Trouble in Paradise.

  • 50 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilers from the latest issue of AvX below.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I'm not entirely sure if Emma is running a game on Namor or if she's actually finished with Scott. Personally I hope it's her trying to manipulate Namor, but the whole love triangle and random kisses are annoying me. Personally I would prefer her sticking with Scott as she will fade into the background more if she ends up with Namor.

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

D:

Moderator
#3 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I know. It's the worst.

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12882 posts) - - Show Bio

Just when I had convinced myself that she wasn't a ho.......

#5 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't blame Namor.

#6 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

I get douche chills when Namor has panel time. At least he's about to lose control and smacked into oblivion...hopefully?

#7 Edited by God_Spawn (37594 posts) - - Show Bio

We still have future solicits with Emma and Scott " ultimate power threatens to be tear them apart." so I doubt this is really anything symbolic as far Emma being done with Scott. And typically if Marvel has a solicit the opposite generally happens. If the solicit threatens to split them, then yeah they will fight but they won't be torn apart and will still be together. If anything this may shadow that Emma is the one out of the P5 that is getting corrupted. Still, Emma and Cyclops' relationship has always had its ups and downs and Namor is to Wolverine as Emma is to Jean as far as current standings in relationships go. And we still have to into consideration that the 5 of them are still inhabited by the Phoenix Force and it has been making them act more extreme and different. I'll chalk this up to the PF's influence on Emma and that she is the one that ends up getting the most corrupted out of the PF and that is what leads to Emma and Scott fighting with Scott having to "wake up" and snap Emma out of this. I have no bad vibes about anything happening to Scott and Emma's relationship after this, if I did, I would have gone with yeah, this relationship is over, but since I don't, it won't be.

Moderator
#10 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

I blame the phoenix...it corrupts the host or hosts

#11 Posted by dm_jlifan (24 posts) - - Show Bio

This issue really blurs the lines, its hard to know Emma's intentions at this point. Looks like 3 of the 5 are severely being corrupted by the force and Colossus will pretty much do what his sister asked so it looks like it will be a 4 vs 1 near the end. I really enjoyed the swerve with Scott's repression is the the thing that is keeping him grounded. Marvel could still pull a reversal and have Cyke become evil again but i hope not. As for the triangle, I'm pretty sick of it already. I stopped Uncanny after issue 10 and only getting AvX to see what happens to everyone in the end. If Scott and Emma are done then so am I with the X-men, Nick Lowe said that the triangle will be different than Scott/Jean/Logan. Right now I don't really see the difference, some douche wants Emma, and Emma and Namor has had some intimate moments. The only way I see that it'll end differently is if Namor is actually successful and that is something that I can't really accept. Also apparently Cyclops is going to be in Avenging X-Men, anyone know what that is?

Also as much as everyone hates Brubaker/Fraction's run on X-Men, I enjoyed the fact that it had moments of Scott and Emma being happy without much baggage with Jean, Namor, M-Day, insert plot device here. Those vacation panels during Divided We Stand will always be my favorite part of that run. Ah well, now I've just put myself in a terrible mood. *Goes to deviantart to go look at fanart*

#12 Posted by nyx (114 posts) - - Show Bio

A) Magik would be the most corrupt, bar none. B) Emma is totally screwing with Namor. C) Emma has already 'faded into the background' with Scott. She's become an arm adornment for Scott. 90% of the time you see Emma in the comics these days, she's standing beside (and even more often, behind Scott), waiting to obey or reinforce his every command. Emma needs to be free of Scott, she's become Mr. Bigglesworth!

As far as AvX is concerned, you know the Phoenix Five are going to go Dark Phoenix and Jean or Hope aka Jean 2.0 is going to swoop in to save the day. Sure the Phoenix Five was a twist, but in the end, you just know how it will turn out.

#13 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@dm_jlifan said:

This issue really blurs the lines, its hard to know Emma's intentions at this point. Looks like 3 of the 5 are severely being corrupted by the force and Colossus will pretty much do what his sister asked so it looks like it will be a 4 vs 1 near the end. I really enjoyed the swerve with Scott's repression is the the thing that is keeping him grounded. Marvel could still pull a reversal and have Cyke become evil again but i hope not. As for the triangle, I'm pretty sick of it already. I stopped Uncanny after issue 10 and only getting AvX to see what happens to everyone in the end. If Scott and Emma are done then so am I with the X-men, Nick Lowe said that the triangle will be different than Scott/Jean/Logan. Right now I don't really see the difference, some douche wants Emma, and Emma and Namor has had some intimate moments. The only way I see that it'll end differently is if Namor is actually successful and that is something that I can't really accept. Also apparently Cyclops is going to be in Avenging X-Men, anyone know what that is?

Also as much as everyone hates Brubaker/Fraction's run on X-Men, I enjoyed the fact that it had moments of Scott and Emma being happy without much baggage with Jean, Namor, M-Day, insert plot device here. Those vacation panels during Divided We Stand will always be my favorite part of that run. Ah well, now I've just put myself in a terrible mood. *Goes to deviantart to go look at fanart*

Whoooooooaaaa!!! I loved Bru's run on X-Men! Deadly Genesis and Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire are awesome! Was not aware the peeps hated Brubaker's run! Fraction, yeah sure, but the mighty Bru!?!?!

#14 Posted by dm_jlifan (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@nyx said:

A) Magik would be the most corrupt, bar none. B) Emma is totally screwing with Namor. C) Emma has already 'faded into the background' with Scott. She's become an arm adornment for Scott. 90% of the time you see Emma in the comics these days, she's standing beside (and even more often, behind Scott), waiting to obey or reinforce his every command. Emma needs to be free of Scott, she's become Mr. Bigglesworth!

As far as AvX is concerned, you know the Phoenix Five are going to go Dark Phoenix and Jean or Hope aka Jean 2.0 is going to swoop in to save the day. Sure the Phoenix Five was a twist, but in the end, you just know how it will turn out.

Not really, I mean she went behind Scott's back to take care of the Shaw problem because she feared Namor's wrath. She was intending to kill him but instead mind wiped him which is a classic Xavier move. She made out with Namor during Fear Itself when she tried to smother Hope. She took down the Sinister clones during Uncanny's first arc against Scott's wishes when her arm was torn off by the celestial, he wanted her to go back and recuperate. Scott said he loved Emma very much when he was talking to the Tabula Rasa alien thing, Emma had sex with Namor in front of Scott during the Unit encounter and Scott got pissed. She also changed the game in AvX 7 when she basically incited Namor to attack Wakanda when Scott wanted a more peaceful approach against the avengers.

#15 Posted by nyx (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@dm_jlifan:

I'd say mind wiping Shaw instead of killing him was a sign of her redemption. Fear Itself...ugh, poor Marvel writing (I was personally wishing she successfully smother Hope!). They're really enjoying Emma straying from Scott. Note also that Namor was concerned about her arm after it was reattached while Scott was being emotionally distant and that Namor was there with the Fear Itself scenario to check in on her. With Unit, they didn't have sex and Unite manipulated them with pheromones.

Meanwhile, Magik raised up a piece of Limbo to serve as a prison.

#16 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it was all phoenix, but I am rather sour with her for what she did to Hawkeye. Not ok Frost, NOT ok. With her being the only Psychic currently being a host the PF should have a greater hold on her if I'm not mistaken. Regardless for my Emma Frost fan homies I hope they don't screw her over in this.

#17 Posted by dm_jlifan (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@nyx said:

@dm_jlifan:

I'd say mind wiping Shaw instead of killing him was a sign of her redemption. Fear Itself...ugh, poor Marvel writing (I was personally wishing she successfully smother Hope!). They're really enjoying Emma straying from Scott. Note also that Namor was concerned about her arm after it was reattached while Scott was being emotionally distant and that Namor was there with the Fear Itself scenario to check in on her. With Unit, they didn't have sex and Unite manipulated them with pheromones.

Meanwhile, Magik raised up a piece of Limbo to serve as a prison.

Scott was concerned as well, that's why he wanted to send her back to Utopia after her arm was severed. Emma started to doubt her relationship in Fear Itself because of Hope and Namor only added to that when he tried to have sex with her and she refused, Namor said something about Scott marrying the redhead. Yes, Scott is being distant, but what is that to a telepath that has open access to Scott's mind and can take whatever she wants. She said it herself in the first arc of Uncanny, that no one else knows Scott's mind better than her. If she really questioned his love then she could have easily gotten the answer. Namor has for decades chased Susan Richards, if Emma were to be with Namor, she'll get dropped like a hot potato the second Susan Richards ass comes in. Would Namor marry Emma, the same reasoning that he attacked Scott/Emma's relationship with if Emma were to leave Scott? Jean may have pushed Scott to get over his guilt and start over with Emma, but the love developed and cemented itself on its own.

I know about Magik raising Limbo. I'm not just demonizing 3 of the 5, they still have 5 more issues for Dark Phoenix 5 to come about.

#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Regardless of what happens with this crap, the image still makes me legitimately sick to my stomach.  

#19 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

sigh...yeah i figured,

#20 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@dm_jlifan said:

@nyx said:

@dm_jlifan:

I'd say mind wiping Shaw instead of killing him was a sign of her redemption. Fear Itself...ugh, poor Marvel writing (I was personally wishing she successfully smother Hope!). They're really enjoying Emma straying from Scott. Note also that Namor was concerned about her arm after it was reattached while Scott was being emotionally distant and that Namor was there with the Fear Itself scenario to check in on her. With Unit, they didn't have sex and Unite manipulated them with pheromones.

Meanwhile, Magik raised up a piece of Limbo to serve as a prison.

Scott was concerned as well, that's why he wanted to send her back to Utopia after her arm was severed. Emma started to doubt her relationship in Fear Itself because of Hope and Namor only added to that when he tried to have sex with her and she refused, Namor said something about Scott marrying the redhead. Yes, Scott is being distant, but what is that to a telepath that has open access to Scott's mind and can take whatever she wants. She said it herself in the first arc of Uncanny, that no one else knows Scott's mind better than her. If she really questioned his love then she could have easily gotten the answer. Namor has for decades chased Susan Richards, if Emma were to be with Namor, she'll get dropped like a hot potato the second Susan Richards ass comes in. Would Namor marry Emma, the same reasoning that he attacked Scott/Emma's relationship with if Emma were to leave Scott? Jean may have pushed Scott to get over his guilt and start over with Emma, but the love developed and cemented itself on its own.

I know about Magik raising Limbo. I'm not just demonizing 3 of the 5, they still have 5 more issues for Dark Phoenix 5 to come about.

I'm glad that someone remembered that Emma has telepathy and would be able to read Scott's mind and know that he truly loves her. As far as I'm concerned Emma was just being rather petty while Scott through his anger and frustration during those events was being understanding.

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to know why Cytorakk hasn't thrown a fit over Colossus being a host to the Phoenix like he did when Cain hosted the Uni-power, is this just bad writing or does Cytorakk like the Phoenix force better?

#22 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrong forum. Go check the Colossus forum and you'll have an answer.

#23 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops..................Karma................is...............a............Biscuit In Time Collecting Halos

Emma should tap it

Namor is an idiot who, due to having a lot of power, now (officially) only thinks with his fishstick

Emma had goals, Namor is a weak man, and Emma has talent in the art of seduction

Some girls only use their abilities to get dudes to buy them cars.............Emma used hers to send a God-level being to eff up her enemies.............She has a GIFT

#24 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

EEEEK! They are actually going through with this love triangle?!!! Like it's seriously legit now, eh.

#25 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

EEEEK! They are actually going through with this love triangle?!!! Like it's seriously legit now, eh.

Legit, and, due to the circumstances, VERY believable

#26 Posted by Veitha (2974 posts) - - Show Bio

I think unfortunately that Emma is going to die in AVX, killed by Scott

#27 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

I think unfortunately that Emma is going to die in AVX, killed by Scott

Possibly, she hasn't been mentioned in the Marvel NOW stuff...

#28 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

@Veitha said:

I think unfortunately that Emma is going to die in AVX, killed by Scott

Possibly, she hasn't been mentioned in the Marvel NOW stuff...

Well in her defense neither have alot of characters.....

#29 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@oraclefyre said:

@Veitha said:

I think unfortunately that Emma is going to die in AVX, killed by Scott

Possibly, she hasn't been mentioned in the Marvel NOW stuff...

Well in her defense neither have alot of characters.....

True. It's just that she's a pretty major character and not hearing about her is making me a bit nervous is all.

#30 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

@Blood1991 said:

@oraclefyre said:

@Veitha said:

I think unfortunately that Emma is going to die in AVX, killed by Scott

Possibly, she hasn't been mentioned in the Marvel NOW stuff...

Well in her defense neither have alot of characters.....

True. It's just that she's a pretty major character and not hearing about her is making me a bit nervous is all.

Pretty much my feelings on Storm. I need to be reassured neither of them are dying and soon.

#31 Posted by God_Spawn (37594 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Maybe Emma does live and she goes off with Cyclops for awhile if he is leaving for his possible mission?

Moderator
#32 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: Maybe Emma does live and she goes off with Cyclops for awhile if he is leaving for his possible mission?

She could also fall back on teaching on WATXM, if Rouge leaves Legacy that could become an Emma title, or she could join Storm's team. Killing her after building her up doesn't add up quite right.

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (37594 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Agreed. If anyone is probably gonna die I still say Hope. She may not die necessarily but complete her Phoenix mission. I think it would be for the best especially if they are bringing in teenage Jean.

Moderator
#34 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: Agreed. If anyone is probably gonna die I still say Hope. She may not die necessarily but complete her Phoenix mission. I think it would be for the best especially if they are bringing in teenage Jean.

My guess was Black Panther. I see Namor basically destroying Wakanda and taking either Tchalla or Shuri out in the process. Though I can honestly say that killing Hope is for the best.

#35 Posted by Ms. Omega (4426 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Just when I had convinced myself that she wasn't a ho.......

Too late....

#36 Posted by God_Spawn (37594 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Well and the whole solicit for Marvel Now is bringing the last few years' stories to an end. It seems like Hope has become a big enough character and this would be the best time to write her off.

Moderator
#37 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: True enough, though that raises the question of what happens to the 5 lights?

#38 Posted by God_Spawn (37594 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Fulfill their roles as protectors of the Phoenix or whatever they were supposed to be? Or just go to Wolverine's school.

Moderator
#39 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: Maybe Emma does live and she goes off with Cyclops for awhile if he is leaving for his possible mission?

She could also fall back on teaching on WATXM, if Rouge leaves Legacy that could become an Emma title, or she could join Storm's team. Killing her after building her up doesn't add up quite right.

This whole thing is bollocks, lol. If Scott does leave, i'd really like to see Emma fulfill her role as a teacher to the Recruits on Utopia, in a title that WOULD be Uncanny X-Men with the occasional adventures, i mean, that's what she'd originally want to do...but no. And i wouldn't want her on Storm's team, too much clutter, we've already got Betsy.

@Blood1991 said:

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: Agreed. If anyone is probably gonna die I still say Hope. She may not die necessarily but complete her Phoenix mission. I think it would be for the best especially if they are bringing in teenage Jean.

My guess was Black Panther. I see Namor basically destroying Wakanda and taking either Tchalla or Shuri out in the process. Though I can honestly say that killing Hope is for the best.

There're some rumours going around that he's getting another series after the Marvel NO! thingy, written by Tyler Perry, but the details are far too iffy to clarify anything as of yet. He's not dying though, at least, i'd like to think, Hickman seems to have been building him up these past few months, and Marvel also said he'd have a bigger role to play this year, so killing him would seem a little bit odd, my guess is he's going on Hickman's Avengers.

#40 Posted by God_Spawn (37594 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane:

written by Tyler Perry

Seriously??

I can see it now. "Tyler Perry's: Madea goes to Wakanda."

Moderator
#41 Posted by Onemoreposter (4007 posts) - - Show Bio

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!

Emma is so sexy. The ultimate seductress in so many ways. She started as a villain but has put in over a decade of heroism. Personally, I'd love to see her just be playing with Namor and staying true to scott, but shes a great "on the edge" character and I genuinely don't know how things are going to go, that's what I love most! Who know what will happen next....

#42 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@AgeofHurricane:

written by Tyler Perry

Seriously??

I can see it now. "Tyler Perry's: Madea goes to Wakanda."

LMAO.

#43 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh good a new triangle for scott to be part of.

#44 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2783 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#45 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems Ms. Frost might be giving Scott the...cold shoulder here shortly. Hopefully he'll be able to...chill out. I do hope scott saw her kiss him, but he has poor...icesight. Bahahaha

#46 Edited by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I pretend AvX and everything that happened in it didn't happen? It's just so...ugh. I don't understand why Emma is even attracted to this guy. I know Namor is basically the male Emma but this attraction is just weird. I hope this love triangle quickly dissolves.

#47 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma doesn't have time for this, she's far too busy dealing with this.

She needs as much help as she can get, Frostitutes.

#48 Posted by xtremexfan (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Emma's just toying with Namor at this point. Emma has declared the Phoenix as her ultimate enemy, so I wonder if that's going to come to play in the future.

#49 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

So I just realized that when she kissed Namor her speech bubble returned to normal. Is that they're way of suggesting that Emma wasn't under control of the phoenix?

#50 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, this is pure Emma. This isn't Phoenix-influenced.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.