Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Tired of Her Being Called a Husband-Stealer

• 70 results
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mercy_

Emma had walked away from both Scott and the offer to co-lead the institute until JEAN as White Phoenix of the Crown changed things. I'm freaking sick and tired of everybody calling Emma a husband stealer. Did she and Scott have a psychic affair? Yes they did. Was it right by any means of the word? No, it wasn't. But Scott's marriage had turned into a loveless shell of itself and he was lonely. I'm not advocating what they did, just providing reasoning as to why they did it. But the fact remains that Emma walked away. She left. Until JEAN pushed them back together.     

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Korg

Would you prefer "home-wrecker"? That quite literally describes most of the X-Men.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

I agree. My mother still blames Angelina Jolie for stealing Brad Pitt from Jennifer Aniston....as if Brad Pitt isn't at least 75% responsible for it anyway.
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hydrabob--defunct
    @Korg said:
    " Would you prefer "home-wrecker"? That quite literally describes most of the X-Men. "
    hahaha i like that it's much better
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mercy_

Added to that, it takes two to tango. Scott isn't exactly innocent in the whole thing. 

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By rogue_mar1e

I agree with you DH :)

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MichonneHack27

I agree it takes two tango. In my opinion, Scott was a jerk to Jean. He's not one for loyalty to wives from what I've seen. Makes me feel bad for Emma, she could do better than him.
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hydrabob--defunct
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " Added to that, it takes two to tango. Scott isn't exactly innocent in the whole thing.  "
    men are stupid (i'll use myself for example 1) you have a lady who walks around wearing what Emma wears his attention is going to go to her
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    "Emma had walked away from both Scott and the offer to co-lead the institute until JEAN as White Phoenix of the Crown changed things. I'm freaking sick and tired of everybody calling Emma a husband stealer. Did she and Scott have a psychic affair? Yes they did. Was it right by any means of the word? No, it wasn't. But Scott's marriage had turned into a loveless shell of itself and he was lonely. I'm not advocating what they did, just providing reasoning as to why they did it. But the fact remains that Emma walked away. She left. Until JEAN pushed them back together.      "

Tire of husband stealer,' huh?  How about homewrecker?  Does that one work for you? 

Oh, it was Jean's fault Emma and Scott had their psychic fling.  Of course it was.  It's always the fault of the person who got screwed over.  I forgot that.  

Emma bears no responsibility for her actions, right?  She had no choice, right?  Gimme a break.  She has free will and she did what she wanted to; mess around with a married man.  
    When you really get down to it, though, it makes sense that she pulled this shit.  She's a villain andvillains do vile things.  See?  It makes perfect sense.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_
    @hydrabob said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " Added to that, it takes two to tango. Scott isn't exactly innocent in the whole thing.  "
    men are stupid (i'll use myself for example 1) you have a lady who walks around wearing what Emma wears his attention is going to go to her "
    Oh, so because she dressed scantily, that's her inviting a man to leave his wife? Bad logic.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceIMC

To me Scott and Jean were on a slow decline after he became separated from Apocalypse. The relationship was over, they just didn't know it yet. Emma didn't steal him, she may have been the catalyst for them to actually get the balls to break up but they were on that path anyway.
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress said:
    " @hydrabob said:
    men are stupid (i'll use myself for example 1) you have a lady who walks around wearing what Emma wears his attention is going to go to her "
    Oh, so because she dressed scantily, that's her inviting a man to leave his wife? Bad logic. "
    men are stupid and scott is a dick
    but i think it's her fault as much as it is his if not more
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " To me Scott and Jean were on a slow decline after he became separated from Apocalypse. The relationship was over, they just didn't know it yet. Emma didn't steal him, she may have been the catalyst for them to actually get the balls to break up but they were on that path anyway. "
    Agreed. 

@hydrabob said:
    " @hydrabob said:
    Oh, so because she dressed scantily, that's her inviting a man to leave his wife? Bad logic. "
    men are stupid and scott is a dick but i think it's her fault as much as it is his if not more "
    Yes they are and yes he can be. Again, how is it her fault? I'm not saying she's innocent in the whole thing, she most certainly isn't. But I reiterate my point: it takes two to tango. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By SC  Moderator

They need to do an arc, where Reed Richards, Gambit, Henry Pym, Superman (IDK), Black Panther all go missing.  

Then their bodies are found in Emma's walk in closet. She shrugs, and exclaims she was just doing what people accused her of (and stealing boyfriends as well, since somebody couldnt think of enough Marvel husbands in time for his examples lol) . Then some crazy guy witnessing the whole thing, starts shouting hide yo husbands, cause Emma Frost up in here and she be stealin dem,and then that guy becomes an internet meme.  

To be more serious, yeah, its often a double standard and a pretty lazy insult to be aimed at Emma. It makes Cyclops look bad as well, and Jean in another way as well. The subject of sex, brings peoples immature side out though, and everything goes Jerry Springer. Plus why not just call Emma unethical and inconsiderate and blunt at the expense of being kind and fuzzy?  Its even more accurate, and those are still bad things. (but I think lacks the sting which undoubtedly why they are not used as often)

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress:  well if she didn't want to be known as a husband shouldn't have been foolin around with scott
    thats still both their fault
    but she should have asked herself is the juice was worth the squeeze
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Korg
    @hydrabob said:
    " @Korg said:
    " Would you prefer "home-wrecker"? That quite literally describes most of the X-Men. "
    hahaha i like that it's much better "
    Glad someone appreciated it.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC said:
    "  Then some crazy guy witnessing the whole thing, starts shouting hide yo husbands, cause Emma Frost up in here and she be stealin dem,and then that guy becomes an internet meme.  
    You are quite possibly my favorite person right now. 
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PowerHerc
    @SC:
    Pretty funny and pretty good.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Personally I like Emma WAAAAAY more then I'll ever like Jean, Marvel just made Jean unappealing over the years in my opinion, plus Emma is a MUCH more interesting character to read about.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mercy_
    @War Killer said:
    " Personally I like Emma WAAAAAY more then I'll ever like Jean, Marvel just made Jean unappealing over the years in my opinion, plus Emma is a MUCH more interesting character to read about. "
    THANK YOU! 

I like Jean, but I find Emma infinitely more interesting. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mercy_
    @hydrabob: -___- Do you remember what we were talking about earlier? You're pushing it. 
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Korg

I find Emma more interesting to read about, but mostly because she hasn't been dead for several years.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " Personally I like Emma WAAAAAY more then I'll ever like Jean, Marvel just made Jean unappealing over the years in my opinion, plus Emma is a MUCH more interesting character to read about. "
    THANK YOU!  I like Jean, but I find Emma infinitely more interesting.  "
    What I find ironic is that Wolverine and the X-Men actually got me interested in Jean a bit more once they got rid of the Phoenix, but then the show got canceled xD

I just find the whole Phoenix bit overdone and in turn made Jean's character just less interesting. Emma's has an interesting back story too, plus her powers are pretty darn awesome, so that helps :P
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PowerHerc
    @hydrabob said:
    well yeah i find teases and sluts interesting too "

Hah!  Yes, I suppose most do. lol
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Emma Frost is one of the most amazing characters i've ever seen in comics. Yes she used to be a villain, but so has other people? Like wasn't Hawkeye a villain? Wanda was a villain as well, and she turned out to become one of the best Avengers of all time. (Don't even bother to mention M-Day) Songbird also started out as villain as well, and now she's an amazing character. Even one of the x-men Rogue put Ms Marvel into a coma before joining the team. So why the hell should someone use that villain bs against her?

Also i don't get why people can call Emma cold? She's lost so many of her students that it's extremely sad to think about, no one deserves to go through that much pain. 

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By uncanny89

Yes it can be argued that Emma "stole" Scott from Jean, but how i read the new x-men was that Scott wasn't happy with his relationship with jean since the x-men vs Apocalypse story and they have been becoming distant from one another since that point.  Scott initially began talking to Emma for the simple reason that she would not judge him for how he was feeling, and because of the fact that they both could be truly open with each other their relationship just grew from that point on and ultimately they had a telepathic affair which was the straw that broke the camels back(meanwhile Jean was becoming closer to Wolverine IMO).  Further more like the Dark Huntress said, Emma walked away from Scott to continue the school, it wasn't until Jean changed the coarse of the future that Emma and Scott came together and i believe Jean told scott to and i quote "live" basically telling him to move on and be happy with Emma, and the Scott Jean relationship reached its, imo again, natural end.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @PowerHerc said:
    " @hydrabob said:
    well yeah i find teases and sluts interesting too "
    Hah!  Yes, I suppose most do. lol "
    She isn't a slut...
    Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

She's a home-wrecker and there's nothing wrong with that!! (well there is if you have morals... but Emma doesn't so it's okay) 

People fall in and out of love all the time!  
    it was time for Jean and Scott to end things, they were getting boring and repetitive! 
    It was nice seeing Scott have an affair with Emma, spice things up a bit... and yeah it was nice seeing him fall in love all over again :) 
    Do I think if Jean comes back he'll go back for her, no sir he wont! Because Emma's made him some of the man he is today :) Go Emma! :)  

but yeah, if you want to call her a husband stealer, go for it! Scott's with Emma now, so who cares bahahaha :) 

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By batman_is_god
    @The Dark Huntress:
    Then she should stop stealing husbands. I am sorry if anyone has got a wrong idea of what Emma Frost is, but she is a deceitful harlet. That pretty much sums her up. Same with Catwoman.
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @batman_is_god said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: Then she should stop stealing husbands. I am sorry if anyone has got a wrong idea of what Emma Frost is, but she is a deceitful harlet. That pretty much sums her up. Same with Catwoman. "
    She isn't a whore either.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @batman_is_god said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: Then she should stop stealing husbands. I am sorry if anyone has got a wrong idea of what Emma Frost is, but she is a deceitful harlet. That pretty much sums her up. Same with Catwoman. "
    Oh hell no, quit saying some BS about her, she's not a whore.
    VillainousV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By VillainousV

Dude........If I had to choose between Jean and Emma..........I'd choose Kitty..............

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mercy_
    @batman_is_god
    @The Dark Huntress:
    Then she should stop stealing husbands. I am sorry if anyone has got a wrong idea of what Emma Frost is, but she is a deceitful harlet. That pretty much sums her up. Same with Catwoman.
    -___- she's not a slut nor a whore. If you'd bother to actually Y'know READ the comics with her in it, New X-Men specifically, then you would know that not only was Jean and Scott's marriage basically over but you'd also know that Emma walked away from Scott and the Institute and offer o co-lead and that it was JEAN as White Phoenix who pushed them (Emma and Scott) back together. On top of all that, there is no "stealing" of somebody's husband. It's not like she took him against his will. He LEFT he wasn't stolen.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VillainousV said:
    " Dude........If I had to choose between Jean and Emma..........I'd choose Kitty.............. "
    Choose? Pfft. I'd pick all three.
    Hey if you live in a fantasy world, you might as well go all the way. lol
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mercy_
    @Alurvelve OMG. Your avatar!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

People still care about Jean? Is she ever going to appear again? Or did she already do that and I missed it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress: If Alurvelve was a animated character. Puss would best fit him I believe. lol
    VillainousV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By VillainousV
    @Alurvelve said:
    " @VillainousV said:
    " Dude........If I had to choose between Jean and Emma..........I'd choose Kitty.............. "
    Choose? Pfft. I'd pick all three. Hey if you live in a fantasy world, you might as well go all the way. lol "
    X-Men foursome..........kinky.............
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mercy_
    @Alurvelve Puss is amazingly cute.

@Vance Astro Misleading promos for Second Coming is the closest shes been to appearing in comics since Xorneto killed her.
    batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By batman_is_god
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @batman_is_god
    @The Dark Huntress:
    -___- she's not a slut nor a whore. If you'd bother to actually Y'know READ the comics with her in it, New X-Men specifically, then you would know that not only was Jean and Scott's marriage basically over but you'd also know that Emma walked away from Scott and the Institute and offer o co-lead and that it was JEAN as White Phoenix who pushed them (Emma and Scott) back together. On top of all that, there is no "stealing" of somebody's husband. It's not like she took him against his will. He LEFT he wasn't stolen. "

I am aware, and even if i wasn't you have said so before. That is the excuse of every affair having person though. Both Scott and Emma have moved down in my book because of it.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Vance Astro said:
    "People still care about Jean? Is she ever going to appear again? Or did she already do that and I missed it? "

I love Jean Grey
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @daredevil21134 said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "People still care about Jean? Is she ever going to appear again? Or did she already do that and I missed it? "
    I love Jean Grey "
    Really? Why?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#43  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @batman_is_god said:
    " @batman_is_god
    @The Dark Huntress:
    -___- she's not a slut nor a whore. If you'd bother to actually Y'know READ the comics with her in it, New X-Men specifically, then you would know that not only was Jean and Scott's marriage basically over but you'd also know that Emma walked away from Scott and the Institute and offer o co-lead and that it was JEAN as White Phoenix who pushed them (Emma and Scott) back together. On top of all that, there is no "stealing" of somebody's husband. It's not like she took him against his will. He LEFT he wasn't stolen. "
    I am aware, and even if i wasn't you have said so before. That is the excuse of every affair having person though. Both Scott and Emma have moved down in my book because of it. "

Well, you can't really steal a person a husband. You can steal a person, or a husband, like physically, but you know the context here. So a question needs to be asked, how do you steal a husband in the context given here? Is it say... like a kiss? Like the one Jean and Wolverine had? Or is it more? Who gets to decide? Did manly and irresistible Wolverine, steal a wife? Or is it more complicated than that?  

Of course Emma is deceitful. The X-Men were founded by one of the most deceitful people around, its like a tradition, and most characters echoing most real people are deceitful, its hard not to be a tiny bit naturally, unless you grow up in a bubble. You don't mean she has the confidence or brazen attitude to not apologize for things she doesn't think she needs to, even if others think she does? Then why is Emma a harlot? I guess thats my main point of interest.  

Then how could that sum up one person? Sounds like a predisposed opinion towards Ms Frost rather than accuracy of statement. Plus what's the excuse here as well? Is it still an excuse if the offended characters involve here believe it as well?
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GREGalicious
    @MichonneHack27:
    I agree COMPLETELY! Scott has always been so irritating and boring to me and keeps getting with all these AMAZING women who are so much better/greater than him. Jean, Madelyne, and now Emma.
    unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By unicornpuncher

I just think its crazy that scott is hitting all the tail in the house and no ones even putting blame on him.  He made out with Psylocke, was with Jean then traded up to Emma.  Way to go Scott for not even trying that hard.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I thought people already got it that she never stole Scott (pathetic excuse for a male) but i do think that she is still branded as a H-S because of what she did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unicornpuncher said:
    " I just think its crazy that scott is hitting all the tail in the house and no ones even putting blame on him.  He made out with Psylocke, was with Jean then traded up to Emma.  Way to go Scott for not even trying that hard. "
    He didn't really make out with Psylocke. The 'slipped' kiss wasn't really his fault, but he still caught flack from Jean for his thoughts about Psylocke. They'd show her zapping him with some tk bolt or something at times he would think of her. By the pool for one instance.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mercy_
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    " I thought people already got it that she never stole Scott (pathetic excuse for a male) but i do think that she is still branded as a H-S because of what she did "
    I actually agree with this. I just don't think that she should be branded that way.  

@Alurvelve said:
    " @unicornpuncher said:
    " I just think its crazy that scott is hitting all the tail in the house and no ones even putting blame on him.  He made out with Psylocke, was with Jean then traded up to Emma.  Way to go Scott for not even trying that hard. "
    He didn't really make out with Psylocke. The 'slipped' kiss wasn't really his fault, but he still caught flack from Jean for his thoughts about Psylocke. They'd show her zapping him with some tk bolt or something at times he would think of her. By the pool for one instance. "
    That's ridiculous and really speaks to their whole marriage and the state that it was in.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress: That was back in the 90's era/run.
    unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By unicornpuncher

I vote Scott dumps Emma and gets with Wolverine.  Women problems solved!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.