She's Hideous.

• 69 results
#1 Edited by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Wolverine: X-Men cartoon series.
She's gauntly and pale and it looks like she's going to slip out of her skin and start walking around as a diamond skeleton.

So what do you think of Emma anyways?
Do you honestly think she's the hottest?
Blond's are terribly over rated.

#2 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

She's over rated and needs to be a villein again. 

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I love emma, immensely.

#4 Posted by bobbydr (64 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she looks awesome in the cartoon and totally in line with her character. Her whole appearance is haughty, stuck up, and unapproachable. I think it works for her.

#5 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@Watch Dog said:
" She's over rated and needs to be a villein again.  "
Give me like, the best comics or best few arcs as her as a villan. I've never read them :{
#6 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@bobbydr said:
" I think she looks awesome in the cartoon and totally in line with her character. Her whole appearance is haughty, stuck up, and unapproachable. I think it works for her. "
Yes but she's ugly and her "thing" is being the hottest woman in marvel.
#7 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to hate her with a passion, but she has grown on me a little bit. Still not my favorite though.

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was going to be yet another hate thread, but it's just about Wolverine & the X-Men... And I have to agree to some extent.  She looks so gaunt.  If she's so rich, then she could afford a decent meal once in a while...  The pointy nose, chin and pronounced cheekbones make her look old :(

Wolverine & The X-Men: Emma Frost

#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

"Gaunt"

that's the exact word i used in one of the threads about the show. We so vibe XK
#10 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, I don't think she looks THAT bad in the cartoon; maybe too skinny, but she's supposed to be a slightly-older debutant kinda woman.

As far as blonds being overrated...well, opinions being what they are and all, I have to DISagree. I was with a brunette for a year, and it was terrible. One night with a blond changed everything around. Perhaps it was more the women the hair was attached to, but all I know is, my own personal Angel has blond hair... ;)

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Its the style of the cartoon. I mean for a cartoon she looks hot I guess.

#12 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I forgot to give my over-all opinion on Emma! I think she's hot, she's supposed to be hot (drawn that way or otherwise), she's suppsoed to be seen as a gorgeous, untouchable older woman. She's probably a good ten years older than Cyclops and Jean Grey, so I'm sure at least a little bit of her appeal is the "Sexy older chick" thing. I know it works for me...

#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" "Gaunt"

that's the exact word i used in one of the threads about the show. We so vibe XK"
It's scary, like you have a back door into my brain ;)

As for the style of the show, I do like it.  Just not Emma's over-all anorexic look.  I'm not sure why all the girls have a line across the bridge of their noses.  Perhaps it's to make them look cuter?  But it makes me think they've all had their noses broken at some point :p
#14 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd hit it.

^_^

#15 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio

I just like the fact that she is in the show.... not so crazy about the animation but it's ok.....

#16 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

yo id tear that up

#17 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

chris i luv that pic u have gorgeous, and emma is beautiful on the outside and.......well thats it lol XDD

#18 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
""Gaunt"

that's the exact word i used in one of the threads about the show. We so vibe XK
"

I find it werid how her power manifestation is created into the same form Havok's helmet was......
#19 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
" chris i luv that pic u have gorgeous, and emma is beautiful on the outside and.......well thats it lol XDD "
yea thats true :)
#20 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke > emma

#21 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex said:
"Psylocke > emma"

oh, no no nooooooooooooooo
#22 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" @pixelized said:
""Gaunt"

"
I find it werid how her power manifestation is created into the same form Havok's helmet was...... "
LOl, yeah, even that's ugly too.

#23 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally can't trust Emma.
ever.

#24 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris said:
" yo id tear that up "

@Zoom said:
" I'd hit it.^_^ "

#25 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales said:
" I personally can't trust Emma.ever. "
she could change that
#26 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: How?
#27 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

she's a telepath!

#28 Edited by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales said:
true she has this thing about her you could never trust i dont know but its what makes her a great villian and she is the white queen or black queen after all now i think that she might betray osborn somehow we dont even know her true  motives yet
#29 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

then she could just make me trust her...crafty...and very distrustful...

#30 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris said:
" @Aronmorales said:
true she has this thing about her you could never trust i dont know but its what makes her a great villian and she is the white queen or black queen after all now i think that she might betray osborn somehow we dont even know her true  motives yet "
She's not the white queen nor the black queen. 

@Aronmorales said:
" then she could just make me trust her...crafty...and very distrustful... "
you wouldn't ever know it happened!
#31 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Omg chris said:
" @Aronmorales said:
true she has this thing about her you could never trust i dont know but its what makes her a great villian and she is the white queen or black queen after all now i think that she might betray osborn somehow we dont even know her true  motives yet "

i recall that she called her self that
#32 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: That's true...so it would be like I never even distrusted her from the beginning...
#33 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris said:
" @pixelized said:
" @Omg chris said:
" @Aronmorales said:

i recall that she called her self that "
Back when she was in the Hellfire club.

@Aronmorales said:
" @pixelized: That's true...so it would be like I never even distrusted her from the beginning... "
Exactly.
#34 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd much rather prefer getting to know her first.

#35 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales said:
" I'd much rather prefer getting to know her first. "
she'd give you the chance, because she's trustworthy!
#36 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" I love emma, immensely. "

#37 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Emma uses her powers to cast the illusion that she's more attractive than she really is. Look at early pics of her compared to after she manifested her mind control powers, she wasn't as "sexy" back then.

#38 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" I think Emma uses her powers to cast the illusion that she's more attractive than she really is. Look at early pics of her compared to after she manifested her mind control powers, she wasn't as "sexy" back then. "
she had surgery. And she's been a telepath since she was 16
#39 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, right on. And sorry, I was mistaken. It was her diamond skin that developed later on. I've honestly haven't read much but the early Hellfire stuff she was in and the recent Dark Reign stuff. :P 

#40 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, there's tons of character history in between, she's amazing!

#41 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18818 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want her to come back... lol

#42 Posted by Vindellavon (425 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her on the show.

... I may be the only one, it seems.

#43 Posted by bobbydr (64 posts) - - Show Bio

No. I love her on the show too. I can see why some people find her appearance to be strange on the show but I think it is totally in keeping with the character. Emma is supposed to look unattainable, and I think she looks that way on the show. Many mainstream models aren't found to be physically attractive by the general public but they definitely have a general aesthetic appeal that draws designers towards using them. I think that is what they were going for with the way Emma looks, or maybe I am reading way too much into it.

#44 Posted by The Psyentist (16362 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww...I love Emma Frost. In the tv shows or otherwise.

#45 Posted by Vindellavon (425 posts) - - Show Bio
@bobbydr said:
"No. I love her on the show too. I can see why some people find her appearance to be strange on the show but I think it is totally in keeping with the character. Emma is supposed to look unattainable, and I think she looks that way on the show. Many mainstream models aren't found to be physically attractive by the general public but they definitely have a general aesthetic appeal that draws designers towards using them. I think that is what they were going for with the way Emma looks, or maybe I am reading way too much into it. "

If people were starting to watch just for the sex appeal, then they're screwed. It is a children's telly show, after all. The physical attraction of the situation may have been toned down, but the complete Emma-ness (this includes the madame bitch-face complex) is still there. She's still hardcore, and doesn't seem to get along with Pryde.
#46 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vindellavon: Well said.
#47 Posted by Vindellavon (425 posts) - - Show Bio
@Drafta:  Thank you. 

However, I do have to say, even for a children's program the costume designs were a bit... revealing. 

For example:

And this is just ONE shot, there are much more... Appealing ones that may just attract the male portion of the population. I guess this was the best they could tone it down.
#48 Posted by War Killer (19952 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Emma

#49 Posted by Vindellavon (425 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer:  Me too. :)
#50 Posted by Diamondhardskin (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Emma in Wolverine and the X-Men! What's so bad about her? I do agree she is quite skinny but her face is perfect I think. Cold and cunning. Her voice actress is also spot on!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.