Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

She's now a confirmed Omega...............

• 89 results
    nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By nikbackm

I'm thinking Fraction is either unaware of the meaning of the term "omega" in the X-world or he just used it as a description for the highest level of telepaths in order to annoy those who cares overly much about such things.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By sora_thekey

Maybe she became an Omega when she was Phoenix....

No Caption Provided

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By G-w-D
    @sora_thekey said:
    "

No Caption Provided

"

That proved that she wasn't Omega

Either Omega level Telepath was meant not as a declaration of Omega mutant status more  to do with Telepath abilites or Fraction is a confirmed Idiot frankly eithe one is plausible
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @sora_thekey said:
    "

No Caption Provided
    "
    She didn't possess the powers necessary to remain a host though, so that kind of blew it there. 
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Phoenix of the Black Throne: I think the limits of Alpha's make them (kinda like you said) burn away.  But the infinite potential of Omegas allows the Phoenix to use all kinds of powers, without killing the body..............if that makes sense. lol
    pentagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By pentagram
    @danhimself said:
    " that's not Dark X-men it's Uncanny and she's says "Omega Class Telepaths" not "Omega Mutants"....big difference "
    when did emma become a more powerful tp than xavier i thought they were equally powered
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By uncanny89

i dont think emma is as powerfull as xavier but i think she is more sneaky take x-men legacy #215 and #216 where she holds xavier in her mind for example, no ordinay telepath could of done that imo, even though he said he was off guard or something
    Yeahbutwhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Yeahbutwhat
    @Phoenix of the Black Throne: 

Nope, 

http://www.brokenfrontier.com/columns/p/detail/full-blown-reader-qa

And Greg Pak practically confirms that she can host it her:

http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=10744

It had nothing to do with being Omega it had everything to do with what kind of person she is.

BTW She was the only telepath that managed to allude Onslaught. She felt his psychic presence before anyone and took precautions.
    Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Satyrquaze

Well, if shes an Omega Level Mutant whats the current ratio of Omegas to Mutants? Isn't like one mutant in every five is an Omega now? /sarcasm
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Phorqe

This doesn't confirm anything. She tells Mystique that she's an Omega Level Telepath. So that's just confirmation that Emma likes to brag. Confirmation of being an Omega level mutant would require some great feat. Omega level doesn't mean anything really, as someone said, look at Iceman.

Although I thought mystique had some psi-blocks that made her resistant to TP and her brain in general was hard to read because of how much she lies and alters her appearance.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By pixelized
    @Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
    " @Yeahbutwhat said:
    " @Phoenix of the Black Throne:   Nope,    http://www.brokenfrontier.com/columns/p/detail/full-blown-reader-qa  And Greg Pak practically confirms that she can host it her:   http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=10744  It had nothing to do with being Omega it had everything to do with what kind of person she is.  BTW She was the only telepath that managed to allude Onslaught. She felt his psychic presence before anyone and took precautions. "
    Anybody can host it, but everybody can't handle it, she could not making her a shell and not a true host.  Omega level mutants make better host  (one is even it's avatar)first because they are built with the potential for unlimited power thus they can house vast amounts of power, Emma was completely taken over by the Phoenix with no will of her own, she was not acting as a host but was being possessed.  It was Onslaughts messing with the astral plane that caused her to go haywire, she didn't make a conscious decision to hide the kids, she had no idea why she was doing it until M told her on the astral plane and she was not aware of Onslaught until M showed her what was going on in the astral plane, she didn't allude him because he was interested in any of them anyway except for Chamber whom he took. "
    Dark Phoenix Saga anyone?
    Yeahbutwhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Yeahbutwhat
    @Phoenix of the Black Throne: 

Nope, read what Greg Pak says. It's about being willing to open yourself up emotionally to the Phoenix Force hence the reason she could host it in Incredible Hercules after her background was changed. Also the reason why Celeste could act as a host and not be consumed. 

She did it all subconciously because she felt his presence Banshee says it at the end IRRC and he didn't go after them because he couldn't find them.
    Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#63  Edited By Saren

Juston's Sentinel calls her an Omega-level mutant in Avengers Academy #32, but that could be because of the PF I'm guessing.

No Caption Provided
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Mercy_

The wording on that seems a little vague and/or could be attempting to mimic what Fraction said? Storm's been deemed an Omega Level Threat (unless I'm misremembering). This could be an accidental combining of the terms?

Original_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Original_Sin

@Mercy_ said:

The wording on that seems a little vague and/or could be attempting to mimic what Fraction said? Storm's been deemed an Omega Level Threat (unless I'm misremembering). This could be an accidental combining of the terms?

Technically she's been called a "Possible omega level mutant" and "Omega level potential". Both kinda the same thing.

And if it is the writer trying to do what Fraction did I he did it completely wrong. But hey if Emma is truly an omega level mutant (without the PF) I would be extremely happy. At least one of my favorites could carry theuselesstitle.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Mercy_

@Original_Sin said:

I would be extremely happy.

I wouldn't.

First off, it's completely useless. Mr. M is an Omega Level and look at him FFS. It's a stupid title and it's used here mainly to fanwank on the battle boards or for the Storm fans to go nuts CUZ SHEZ DA ALL POWERZFUL GODDESZ OF TEH LIGHTNIN.

I don't want Emma to be an Omega Level. OL Telepath, sure. Full on OL mutant, NO THANKS. There's already enough comparison between her and Jean and this opens the door for more of it, plus possible future Phoenix events, and after AvX, I never wanna see Emma with the damn firebird again.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CitizenBane said:

Juston's Sentinel calls her an Omega-level mutant in Avengers Academy #32, but that could be because of the PF I'm guessing.

No Caption Provided

I would guess so as well. Or it's just miswritten.

Original_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Original_Sin

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

I wouldn't.

First off, it's completely useless. Mr. M is an Omega Level and look at him FFS. It's a stupid title and it's used here mainly to fanwank on the battle boards or for the Storm fans to go nuts CUZ SHEZ DA ALL POWERZFUL GODDESZ OF TEH LIGHTNIN.

I don't want Emma to be an Omega Level. OL Telepath, sure. Full on OL mutant, NO THANKS. There's already enough comparison between her and Jean and this opens the door for more of it, plus possible future Phoenix events, and after AvX, I never wanna see Emma with the damn firebird again.

DID YOUR BRIGHT RED TAG BLIND YOU FROM THE SCRATCH OUT OF "USELESS"?!!!!!! MAKE ME SLAP YOU!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Mercy_

@Original_Sin said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

I wouldn't.

DID YOUR BRIGHT RED TAD BLIND YOU FROM THE SCRATCH OUT OF "USELESS"?!!!!!! MAKE ME SLAP YOU!

BANNED FOR QUESTIONING MY READING COMPREHENSION.

Original_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Original_Sin

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

I wouldn't.

DID YOUR BRIGHT RED TAD BLIND YOU FROM THE SCRATCH OUT OF "USELESS"?!!!!!! MAKE ME SLAP YOU!

I'LL BANN YOU....................FROM EXISTING!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mercy_

@Original_Sin said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

I wouldn't.

Might wanna try and get your spelling under control first.

Original_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Original_Sin

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

I wouldn't.

Might wanna try and get your spelling under control first.

I SEPPLL HOWEVEA I WANNA SPELLZ IGHT! TAKE THIS TO DA STREET!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Blood1991

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

I wouldn't.

Hey I resent that remark! I try so hard to prove we aren't all crazy (;_;)

on a side note Omega is a joke, and your right the more they push her into the PF the more she become like a blond Jean.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Mercy_

@Original_Sin:

No Caption Provided
    Original_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Original_Sin

@Blood1991 said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

I wouldn't.

on a side note Omega is a joke, and your right the more they push her into the PF the more a risk of her being a blond Jean.

She knows this. And believe me the actual Storm fans EASILY stick out from the idiots extra excited ones.

Original_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Original_Sin

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin:

No Caption Provided

If you can click the mouse you can kill me.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Blood1991

@Original_Sin said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Original_Sin said:

I wouldn't.

on a side note Omega is a joke, and your right the more they push her into the PF the more a risk of her being a blond Jean.

She knows this. And believe me the actual Storm fans EASILY stick out from the idiots extra excited ones.

I was mostly joking. Me and Mercy are cool, though I appreciate that others see that we aren't all head cases. Trust me it is hard enough dealing with those loons destroying a character I love without people grouping me in with them.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mercy_

@Original_Sin: I got it :D

Original_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Original_Sin

@Mercy_ said:

It not possible!!! NOT POSSIBLE!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Original_Sin said:

@Mercy_ said:

I got it. So no it isn't. But then again, you're a false idol.

Original_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Original_Sin

@god_spawn said:

@Original_Sin said:

@Mercy_ said:

I got it. So no it isn't. But then again, you're my idol.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Hyperlight

emma has somewhere around the potential of Xavier..... which isnt definite. They are both alpha level mutants correct?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Hyperlight said:

emma has somewhere around the potential of Xavier..... which isnt definite. They are both alpha level mutants correct?

Alpha level mutants, Omega class telepaths.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Hyperlight

@god_spawn: why you a different name to describe an alpha level telpath? why not just call them an alpha level telepath?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Hyperlight: Because she has the power that rivals Omega level mutants with telepathy but she does not possess the unlimited potential that an Omega level has thus making her an alpha level mutant but an omega class telepath. It's all about the semantics.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@White Mage: No, ew she should not be omega. They are just giving out that title like its candy. Dont worry you are not the only who disagrees with this.

Avatar image for legion_kidomega
    Legion_KidOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Legion_KidOmega

I Dunno, its about time that Xavier and Emma got their warranted status boost.

Someone on here mentioned that neither have dont planetary feats, and I know this is all about Emma, but can I point out that Xavier reached Interstellar Galaxies with this telepathy when he shielded the minds of everyone on Earth to stop the Z'nozz Invasion and then touched the mind of Lilandra in the Shi'ar Empire .... if that isn't limitless potential then I'd like you to try that and see how far you get.

I will admit that I'm a big Emma Fan, but I'm still getting back issues with her to see just what she has done telepathically.

Besides, when has Emma needed to communicate with the entire planet?

"Ladies and Gentleman, Mutants and Meatbags, just to advise you that Mutants will be having another catastrophic battle in a city near you, please remain calm and remember, always Dior darling. Thank you and have a pleasant day."

I mean, Marvel has written anything nearly as powerful as things from Xavier's day SINCE making Jean Grey the bloody omnipotent cow that is the Phoenix Host.

Even her daughter lost the Phoenix power and she is classed as an Omega Level Mutant.

Basically, an Omega Level mutant has a limitless potential in power correct?

Someone enlighten me as to just how being one of five of the most powerful telepaths one the planet does not count?

Jean Grey, Kid Omega, Emma Frost, Professor Xavier, Shadow King (Right? Cause I know Rachel is weaker than Xavier telepathically, he mentioned this in AVX recently)

Avatar image for headmistressemmafrost
    HeadMistressEmmaFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually She is an avatar of the phoenix force so she deserves to be an omega mutant

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@HeadMistressEmmaFrost said:

Actually She is an avatar of the phoenix force so she deserves to be an omega mutant

Not anymore. She lost it a week and a half ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.