Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Possible altered powers?

Linore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linore
    Avatar image for bansheesonicscream
    bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

telekinesis,illusions or even see the future

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By doddy

Her main mutant powers remain – hotness and awesomeness.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GonnaRain

The TP/TK "combo" is too common, even is she was shown to have the capability to develop TK, I would prefer to see her TP get a major boost.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crimsonlord53

No no no no no no to TK if marvel did that they might as well have her dye her hair red and start wearing green contact lenses.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

Outside of her Diamond form, she mutates into a huge Caliban-like monster with super strength, while maintaining all of her intelligence and temperament.

Think about the effects this would have on her character. Someone as obsessed with appearances as her? Oh, this would do great and terrible things to her.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GonnaRain

Since she won't have access to her TP for some time, I'm guessing they'll probably alter her Diamond Form in some way, give her some kind of a boost. But TP is her real trademark power, I really want to see her becoming an even more powerful Telepath than she already is.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By doddy

I guess (and hope) after the PF thing her power was altered (actually boosted) but Emma doesn’t know how to use it, so she believed that she lost it… she still possesses her TP but just doesn’t realize it.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By StormyWeather

@Crimsonlord53: very true!!! i so agree even tho tk is probably the best power to have lol

@GonnaRain: i 2nd that, even tho Psylocke would be the next best telepath i never saw her as being as powerful as Emma, i mean with all the changes Psylocke's powers went thru

i'd prefer to see her telepathy get a boost

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

If she get TK Ima be really pist.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

i dont know where they said this but emma has a low level tk.....it could go higher.....if it wasnt for her diamond form she would just have tk and tp thanks to cassandra nova

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GonnaRain

She once levitated some small objects while having a nightmare. And on one occasion Synch did use Telekinesis when synched to Emma's abilities.

She does have the potential to develop TK, it was shown, and stated multiple times if I'm not mistaken, but I'm guessing that, since it was some time ago, they lot interest or something.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By doddy

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

Emma does have TK (potential). read Gen X 19.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@GonnaRain said:

She once levitated some small objects while having a nightmare. And on one occasion Synch did use Telekinesis when synched to Emma's abilities.

She does have the potential to develop TK, it was shown, and stated multiple times if I'm not mistaken, but I'm guessing that, since it was some time ago, they lot interest or something.

@doddy said:

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

All humans have tk potential in Marvel, it's why magic users can levitate, it can be developed through training. That does not mean she has it as part of her mutation.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DarkDay

Personally if I can't have TP back. I'd like for her Diamond form to develop further and increase in strength. Her durability is already crazy, but if she gains the ability to get into a slugfest with the Hulk I think it could be pretty interesting characterwise. Especially seeing as Emma tends to be the brains of most situations. Her having to adapt to life as a bruiser would be kind of fun.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GonnaRain

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@GonnaRain said:

@doddy said:

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

All humans have tk potential in Marvel, it's why magic users can levitate, it can be developed through training. That does not mean she has it as part of her mutation.

Where was it told? Not that I don't believe you, but it's actually quite interesting and I would like to read further myself.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@GonnaRain said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@GonnaRain said:

@doddy said:

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

Where was it told? Not that I don't believe you, but it's actually quite interesting and I would like to read further myself.

It was in a Dr, Strange bio from an official handbook I had years ago, magic users get power from 3 different sources, invocation, tapping ambient mystical energy and the development of personal powers (psi powers) it also is explained when Rick Jones got powers it was due to the latent psionic potential all humans have being tapped, and it is the reason Mooddragon has psi powers.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By doddy

read gen x 19 again

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By doddy

and in gen 40 synch levitated several objects after synched emma's powers. no matter whether all humans have tk potential or not, Emma does, i personally don't care about it (tp and diamond form are enough for her) but it's a given

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GonnaRain

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@GonnaRain said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@GonnaRain said:

@doddy said:

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

It was in a Dr, Strange bio from an official handbook I had years ago, magic users get power from 3 different sources, invocation, tapping ambient mystical energy and the development of personal powers (psi powers) it also is explained when Rick Jones got powers it was due to the latent psionic potential all humans have being tapped, and it is the reason Mooddragon has psi powers.

Thank you! Does that handbook have a specific name or something? I would love to look it up myself, it sounds really interesting, more so if it's about Dr. Strange.

Anyways, humans may have the potential to develop said powers, but I guess the difference here is that Emma already somewhat "developed" them. Since she already used them in the past.

Still, I really wish they forgot all about it, I really can't see Emma as another Telekitenic.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By doddy

i actually don't like to see emma as a telekinetic either

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@doddy said:

and in gen 40 synch levitated several objects after synched emma's powers. no matter whether all humans have tk potential or not, Emma does, i personally don't care about it (tp and diamond form are enough for her) but it's a given

But all humans do and she is still human, and since developing a secondary mutation that has nothing to do with psi power we know taht any tk potential she may or may not have has nothing to do with being a mutant, and then there is the fact the we know that Jean Grey can transfer her tk to others, she did to Betsy and to Emma, Emma could have simply been riding on a residual tk wave considering she never displayed tk before Jeans transfer. And then of course it's just bad writing, considering there were times when Xavier was shown mind blasting and destroying Sentinels, her showing any sign of psi outside of telepathy is not consistent enough to be anything more than a fluke.

@GonnaRain said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@GonnaRain said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@GonnaRain said:

@doddy said:

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

Thank you! Does that handbook have a specific name or something? I would love to look it up myself, it sounds really interesting, more so if it's about Dr. Strange.

Anyways, humans may have the potential to develop said powers, but I guess the difference here is that Emma already somewhat "developed" them. Since she already used them in the past.

Still, I really wish they forgot all about it, I really can't see Emma as another Telekitenic.

It was the official marvel handbook from the 80s.

IMO it should be easier for a telepath like Emma to tap that potential because as a telepath she is tapped into the astral plane and tk comes from there too as shown when the psi wave shut down Jeans tp and tk.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By doddy

@LordOfAllHumans:

I still can’t get your point –you actually agree that she has TP potential, so what’s the problem I said that she’s a potential telekinetic? No matter how she got it, due to Jean Grey or whatever, it’s appeared in actual books and it’s canon. In my opinion, Synch levitating objects after synched Emma's powers indicated that TP was related to her mutation. Whether it’s so-called bad writing or retcon depends on readers’ interpretation.

That’s why I found it ridiculous that stating Emma possessing TP after her recent power adjustment was “really pist”. Before Morrison’s NXM if someone told me that Emma was able to turn her body into diamond I would laugh at him, but now diamond form is her iconic power.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.