Tired of Costume?

#1 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I love Emma. But I'm getting a little tired of the SAME costume. It changes a little between a corset and shorts maybe, but the basic design hasn't changed in forever. Anyone else want to see her in something brand new?
#2 Edited by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio

You mean changes between pants/trousers and shorts/panties, right?

Generally it seems different artists occasionally use different costumes.

Dodson drew her with the white version of the Dark X-Men costume recently while most others stick to the pants/corset/cape variation of the original AXM design introduced around UXM 500/AXM 25, sometimes lately with shorts (see Accuna) instead of pants.

In Generation Hope and in the recent Wolverine and Jubilee mini she appeared with different kinds of civilian clothes (including fur jacket!).

More variation could be fun, but overall this is better than most other characters get I believe. So don't go expecting too much. Characters should and will have a recognizable design, and the costume is a BIG part of that.

#3 Posted by God_Spawn (37718 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever she's in it looks good lol.

#4 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn
True, very true. But I still wouldn't mind shaking things up a bit.
#5 Posted by PowerHerc (83353 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig almost all of Emma's duds.

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked her costume from New X-Men (the Kyle/Yost run NOT the Morrison run) and her costume in Astonishing (the Whedon run)

#7 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress
I would like to see her in the New X-Men one with long pants and heels. Personally... :)
#8 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good to me.
#9 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like her X-Treme X-Men look, minus the trench coat. 
#10 Posted by HexThis (898 posts) - - Show Bio
Generation X costume all the way.
#12 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss her late Gen X costume. The white full body suit thing.

#13 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC

This one?
#14 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
Emma Frost #4
#15 Edited by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
 @JCJQLB:
I wanna see her in that one with long pants and heels. Sort of like her X-Men legends look...
#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:
@PrinceIMC
This one?
Yup this one.
#17 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@HexThis said:
Generation X costume all the way.
#18 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH i thing that post schism all the x-men should have a costume change especially storm and emma who seem to have had the same costume or a slight variant of it for ages also maybe Psylocke's should change 

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (37718 posts) - - Show Bio

She still looks good in anything >_>.

#20 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma has a pretty rotating costume. There are loads of other characters that are always wearing the same thing and much more in need of one.

#21 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

I liked her costume from New X-Men (the Kyle/Yost run NOT the Morrison run) and her costume in Astonishing (the Whedon run)

This one?  this is the one I'd like to see her in
#22 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself
I'd love seeing this without the trechcoat, and it's hard to tell but those better be some heels.
#23 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

i wouldnt mind seeing something different, i love when characters get new costumes
#24 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg:  
Wouldn't mind seeing a variation on this 
#25 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:
@danhimself: I'd love seeing this without the trechcoat, and it's hard to tell but those better be some heels.
lol I'm not really sure....and I'm not really sure how much she wore the suit in New X-men either....I kind of just started rereading the series so if I find some better views of the suit then I'll be sure to post them
#26 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself
Well yes, with heels it's a great costume. The pants are a bit army like though.. Maybe clean it up a bit.
#27 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate her stripper prostitute level costume

since she is a respected member and a great character she deserves a better costume

#28 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:
Okay, so I love Emma. But I'm getting a little tired of the SAME costume. It changes a little between a corset and shorts maybe, but the basic design hasn't changed in forever. Anyone else want to see her in something brand new?
Maybe she and Hercules should exchange costumes....  Hmmm?  I think it could work!!!  Hercules would look incredibly funny and Emma would.....be Emma...
#29 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:
@PrinceIMC
This one?
EWWWWW!  Gross!  What is Emma doing in those...those... CLOTHES?!?!  LOL!
#30 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@EmmaGrace said:
@PrinceIMC
This one?
EWWWWW!  Gross!  What is Emma doing in those...those... CLOTHES?!?!  LOL!
She's being hot in clothes, not out of clothes. And the zipper comes down if she needs to show a little skin.
#31 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her Gen X costumes.

#32 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: Good point...

You know, it reminds me of a line from the old t.v. show MASH... Frank is trying to compliment Margaret and how she looks and says something like, "It doesn't matter to me what you wear.  Why, you'd look good in nothing at all!"
#33 Posted by Phylos (2641 posts) - - Show Bio
Old Man Wolverine

but maybe just a little more touched up, the neck part is bugging me a little. other than that, i think this is quite lovely.
#34 Posted by Ashra (674 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, actually Emma always has some great costumes, unlike a few other X-women.  She's a spiffy dresser.   I don't think there's been one I haven't like of hers.  

#35 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ashra: I've liked all her outfits so far, I just think they need shake it up a bit.
#36 Posted by Ashra (674 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:
@Ashra: I've liked all her outfits so far, I just think they need shake it up a bit.
Like keep the color, but change the design?
#37 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ashra: Exactly, away from the overused cape and either shorts or pants, corset or tube-top thing. Anyways I'm off, I'll respond tomorrow.
#38 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her costume but Emma doesn't seem like the kind of woman that would wear the same thing day in day out (i know its comics and they all need an iconic costume). I would prefer it if they kept the general theme of the outfit (white, revealing etc) but make variations on it and alternate. So she'll wear a slightly different costume each time while keeping it recognizable.
#39 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3531 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked her 1st Generation X costume, actually. I guess it wasn't skimpy enough for most artists.

#40 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhoenixoftheTides: Haha I guess not. It looks good for a teacher but not an X-Man. IMO
#41 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma is one of my favorite characters but I do think she could use a costume a little less 'whorish'  in appearance. I know this is a comic but there is the theory that less is more. I am not saying she should go back to her covered up Gen X days
but I do think the artists have become somewhat lazy and should come up with something different for her. I mean Rogue is depicted as sexy without having it all hang out, I am sure they could come up with something like that for Emma.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.