The Official Emma Frost Feats Thread

  • 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Glamazon (43 posts) - - Show Bio


I thought I'd take the time to share some of my favorite X-Man's feats. Feel free to add your own if you like.

 

Crowd Control

Rendering herself and her students invisible via telepathy

Making a large group of people not notice a giant monster

Energy Projection

Creating lightning made of pure psionic energy 

Fighting Rachel 

Diamond Form

Showing resistance to fire as well as a degree of super strength

Mental Projection

Creates a mental duplicate of herself

Gives Scott mental protection against the Phoenix 

Creates an illusion of herself to trick Sauron

Demonstrating her H2H skills

Telepathically navigating Banshee at St. Louis

Puts a crowd of angry people to sleep 

Mindfrying some Morlocks


Enhances her psionic powers via a diamond controlling an entire Kingdom Psionically and causing it to shatter 

Emma tricks Cassandra Nova into entering an alien body 

Emma reduces Kimura to tears


 I'll upload more in a bit.   

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glamazon said:
" I'll upload more in a bit.   "
Please don't.  Please stay concise & succint.  Don't pic spam for the sake of it.  Creating a thread full of copyright infringing consecutive full-page scans is bad enough.  But hideously long posts where you have to scroll & scroll & scroll & scroll just to get to the end puts people off.

If you want to rave about how great Emma is then try doing it in your own words.  Instead of the massive bombardment of pic-spam.
Moderator
#3 Posted by Glamazon (43 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
Sorry. I won't upload anymore images...you can lock the thread if you choose to.
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glamazon: Like I said, talk about it to your hearts content.  But pic-spam is evil.  Emma wouldn't accept that kind of behaviour from her students... ;)
Moderator
#5 Posted by Glamazon (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, okay. And I concur, I don't think Emma would appreciate such behavior...shame on me.
#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92634 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Glamazon: Like I said, talk about it to your hearts content.  But pic-spam is evil.  Emma wouldn't accept that kind of behaviour from her students... ;) "
What if we format in the side-by-side way so that they don't take up an insane amount of room? Because I have a file of Emma feats for battle threads that could be put to awesome use here.
Moderator
#7 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio

I have an entire fight with sage and Bishop, some diamond durability feats, and raw power feats of her psiconic powers, i think this thread is a good idea. I can upload those if you want.
Moderator
#8 Posted by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio

There was also the Emma Frost vs. Exodus feat that occurred in Messiah Complex. She managed to force Exodus into only using telepathy.  I wonder if that demonstrates telepathic power or telepathic skill.  Perhaps both?

#9 Edited by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:

"There was also the Emma Frost vs. Exodus feat that occurred in Messiah Complex. She managed to force Exodus into only using telepathy.  I wonder if that demonstrates telepathic power or telepathic skill.  Perhaps both? "


Id say both. but didnt she need Dust in that fight its been awhile since i read it.
Moderator
#10 Posted by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @Edamame said:

"There was also the Emma Frost vs. Exodus feat that occurred in Messiah Complex. She managed to force Exodus into only using telepathy.  I wonder if that demonstrates telepathic power or telepathic skill.  Perhaps both? "

Id say both. but didnt she need Dust in that fight its been awhile since i read it. "
Had Dust not interfered, it would have been a stalemate.  It is also possible that Exodus may have edged out a win due to his "psionic vampire" abilities. However, I doubt he could employ this ability of his because he was fully engaged with Emma. So it would be a stalemate, in my opinion.
Also, Dust had the element of surprise.  Poor Exodus wasn't aware of her presence:

Sorry for the small size.
#11 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @god_spawn said:
" @Edamame said:

"There was also the Emma Frost vs. Exodus feat that occurred in Messiah Complex. She managed to force Exodus into only using telepathy.  I wonder if that demonstrates telepathic power or telepathic skill.  Perhaps both? "

Id say both. but didnt she need Dust in that fight its been awhile since i read it. "
Had Dust not interfered, it would have been a stalemate.  It is also possible that Exodus may have edged out a win due to his "psionic vampire" abilities. However, I doubt he could employ this ability of his because he was fully engaged with Emma. So it would be a stalemate, in my opinion.
Also, Dust had the element of surprise.  Poor Exodus wasn't aware of her presence:

 
Sorry for the small size. "

Thanks for the refresher. and no worries on the size.
Moderator
#12 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7266 posts) - - Show Bio

Broad Casting a Message (through scott) to the entire mutant population



#13 Posted by Glamazon (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

"Broad Casting a Message (through scott) to the entire mutant population
 


 
"


 

I was very impressed by this.
#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7266 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glamazon: Me too as it shows the scale Emma can use her telepathic powers on and she didn't even look tired in the least while doing it
#15 Posted by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have scans of the Emma Frost vs. Cassandra Nova battle?

#16 Posted by doddy (248 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: i loved this moment <3

#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92634 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" Does anyone have scans of the Emma Frost vs. Cassandra Nova battle? "
I have the scans of her tricking Cassandra Nova. 




 
 
Moderator
#18 Edited by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio

Fighting Sage and Bishop and she had to be bfrd. ( why can't my scans enlarge)?








Moderator
#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92634 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a reminder not to post too many scans. Don't want people getting warned for something like this. ^_^

Moderator
#20 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" Just a reminder not to post too many scans. Don't want people getting warned for something like this. ^_^ "
got it lol, i didnt plan on posting too many. I just like the sage fight
Moderator
#21 Edited by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Thanks. ; )

@god_spawn:
Does Emma usually bleed in diamond form when she has been attacked?

@doddy:
Thanks.  ; )
#22 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7266 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @The Dark Huntress: Thanks. ; )

@god_spawn:
Does Emma usually bleed in diamond form when she has been attacked?

@doddy: Thanks.  ; ) "
No, at the time her mind had been hijacked by Elias Bogan (not completely)) which caused her to have bloody tears
#23 Posted by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
" No, at the time her mind had been hijacked by Elias Bogan (not completely)) which caused her to have bloody tears "
I see.
Wow. So Elias Bogan managed to defeat Emma.
I am not sure why that would cause her to bleed, though.
#24 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7266 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: It didn't really "cause" her to bleed in fact it's kind of hard to explain lol see if you can read the schism story arc of the X-Treme X-Men
#25 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

wait so that "psychic lightning" did physical damage?! that's legit. she should do that more often, like her trademark attack. she would be the first telepath to be useful against like a robot. or am i wrong?

#26 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7266 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace: NVM, didn't she use psionic bolts in Wolverine and the X-Men? i thought they were pretty cool the way she used them
#27 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: 

oh sorry, the picture of her under energy projection. it's on the first post..   

 

#28 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane:
So they were physical damage?
#29 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7266 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace: Apparently yes, when she had her fight with pyslocke in the series she managed to "knock her over"  im not sure if that was just from the strain of the blast to the mind but still,even in the opening of that series Emma blasts her opponents with a "psionic wave"? and that manages to knock them down too O.O   
#30 Edited by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane:  I think that's more artistic license, telepathic "bolts" should not send anyone flying. Unless perhaps the targets convulsing in pain is what causes it.

@EmmaGrace:  I'm not aware of any single occasion when Emma has caused physical damage using psi-bolts. I know that people like to cite the collapsing building in DPS as one such, but it seems much more like that it was caused by the Phoenix lashing out telekinetically after being hit with Emma's psi-bolt. Which is as it should IMO, let's keep TP and TK separate.
#31 Posted by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a scan showing the battle between Emma Frost and Jean Grey in the Dark Phoenix Saga:

#32 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it could be argues that Emma did use TK in the DPS, she has latent TK so maybe she can only use it under great emotional stress, she also seemed to used TK in the Phoenix Endsong mini series, but they are the only times i think she used TK and the  DPS one is tenuous at best.

#33 Posted by A_O_N (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice Emma Frost Appreciation Thread ;)

#34 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma is awesome, like a dangorous version of the proff. X.
#35 Posted by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89 said:
" I guess it could be argues that Emma did use TK in the DPS, she has latent TK so maybe she can only use it under great emotional stress,
How so, if I may ask? I don't see her using telekinesis.
#36 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
Emma has shown latent TK before. When Synch was synched to her aura he showed TK abilities.
#37 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7266 posts) - - Show Bio
@nikbackm: Well if it really was "artistic license"  wouldn't they have tried to keep it on the DL? so that they wouldn't mislead watchers? i mean that's what happened in my case because i still don't understand how Psylocke's body flipped after she had been hit by Emma's Psi-bolt let's not forget what she does in the opening on the series against those men, or unless the writers of the series have given a new take on her powers like they did in Pryde Of The X-Men
#38 Edited by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:

" @Edamame: Emma has shown latent TK before. When Synch was synched to her aura he showed TK abilities. "

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. I wonder why Emma hasn't displayed this ability in the recent comics.
#39 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: That why its latent TK :P It's only happened once i recall.
Moderator
#40 Posted by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @Edamame: That why its latent TK :P It's only happened once i recall. "
I understand, but I would personally expect to to see her latent TK at least once more. She has appeared in so many comics. That's just me, though.
#41 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: I'm guessing she more than likely needs to be under alot of stress. Like ALOT her reflex if TP doesnt work is either run, or go diamond. I'm guessing it has to be something beyond a moment like that. But that's just my opinion i mean what do i know right?
Moderator
#42 Posted by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @Edamame: I'm guessing she more than likely needs to be under alot of stress. Like ALOT her reflex if TP doesnt work is either run, or go diamond. I'm guessing it has to be something beyond a moment like that. But that's just my opinion i mean what do i know right? "
I definitely know what you are trying to say.
#43 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
Yeah I'm hoping they don't give her TK. Being a powerful and dangerous TP is part of what makes her Emma Frost IMO.
#44 Posted by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane:  Because it's a cartoon for young people, there must be some (even "incorrect") action to show. Just how it works really. Can also be noted that there was no using telepathy to affect the physical world when she was stuck in those chains at the end.
#45 Posted by Glamazon (43 posts) - - Show Bio

If Emma was given TK I would dislike the character. I love the fact that she solely is TP and a powerhouse with her Diamond form. That should be it, nothing more...it's what differentiates her from Jean, Psylocke, Rachel...etc.

#46 Posted by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glamazon: I completely agree.  Imagine Charles Xavier with telekinesis. LOL There are plenty of TP/TK characters out there, notable Exodus, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Psylocke, etc. It goes on and on. 
#47 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

What if we format in the side-by-side way so that they don't take up an insane amount of room? Because I have a file of Emma feats for battle threads that could be put to awesome use here.

Could you PM those to me? O__o

#48 Posted by Mercy_ (92634 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duchess said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

What if we format in the side-by-side way so that they don't take up an insane amount of room? Because I have a file of Emma feats for battle threads that could be put to awesome use here.

Could you PM those to me? O__o

As soon as I get access to my desktop to transfer them :)

Moderator
#49 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Duchess said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

What if we format in the side-by-side way so that they don't take up an insane amount of room? Because I have a file of Emma feats for battle threads that could be put to awesome use here.

Could you PM those to me? O__o

As soon as I get access to my desktop to transfer them :)

Oh yea, you have your fancy new laptop ;) Hehe thanks

#50 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

gender swapping

BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.