New Look At Emma Frost in Empire's New X-Men: First Class Covers!

#1 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30533

#2 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

They butchered her White Queen outfit... Bleh. :/

#3 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should have used the corset tbh

#4 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.. mystique looks rather.... horrible on that picture >_>

#5 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
" Wow.. mystique looks rather.... horrible on that picture >_> "
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89 said:
" I think they should have used the corset tbh "
I agree.  The bra & mini skirt makes her look like a wannabe dancer in a rap video.  The corset would also allow the actress a little more freedom (ie she wouldn't have to constantly hold her stomach in).
#7 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:   Not only that but i think it would have looked a lot better visually as it would look more like a costume than underwear.  I can understand them not wanting to go with the thong and corset but they could have gone with something along the lines of the costume she has on some of the covers of Second Coming and X-Men vol3 issue 1 personally i think that would have looked better on screen.  On the other hand we have seen she has atleast to costumes during the film, and i'm guessing she will have a lot more than that so who knows maybe we will get something that looks a little closer to the comics.  (we already have a version of her Gen X costume.)
#8 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW what do people think to her costume in uncanny 534.1?  I think its possible her best yet

#9 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89 said:

" BTW what do people think to her costume in uncanny 534.1?  I think its possible her best yet "

wow, that's out of this world!!! <3<3<3
but i think her white version of dark x-men costume, which will appear in uncanny 535 is wonderful too
#10 Posted by Jake Fury (18319 posts) - - Show Bio

January Jones is lovely.
#11 Edited by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but those outfits are really terrible 
really really bad 
@uncanny89:
agreed! 
it's a great blend of her original look and her newer ones 
I'm a big fan of it so far

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (37584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
"January Jones is lovely. "

Hell yeah she is.
#13 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like the looks in the movie.... 
January Jines can work Emma Frost anytime!
#14 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (678 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the picture is cropped and all but Is it me or does it look like on the cover of the magazine Magneto is reaching for Azazel's crotch and then on the centerfold Magneto is doing a SURPISE BUTTSECK!! to Azazel?
#15 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

She's suppose to have more costumes she said. -_- 

There is one e with the cape,and i believe it has the matching corset to go along with it.Overall though Emma looks really pretty in this movie,slutty but pretty.

#16 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio

emma‘s costume!

#17 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't like it. The cape works. I would like the thong simply because that's the Hellfire look, but I wouldn't expect a PG-13 movie with characters prancing around in one. The corset is really what it needs, not a sparkly bra. Plus the skirt looks like a fuzzy lamp shade. Not a fan of this look. 

But January Jones does play her quite lovely. :)
#18 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio
@doddy said:
" emma‘s costume!

"
the boots are fine, the skirt fabric doesn't look right and the feathers don't translate well and her cape fabric is too light looks like tissue

If the make the corset longer this costume could've translated well
#19 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnSabahNurX: 
photoshoped a corset on it 

#20 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

MEH. I am underwhelmed to say the least

#21 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG now I soooooo have to bedazzle one of my bras!
#22 Posted by HexThis (890 posts) - - Show Bio

The bottom half is nice, I like the way the boots look like they're clasped to a retro girdle and I like the idea of the skirt but it needs a belt or something. The feathery cape is fine but I think the brazier makes it look like a Victoria's Secret number which is not what Emma needs. The hair is kind of nice, it's sort of refined mod (reminds me a bit of Honor Blackman) but she needs false lashes or something.

#23 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio
@doddy said:
" @EnSabahNurX: 
photoshoped a corset on it 

"
lol this looks better
#24 Posted by mario_nblc (116 posts) - - Show Bio

not impressed
#25 Posted by Enyalios (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not impressed by anything about this movie.  I stopped taking any of the X-Men movies seriously when Cyclops continued to be a background character on a team he helped found.  I stopped paying attention to it all together when Storm (of all people) asked Wolverine to lead the X-Men.  Fox butchered this franchize way too much.

The successful comicbook movies stay true to the core tennents of the stories and characters they use.  Iron Man, Nolan's Batman, those movies work because there is a genuine respect for the characters and the creative team stayed true to their established storylines and traits.  Those that have so far worked on the X-Men movie show no such respect.

#26 Posted by ZoddGuts (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks so bad they should have gone with this instead:

#27 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio
@zoddguts said:
" Looks so bad they should have gone with this instead:

"
Cosplay? Way for it to look better than the movie costume XD
#28 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio

emma frost in full diamond form! 
#29 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio
@doddy said:
"
  emma frost in full diamond form!  "
looks better than wolverine origins, happy she doesn't look like a frosted cupcake XD
#30 Edited by Ashra (674 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm.  Didn't quite get it, IMO.   And the above picture looks like she is covered in foil.  (Maybe it's looks better in film, than on the pic) They could've gotten someone better than J. Jones too.  Charlize Theron would've been great as Emma.  Maybe they couldn't afford her. 

#31 Posted by God_Spawn (37584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ashra: Alice Eve was originally gonna play Emma she wouldve done a pretty good job.
#32 Edited by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

more shots;

anyways, as i stated before, highly dissapointed /: looks like something a 40 year woman would buy as a cheap emma frost halloween costume, because she is unaware that she is 40
#33 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:

" more shots;

anyways, as i stated before, highly dissapointed /: looks like something a 40 year woman would buy as a cheap emma frost halloween costume, because she is unaware that she is 40
"
 i already hate this film
#34 Posted by Ashra (674 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @Ashra: Alice Eve was originally gonna play Emma she wouldve done a pretty good job. "
Agreed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.