Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6153 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Shouldn't Emma and Scott be married by now?

spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spideyfan69

Emma and Scott have been together for years and years and years and YEARS shouldn't they be married by now?

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2  Edited By lorex

I real life most likely they would have been married by now, but due the soap opera like nature of comic books they  probably will never get married. Also the large comic book publishers are very gunshy about making any permanent connections between characters
    let alone them having children. The execuse they always seem to use is the do not want to saddle future creative teams with spouses and/or children they will have to account. A prime example of this is the children of Sue and Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four. 
    Writers have been trying to do something with Franklin and later Valeria for a very long time with varried results. Also look what Marvel with with Scott Summers son Nathan who eventually became Cable, that is a long and convoluted story. Another example of this 
    attitude is what happened with Spider-Man and Mary Jane. Various writers would use the execuse that they could not fit her into Spider-Mans world or she was too hard to make her interesting without making her the victim all the time. What did thay do, they retconed 
    their marriage and took the easy way out. Anyway yes Scott and Emma should have gotten married by now but probably never will.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

I feel like neither of them need a piece of paper to define their relationship. They're partners and lovers, they're about as married as it gets without making it legal.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

why do they have to be married? there are tons of couples in real life who have been together for years and have no intention of getting married

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mercy_

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Mercy_ said:

I feel like neither of them need a piece of paper to define their relationship. They're partners and lovers, they're about as married as it gets without making it legal.

There is way more to marriage than just having a paper...it is a bond...I think they should have been married long before now.

My entire point was that they DO have that bond.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@Mercy_ said:

I need not speak.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnnyGat

Scott couldn't find a diamond ring that would outclass EF's diamond form.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Not the kind of bond marriage has...there is more than sex and being partners to marriage, their is this bond that is only there when there is marriage. There is that depth that can't ever be obtained when partners.

What changes in marriage other than legally being recognized as each other's beneficiaries, the right to legally make medical and other decisions in necessary cases and other legal matters as opposed to beforehand? They're still in love, they still have that bond, they're still partners. The only thing that marriage changes is you are putting that commitment down on paper and making it legally binding. Which, in the long run, doesn't really matter considering there's something like a 54% divorce rate anyways.

@ReVamp: High five.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReVamp

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Not the kind of bond marriage has...there is more than sex and being partners to marriage, their is this bond that is only there when there is marriage. There is that depth that can't ever be obtained when partners.

So you can't have that kind of bond without it being legally recognized? Whut?

That makes no sense, you're basically saying that there's a limit to how much you can love someone without having a paper legally recognizing your partnership.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReVamp

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Like I said there is a bond be partners can never be taken. Its hard to explain but one thing that is obvious is...you say I am comited.

You can't be committed without a piece of paper saying so?

Divorce is a sad fact. Divorce should never have existed and the only reason why divorce is so high is that most people don't marry today.

Whut? You can't divorce without marrying first.

That being said Marriage says I agree with my partners belief and I am One flesh with him...

You can't agree with your partners beliefs and being one with him/her without it being states as such in a piece of paper?

there is no "partnership" in marriage it is one flesh...they say I am no longer me...you are no longer you. We are one.

Yes, a piece of paper says that. That doesn't mean in any way that you can't feel this without marriage.

And when divorce happens it is kinda like removing a person's arm you will never ever be the same.

No. I know people who feel "whole" again after divorce.

Divorce shouldn't be as high as it is.

How is that relevant?

Marriage is more than a legal paper it is saying I love you so much

You can't love someone "so much" without a paper saying it?

and agree with you that we are one, you are my soul mate and I will join with you till death do us part.

You can't agree that without marriage? (Not to mention, I think that being exposed to the risk of death every single day expresses this better than any paper ever will)

Divorce shouldn't ever happen but it does. If people really loved each other unconditionally then marriage is a given and divorce would never ever happen.

But the problem is that it does. Often. And marriage isn't necessary to "love someone unconditionally".

Now... Is Marriage a valid expression of everything that you have said? Yes, absolutely and you're right in saying so. Does it mean its a requirement for everything you said? Naw.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_

I'm gonna decline from replying as Revamp's said everything I would have.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By KainScion

namor said it best: 'he married the red-head'

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By duchess

Because they don't need a piece of paper to tell them they're in love and committed to each other. No legal binding dictates how two people choose to treat their relationship.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Daycrawler

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Okay maybe you didn't get what I just said. Marriage means you are one flesh. That means I am one with the one I marry, Partners still keep their rights as individuals. Plus there is something else...Marriage also is a religious deal and as such Christianity(which our country is based on) and other religions say that marriage is necessary.

The bond in a Christian's eyes says they are not just married in Government's eyes but in God's eyes and since I am a christian I am one of those people furthermore if God says he wants you to marry the one you want to be with then guess what...that means that it is necessary.

Read this

Each to their own. That is you and you belief system's take on what marriage means. You can't define what it means to everyone else because everyone else will have their own take and own views. I respect your right to have this view, but it doesn't match up with mine (speaking as a married man). You seem to be imbuing the concept of marriage with your own particular religious beliefs which somehow give it further meaning to you, as away to somehow enhance that love. However, I follow no religion or belief system (which is not to say I don't believe in a higher power - just not convinced enough), but that does not mean I have something missing in my relationship with my wife. It's a fully loving and enriching partnership with marriage basically acting as a personal and legal affirmation of that love. My love for my wife would not have been any less or negatively impacted if we had not gotten married. To me, such a suggestion is ridiculous, naive and slightly offensive to be honest.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mercy_

@KainScion said:

And we all see how well that turned out.

@Daycrawler: Incredibly well put.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KainScion

@Mercy_: at least cyke kept trying with jean. i doubt they will remain together after avx. especially since emma screwing around his back with namor (and has kissed him before).

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#17  Edited By JonesDeini

Yes, yes they should

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ReVamp

@Daycrawler: Well said. Not exactly what I'd have said, but it follows the same line of thought.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Daycrawler

@Mercy_ said:

@KainScion said:

And we all see how well that turned out.

@Daycrawler: Incredibly well put.

@ReVamp said:

@Daycrawler: Well said. Not exactly what I'd have said, but it follows the same line of thought.

Thanks guys.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mercy_

@KainScion said:

@Mercy_: at least cyke kept trying with jean.

So...cheating with Emma and shunning any attempt that Jean made to try and get their relationship back on track was trying?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rickbarry

@Mercy_: Hey, no one's perfect. Haha.

I personally wouldn't want them married. It's kind of cliche in the comic world. I'd be cool if they wore matching wristbands.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By One_Eye

@Rickbarry said:

@Mercy_: Hey, no one's perfect. Haha.

I personally wouldn't want them married. It's kind of cliche in the comic world. I'd be cool if they wore matching wristbands.

Heh, so you think Emma should wear one of those golden bracers that Scott wear in his current costume? :p

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Crimsonlord53

@Mercy_ said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

What changes in marriage other than legally being recognized as each other's beneficiaries, the right to legally make medical and other decisions in necessary cases and other legal matters as opposed to beforehand? They're still in love, they still have that bond, they're still partners. The only thing that marriage changes is you are putting that commitment down on paper and making it legally binding. Which, in the long run, doesn't really matter considering there's something like a 54% divorce rate anyways.

Then why the big deal with Northstar's wedding other then it was a same sex marriage and very much in vogue at the time. If scott married emma it might change the scumbag out look people have of him.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mercy_

@Crimsonlord53 said:

@Mercy_ said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Then why the big deal with Northstar's wedding other then it was a same sex marriage and very much in vogue at the time. If scott married emma it might change the scumbag out look people have of him.

You answered your own question.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Crimsonlord53

I know maybe I should have added "around northstar's wedding".

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mercy_

The answer would be the same. All of the hype regarding Northstar's wedding was to boost sales and publicity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took him and Jean a loooooooooooooooong time to get hitched, besides they do not really have the free time to schedule a wedding even if they wanted too at the moment.

The Phoenix empowered wedding night sex might destroy the resort they are staying in..

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Madame_Mist

I think Emma dreams of the white wedding thing, but they don't need anything to prove or define their love.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By RainEffect
    @Mercy_ said:

What she really means is that Scott's still got his pants at his ankles waiting for Marvel to bring Jean back.

/trollface
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ThanosIsMad

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Okay maybe you didn't get what I just said. Marriage means you are one flesh. That means I am one with the one I marry, Partners still keep their rights as individuals. Plus there is something else...Marriage also is a religious deal and as such Christianity(which our country is based on) and other religions say that marriage is necessary.

The bond in a Christian's eyes says they are not just married in Government's eyes but in God's eyes and since I am a christian I am one of those people furthermore if God says he wants you to marry the one you want to be with then guess what...that means that it is necessary.

In the truest since of biblical terms, the two were married the moment they had sex. The whole ceremony doesn't really constitute marriage, that all came much, much later. The consummation of the relationship is what marries in the eyes of God, pretty much.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Unlikely it'll ever happen now. Marvel decided to destroy Scott and Emma, as characters and as a unit, looks like Emma's going to die as well.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Madame_Mist

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Unlikely it'll ever happen now. Marvel decided to destroy Scott and Emma, as characters and as a unit, looks like Emma's going to die as well.

I will never forgive Marvel for what they've done to the couple. Though I think it's Scott whose going to die. With someone said to take on someone's former costume, I think younger Cyclops will replace him.

Ceddsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ceddsong

I've always thought of Emma as being an exemplar of the modern woman. Independent, strong, well educated, the equal or superior to any man. Marriage seems too cliched for the White Queen. And we know how she loves to fly in the face of tradition. If Emma got married it would feel out of character. Also marriage is certainly not the ultimate expression of love. And though Emma loves Scott can you imagine her taking his last name and binding her assets to his non-existent ones. Emma is a self made woman and lives according to that concept marriage just seems out of place in her relationship.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#34  Edited By TDK_1997

I don't think that they should get married.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hareil0079

@Mercy_ said:

agreed

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By Mr Marvel82

@Ceddsong said:

I've always thought of Emma as being an exemplar of the modern woman. Independent, strong, well educated, the equal or superior to any man. Marriage seems too cliched for the White Queen. And we know how she loves to fly in the face of tradition. If Emma got married it would feel out of character. Also marriage is certainly not the ultimate expression of love. And though Emma loves Scott can you imagine her taking his last name and binding her assets to his non-existent ones. Emma is a self made woman and lives according to that concept marriage just seems out of place in her relationship.

I agree. Emma doesn't seem to be the marrying type.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By Darkmount1

If those two got married, we'd see what Mel Brooks and Madeline Khan did in the airport security scene from "High Anxiety" every day of the week. (It's funny--I could picture Emma faking a yenta voice.)

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JohnnyGat said:

Scott couldn't find a diamond ring that would outclass EF's diamond form.

lol

@ReVamp: @lorex: @spideyfan69:

i think marvel is aganist them getting married because it would be the death of emma like jean before her and maddie before her

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By samuel_larson_10

Time doesn't seem completely linear in comic books, A lot of the characters like cyke have been around since the sixties but cyke isn't sixty, so their relationship doesn't really have a set length.

As for all the marriage debate, it's not just a piece of paper, it is a symbol of commitment, I'm not saying that two people can't be committed without marriage, but it is the next step in a relationship, The reason for the incredible divorce rate in reality is just because our generation thinks that if somethings broke (like marriage) they throw it away and don't fix it. Love is a choice, Marriage is a confirmation of that choice. Finally as for the religious part of this debate, You don't have to be legally married to be married In christ, Adam And Eve weren't legally married It's not about a paper It's the promise.

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By CerealKiller

I cant imagine them having a wedding ceremony. would anyone show up? seriously, i love the two together, i do. but i just cant see it happening! does Emma even have enough friends to make up a team of bridesmaids? Plus she's a telepath, i can imagine her walking down the isle and she'd be able to hear everyone awkwardly thinking back to when they sat in on scott and jeans wedding....because in universe, i dont think many people are super approving of their relationship. Emma of course is aware of this, and i dont think she'd want to draw attention to any of it.

plus Scott doesnt have the best track record with wives....he is basically the Ross Geller of Marvel.

AROSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind Emma getting married, but Scott is the archetypical tragic hero, someone who gets a screw off every time he came close to a happy ending. With Madelyne, Jean, and every woman who came into his life offering him happy endings ended up with a tragedy. Thus, it is better for them to stay the way they are since both of them made the other better and became more than just supporters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.