everything is much more organic and natural. I like the Emma and Scott romance because it is a much more of real love, rather than an idealistic one.

However lately while Scott's been allowed to grow while Emma has taken a back seat.

I agree Emma has been shoved to the side somewhat in the war of personalities between Scott and Logan over the last few years and she could stand some more time in the spotlight.
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: @justice teen:

emma is better than jean at being a leader, which jean never was so thats why they kepp killing off jean repeatedly

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mercy_

@god_spawn said:

I love you so much.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Mercy_ said:

I love you so much.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By Onemoreposter

Emma Stone is so hot

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.