Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6151 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Poor Emma

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

Here's the preview of Uncanny X-Men #2, that is gonna be Emma-centric... And she seems a little out of her head http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=48876

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Hmmmm I have a feeling that Emma might turn out to be a villain in the near future. All that spite and self-blame doesn't usually lead to anything good in comics lol.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Daycrawler

I reeeaaallly want her to kick the crap out of Tony Stark. I like how Bendis is handling the whole faulty / reduced powers thing. Looking forward to this issue.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By doddy

i guess that makes her on the Angel side.

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lokheit

That preview gives me hopes she and Scott can be together again. They're my favorite couple in comics ever (and 2 of my 3 favorite characters), they can't split them! U.U

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

What was it you told me about that scene again?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_

I think that scene's pretty spot-on to Emma.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

Interesting. Seems her personality is flickering as much as her powers. Maybe Bendis did some research or looked at fan reactions for the first issue and edited some, but that was surprisingly accurate. I do hope her telepathy comes back soon.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991 said:

Interesting. Seems her personality is flickering as much as her powers. Maybe Bendis did some research or looked at fan reactions for the first issue and edited some, but that was surprisingly accurate. I do hope her telepathy comes back soon.

I think soon is going to decide whether he has her dialogue down or not. With UXM out and ANXM will be involving Cyclops's team in upcoming issues, it might be crunch time to see what he can do when he is pushing out both books now 4 times a month.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991 said:

I think soon is going to decide whether he has her dialogue down or not. With UXM out and ANXM will be involving Cyclops's team in upcoming issues, it might be crunch time to see what he can do when he is pushing out both books now 4 times a month.

2 for 2 on Bendis. We'll see with All New, but I doubt we get much. Uncanny though looks promising I might pick it up.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: Cyclops doing this was awesome.

No Caption Provided
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: Cyclops doing this was awesome.

No Caption Provided

Lol for a minute I though that thing was coming out his nose. I like that they altered it more now. We actually see some interesting contrast between him and his teen self both personality wise and power wise.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: You should have seen the entire area he leveled.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: You should have seen the entire area he leveled.

I'm still trying to figure out where Marvel is taking him power wise. Is it the wider range, or does he actually have more power?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: More about less control from what Magneto said. When he opened his blasts in ANXM they were stronger but straight forward. When he unleashed them in UXM, they went everywhere. Seemingly stronger, more out of control, and attacked in an omnidirectional way. But that could have been due to the new visor.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: More about less control from what Magneto said. When he opened his blasts in ANXM they were stronger but straight forward. When he unleashed them in UXM, they went everywhere. Seemingly stronger, more out of control, and attacked in an omnidirectional way. But that could have been due to the new visor.

He beat off Young Scott, but I'm not sure how much force he put into it versus current Scott who doesn't have any fine control. Bendis gets to shape their powers.... Oh joy.....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: For the most part, their powers are the same. It will be interesting to see what happens with current Scott, because he seems back to day one. One blast from him now leveled the immediate area, made a 20-30 foot deep crater in the ground, oblitered a dozen sentinels, and cracked and destroyed parts of the outer lying buildings and all of this spanned a city parking lot and a bit beyond as even rooftops were cracked. But this one shot completely drained him.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lykopis

Hate it.

Hate it.

Even Jean "Gray"'s name is spelled wrong.

Told her students to not play with fire if they didn't want to get burnt? Betrayed the man she loved? Despite there always being an open door in his mind when it comes to Jean? Scott truly loved her? Then that comment about the silence driving her mad?

Uhm --- when it came to saving Utopia from Wolverine, just what did he say? What was said to him that made his "lose his shit"? And who saved Utopia by liquidating all her assets -- leaving her penniless?

Sorry.. Not buying it. Emma does NOT "do" guilt. Emma does not "do" self-pity.

Contrary to what it might appear on here with my posts, I still hope Bendis will do good by Emma but nope. Clearly not happening.

(edited to add: **vomit**)

Ceddsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ceddsong

I have issues with that scene as well. But my main complaint is the "affair". It's crystal clear that Marvel forced that affair into existence so Scott would appear less like a grossly powerful, power mad character who chokes his girlfriend for power and more like a sympathetic character.Oh poor Scott she betrayed his trust, he couldn't help himself, he had to let her know how much she hurt him. However, I don't feel bad for him. Her cheating is not grounds for choking your girlfriend and her taking the blame upon herself is repulsive. Additionally all her interactions with Namor prior to the P5 were flirtatious at most but certainly not sexual or grounds for an affair. It bothers me that Marvel is turning her into a self blaming victim. Also if Scott can't be blamed for his actions as the Dark Phoenix then she should be spared any villainizing for having a dirty thought. It's all very inorganic and somewhat tasteless.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Veitha

The worst thing is that he's Pretty much copied my dialogue lol ;) www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/dark-x-men-prologue/700361/

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I'm on the fence with Bendis and his writing for Emma Frost. He's definitely going to change the character, I mean he writes her as basically being a different person. She hated who she was and she wants to change for the better (even though I liked the WhiteQueen Emma better). I don't like how she feels pity for herself. This is Emma Frost we're talking about, she does not act like this, and if she did she would not show it. THAT BEING SAID. I do however like that her and Cyclops are no longer an item (for now I think they should get back together in the future). But for now I want Bendis to work on Emma and making her an individual again, and no that doesn't mean make her soft and loving. I want to see the sassy and snobby yet classy and fierce, the Emma who cares for her students, I want to see the Emma we saw in New X-Men, or Academy X, the one who trained the Hellions back in the day. So, here's to hoping and I hope that her character gets back into her old days, pre-Cyclops. And then maybe just maybe she can take the abusive sob back.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Hate it.

Hate it.

Told her students to not play with fire if they didn't want to get burnt? Betrayed the man she loved? Despite there always being an open door in his mind when it comes to Jean? Scott truly loved her? Then that comment about the silence driving her mad?

Uhm --- when it came to saving Utopia from Wolverine, just what did he say? What was said to him that made his "lose his shit"? And who saved Utopia by liquidating all her assets -- leaving her penniless?

Contrary to what it might appear on here with my posts, I still hope Bendis will do good by Emma but nope. Clearly not happening.

maybe self-pity and doubt is part of growing up

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@lykopis said:

Hate it.

Hate it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lykopis

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@lykopis said:

Hate it.

Hate it.

maybe self-pity and doubt is part of growing up

Growing up?

Emma does not need to "grow up." She has done self-pity and doubt. Take a look at her 18 issue run and it's all there.

So it's a "been there -- done that" type deal. So, this Emma fan ain't buying it.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By Ren_

I liked it.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Darkmount1

I would love it if, in one issue, one of the characters just stops what they're doing, turns to US, and then quits. That would be funny, AND satisfying. Emma would be one of those characters who could do it.

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Emma indeed.

She has been written by Bendis for over two years now, and there's no end in sight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.