She's now a confirmed Omega...............

  • 89 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS A SERIOUS ISSUE WITH THIS?!

#2 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

Was this in Uncanny?

#3 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
"

Was this in Uncanny?

"
Dark X-Men.  And I am pissed.
#4 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it now i am going to have to pick this up and this just chaps my ass to see this happen

#5 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
"Damn it now i am going to have to pick this up and this just chaps my ass to see this happen "
She just says it in a straight forward statement.  She's calling out Mystique, and just mentions it.  It has nothing to do with the plot.  She confirms Xavier as well. 
#6 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
"@dreadmaster said:
"Damn it now i am going to have to pick this up and this just chaps my ass to see this happen "
She just says it in a straight forward statement.  She's calling out Mystique, and just mentions it.  It has nothing to do with the plot.  She confirms Xavier as well.  "

Who wrote it?
#7 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

What Utopia issue is it?

1 or 2

#8 Posted by danhimself (22448 posts) - - Show Bio

how have you read Dark X-men already?

#9 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
"What Utopia issue is it?1 or 2"

He just said Dark X-Men
#10 Posted by SUNMAN (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone have a scan. Not that I don't believe you guys but, this sounds a little too much.

#11 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
" @Darkchild said:
"What Utopia issue is it?1 or 2"
He just said Dark X-Men "
DarkXmen dont have their own comic yet. Which is why im furthering the question you answered
#12 Posted by danhimself (22448 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Darkchild said:
"What Utopia issue is it?1 or 2"
He just said Dark X-Men "
DarkXmen dont have their own comic yet. Which is why im furthering the question you answered"

the first issue doesn't come out till July 8th and the preview is only 9 pages and doesn't show emma at all
#13 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by danhimself (22448 posts) - - Show Bio

that's not Dark X-men it's Uncanny and she's says "Omega Class Telepaths" not "Omega Mutants"....big difference

#15 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I was mistaken.  I was looking at something different when I replied.  Apologies for any confusion. 

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why it would matter in any case.

Moderator
#17 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the difference? Omega or not, just been a psychic is already a super powerful skill so I don't see what's the big deal.. IMO, I think everyone saw it coming from a long time all she did was just make it official.


#18 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
" I don't get why it would matter in any case. "
People use stuff like this in the battle forums. You should realize that by now. We already have an Emma (Omega) vs. Xavier (Omega) thread.
#19 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Buckshot said:
" I don't get why it would matter in any case. "
People use stuff like this in the battle forums. You should realize that by now. We already have an Emma (Omega) vs. Xavier (Omega) thread.
"
Precisely the reason why I hate this with everything in my soul.
#20 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
" @White Mage said:
"@dreadmaster said:
"Damn it now i am going to have to pick this up and this just chaps my ass to see this happen "
She just says it in a straight forward statement.  She's calling out Mystique, and just mentions it.  It has nothing to do with the plot.  She confirms Xavier as well.  "
Who wrote it? "
MATT FRACTION
Moderator
#21 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Omega just a title?

#22 Posted by danhimself (22448 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she meant that she was an Omega Mutant just that she was an Omega Telepath....I see a difference in the 2 titles

#23 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @dreadmaster said:
" @White Mage said:
"@dreadmaster said:
"Damn it now i am going to have to pick this up and this just chaps my ass to see this happen "
She just says it in a straight forward statement.  She's calling out Mystique, and just mentions it.  It has nothing to do with the plot.  She confirms Xavier as well.  "
Who wrote it? "
MATT FRACTION
"
Burn him  at the stake.
#24 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" @pixelized said:
" @dreadmaster said:
" @White Mage said:
"@dreadmaster said:
"Damn it now i am going to have to pick this up and this just chaps my ass to see this happen "
She just says it in a straight forward statement.  She's calling out Mystique, and just mentions it.  It has nothing to do with the plot.  She confirms Xavier as well.  "
Who wrote it? "
MATT FRACTION
"
Burn him  at the stake. "
Please & Thank You
Moderator
#25 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"I don't think she meant that she was an Omega Mutant just that she was an Omega Telepath....I see a difference in the 2 titles "

I was thing a similar thing.
#26 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @danhimself said:
"I don't think she meant that she was an Omega Mutant just that she was an Omega Telepath....I see a difference in the 2 titles "
I was thing a similar thing. "
How could there be a difference?
#27 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes but it doesn't actually change anything. Their psychic feats don't get +50 holy damage now. Calling them "omega" doesn't make them better. Other than the fact that it's just a silly label, the label itself (in their word) signifies no increase in ability. Anyone who is an omega always was, you just didn't know it.

Moderator
#28 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
" Yes but it doesn't actually change anything. Their psychic feats don't get +50 holy damage now. Calling them "omega" doesn't make them better. Other than the fact that it's just a silly label, the label itself (in their word) signifies no increase in ability. Anyone who is an omega always was, you just didn't know it. "
For me, it takes away from her past feats.
#29 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

WHERES YOUR GOD NOW!?

#30 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
" Yes but it doesn't actually change anything. Their psychic feats don't get +50 holy damage now. Calling them "omega" doesn't make them better. Other than the fact that it's just a silly label, the label itself (in their word) signifies no increase in ability. Anyone who is an omega always was, you just didn't know it. "
Agreed. I mean look at Iceman. He is always getting beat by non-omegas.
#31 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" Isn't Omega just a title? "
Correct.

@White Mage said:
" @Buckshot said:
" Yes but it doesn't actually change anything. Their psychic feats don't get +50 holy damage now. Calling them "omega" doesn't make them better. Other than the fact that it's just a silly label, the label itself (in their word) signifies no increase in ability. Anyone who is an omega always was, you just didn't know it. "
For me, it takes away from her past feats. "
Why?
Moderator
#32 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
" Yes but it doesn't actually change anything. Their psychic feats don't get +50 holy damage now."
Well, duh. Emma obviously gains +50 shadow damage now.
#33 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
@White Mage said:
" @Buckshot said:
" Yes but it doesn't actually change anything. Their psychic feats don't get +50 holy damage now. Calling them "omega" doesn't make them better. Other than the fact that it's just a silly label, the label itself (in their word) signifies no increase in ability. Anyone who is an omega always was, you just didn't know it. "
For me, it takes away from her past feats. "
Why?
"
It was one thing to see some (I think the name is Alpha) Alpha-level mutant with vast powers, that stood out mainly because of her excellent skills with said powers.  But thinking of her with unlimited potential in the psychic field takes away from the "Underdog" aspect of her character.

Xavier being Omega-class is also annoying for me.
#34 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, it's the fact that characters with small hints of vast power suddenly being declared Omega just so that they can get a popularity/importance boost.  If Magneto were declared Omega-class, I wouldn't be surprised at all.  Everyone has seen the powers he possesses/uses, and, more importantly, obvious showings of what he can do with them.  Emma always stayed at a Cyclops-ish level of power.  She was powerful, but had obvious weaknesses.  But now, she's omega-class, and yet, no one ever even hinted at it.  It's ridiculous.

#35 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma could have been like, trying to scare Mystique or something? - but saying she was an omega telepath

I don't know

#36 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
"AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS A SERIOUS ISSUE WITH THIS?! "
Nope.

She's done absolutely nothing to merit Omega status.

But hey, its Matt Fraction.  His X-Men is pretty much established as suck defined anyhow.
#37 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" Emma could have been like, trying to scare Mystique or something? - but saying she was an omega telepathI don't know "
That's not fear quote.  It's a backup statement.  "Omega-level telepaths can sniff each other out".  She's saying Xavier is so powerful (and she is too) to where they would recognize each other rather easily.  Thus, her being able to call out Mystique. 
#38 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a power graph anywhere? I feel like Marvel needs to straighten that all out.

#39 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

come on people!

you know Emma...she likes to pretend.
She likes to pretend she is blonde when she is not
She likes to pretend she is a queen when she is not
She likes to pretend she likes black langerie when she in fact she doesn't want to wear one in the first place ;-P

so let her be dillusional that she is really an omega telepath....

#40 Posted by Son Of Storm (11262 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" @pixelized said:
" @dreadmaster said:
" @White Mage said:
"@dreadmaster said:
"Damn it now i am going to have to pick this up and this just chaps my ass to see this happen "
She just says it in a straight forward statement.  She's calling out Mystique, and just mentions it.  It has nothing to do with the plot.  She confirms Xavier as well.  "
Who wrote it? "
MATT FRACTION
"
Burn him  at the stake. "
WOW Y do ppl hate him so much?
#41 Posted by G-w-D (547 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm agreeing with the Posters that think that theres a Difference between Omega class Telepaths and Omega Level mutants.
 
Probably an Omega Class telepath is a Telepath that has Mastered the use and field of TP basically trained and developed their abilities to a masterfull degree, Which would make people Like Emma and Xavier omega class and  people like Karma, the Cuckoo's and Blindfold  who have yet to master the art lesser classes

it's the only Logical explanation, the writers really can't be claiming that she is an Omega level Telepathic mutant considering those guys have pulled Feats like stop time with their TP, destroyed Matter at  a thought, Thoughts at the speed of light and Planet wide mind comunication (Without cerebro)

#42 Edited by Aheld92 (100 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X said:
"come on people!you know Emma...she likes to pretend.She likes to pretend she is blonde when she is notShe likes to pretend she is a queen when she is notShe likes to pretend she likes black langerie when she in fact she doesn't want to wear one in the first place ;-Pso let her be dillusional that she is really an omega telepath...."

My thoughts exactly, honestly, i love emma but i think she has some serious mentel issues that need to be worked out LOL
#43 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-w-D said:
"I'm agreeing with the Posters that think that theres a Difference between Omega class Telepaths and Omega Level mutants. Probably an Omega Class telepath is a Telepath that has Mastered the use and field of TP basically trained and developed their abilities to a masterfull degree, Which would make people Like Emma and Xavier omega class and  people like Karma, the Cuckoo's and Blindfold  who have yet to master the art lesser classesit's the only Logical explanation, the writers really can't be claiming that she is an Omega level Telepathic mutant considering those guys have pulled Feats like stop time with their TP, destroyed Matter at  a thought, Thoughts at the speed of light and Planet wide mind comunication (Without cerebro) "
....................................................again, if we go with this B.S., then there is now a window for omega-level everything.  It's stupid as hell, and to make matters worse, she was somewhat clear with what she was talking about.  So, again, I hate Fraction. 
#44 Posted by G-w-D (547 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
"@G-w-D said:
"I'm agreeing with the Posters that think that theres a Difference between Omega class Telepaths and Omega Level mutants. Probably an Omega Class telepath is a Telepath that has Mastered the use and field of TP basically trained and developed their abilities to a masterfull degree, Which would make people Like Emma and Xavier omega class and  people like Karma, the Cuckoo's and Blindfold  who have yet to master the art lesser classesit's the only Logical explanation, the writers really can't be claiming that she is an Omega level Telepathic mutant considering those guys have pulled Feats like stop time with their TP, destroyed Matter at  a thought, Thoughts at the speed of light and Planet wide mind comunication (Without cerebro) "
....................................................again, if we go with this B.S., then there is now a window for omega-level everything.  It's stupid as hell, and to make matters worse, she was somewhat clear with what she was talking about.  So, again, I hate Fraction.  "

It's Not BS the concept of Omega level could be a good one, It's Just the writers don't respect it or Understand it  even  
#45 Edited by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-w-D said:
" @White Mage said:
"@G-w-D said:
"I'm agreeing with the Posters that think that theres a Difference between Omega class Telepaths and Omega Level mutants. Probably an Omega Class telepath is a Telepath that has Mastered the use and field of TP basically trained and developed their abilities to a masterfull degree, Which would make people Like Emma and Xavier omega class and  people like Karma, the Cuckoo's and Blindfold  who have yet to master the art lesser classesit's the only Logical explanation, the writers really can't be claiming that she is an Omega level Telepathic mutant considering those guys have pulled Feats like stop time with their TP, destroyed Matter at  a thought, Thoughts at the speed of light and Planet wide mind comunication (Without cerebro) "
....................................................again, if we go with this B.S., then there is now a window for omega-level everything.  It's stupid as hell, and to make matters worse, she was somewhat clear with what she was talking about.  So, again, I hate Fraction.  "
It's Not BS the concept of Omega level could be a good one, It's Just the writers don't respect it or Understand it  even   "


Agreed. As others have mentioned, I just dont think the the word should be used to describe Emma. It implies that she has a crap load of raw power in terms of telepathy and most of her past feats have involved her advanced skills in the use of her telepathy, not her raw power. I think it undermines how capable and skilled she is because people read that and assume she is on the same power scale as Xavier. She may be very advanced in terms of her skill, but when it comes to raw psychic power, Xavier is supposed to be ahead of her.

Now, because of the way psychic powers work, she could still probably "sniff" out Xavier, just because of how powerful he is, I feel something like that should have been said instead, but thats just me. I love Fraction and his continuity changes :/
#46 Posted by Mar-Vell, Cosmic Badass (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:
Ok wow it pisses you off so much just because it interupts your geeky battle forums. wow
#47 Posted by jeangreyemmafrost (125 posts) - - Show Bio

shes not




im confused




and please dddddddddooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttttttttttttt

#48 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe this is even being debated.

I like Fraction, enough, but he has been pulling somethings out from the sky.

I initially thought when I read the comic that she was referring to Michael Pointer who if I am not mistaken is confirmed to be an Omega class mutant much like Gabriel Summers who also absorbed a massive dose of Mutant Energies Wanda unleashed.

I love everything Emma but she is NO Omega neither is Charles thou he does beat her in power  for the Alpha status that they share. That being said she is very skilled in the use of her TP to get the drop on Xavier and outmaneuver Rachel who is an Omega but doesn't have the skills Emma has acquired over time.

I also agree that by classifying her as such it not only proves that the writer and editor are not paying attention or lack knowledge of the characters but that it takes away from Frost.
 

#49 Posted by G-w-D (547 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
Quentin Quire is called an Omega level telepath, and we know this is because he is an omega level mutant, not because of any skill level he has.

  People are getting annoyed because endsong pretty much confirmed that most the Xmen present (including Emma) are not omega anything."


NO not definatly,    You say that QQ was proof that an Omega class telepath is an Omega level mutant, you're forgetting that QQ a powerfull telepath not only was he a Confirmed Omega but he was also a trained Telepath by Xavier himself

 

So it's Stll possible that what Emma meant when she called herself and Xavier a Omega class telepath is that they are masters of TP it could be the mutant equivilent of getting a Dotorate in aBranch of learning  

#50 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

doesnt surprise me most people often underestimate her and now they can sit here and look stupid but seriously lol this is hilarious..XDD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.