Let her use TK... now!

• 137 results
#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

caption

caption

caption

Ok, so synch, synched his aura to emma and gains telekinesis....Why hasn't it been used by her voluntarily? ]=
#2 Posted by Midnight Assassin (955 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK.... maybe Marvel doesn't want Emma to have TK

#3 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't be cool if Emma has TK...her TP is what makes her...her...TK will poorly make her a copycat version of Jean

#4 Posted by Psysis (2396 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnight Assassin said:
"IDK.... maybe Marvel doesn't want Emma to have TK"

probably bc they dont want Emma to be more like jean than she is
#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

because Synch can do things with other people's powers that they themselves cannot, if I understood everything correctly about his powers

#6 Posted by Midnight Assassin (955 posts) - - Show Bio
Psysis said:
"Midnight Assassin said:
"IDK.... maybe Marvel doesn't want Emma to have TK"

probably bc they dont want Emma to be more like jean than she is"
True Dat.
#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"because Synch can do things with other people's powers that they themselves cannot, if I understood everything correctly about his powers"
telepathy and telekinesis aren't the same thing though
IcePrince_X said:
"It won't be cool if Emma has TK...her TP is what makes her...her...TK will poorly make her a copycat version of Jean"
A copycat? they shared a man and that's it. their personality sets them apart as is.
#8 Posted by Fae (805 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if pix demands it... =]

#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always thought TK was like the best power ever, so i'm admittedly biased in that respect...idk, i just want Emma to conquer the world.

]=
#10 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't he once synch with Chamber, and use his powers to fly (something Chamber had never done before)?

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms.Frost shouid never have TK...

#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
MUTANT413 said:
"

Didn't he once synch with Chamber, and use his powers to fly (something Chamber had never done before)?

"
Idk, still haven't finished generation X. You sure it wasn't monet or banshee?

Vance Astro said:
"Ms.Frost shouid never have TK..."
Don't say that.
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"MUTANT413 said:
"

"
Idk, still haven't finished generation X. You sure it wasn't monet or banshee?

Vance Astro said:
"Ms.Frost shouid never have TK..."
Don't say that.
"
She's powerful enough..TK is overboard.
#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

But she uses her TP, offensively, once every blue moon. Any other time the enemy has some protection to it. With TK she can throw people around without getting her hands dirty, much more Emma than an untrained brawler in her diamond form.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"But she uses her TP, offensively, once every blue moon. Any other time the enemy has some protection to it. With TK she can throw people around without getting her hands dirty, much more Emma than an untrained brawler in her diamond form."
That's why she has her diamond form.I think they should give her TK when they plan on offing her.
#16 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

No TK.

#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
MUTANT413 said:
"

"
Yes he did, But he flew by using chamber's abilities and projecting them downward to propel himself through the air. That's no explanation for him gaining TKKKKKKKKKKK
#18 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"MUTANT413 said:
"

"
Yes he did, But he flew by using chamber's abilities and projecting them downward to propel himself through the air. That's no explanation for him gaining TKKKKKKKKKKK"
..............Other than the fact that Emma is latently TK?
#19 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's just something they wrote it once or a few times then forgot completely about or scratched the idea for various reasons.

#20 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"pixelized said:
"MUTANT413 said:
"

"
Yes he did, But he flew by using chamber's abilities and projecting them downward to propel himself through the air. That's no explanation for him gaining TKKKKKKKKKKK"
"
which is the reason for this thread.
#21 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"John Valentine said:
"pixelized said:
"MUTANT413 said:
"

"
"
which is the reason for this thread."
Indeed. But she's jeanifying.
#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

This is from Gen X, right?  So the writers have probably forgotten about it & swept it under the carpet.  After all, the diamond powers have come to be her trademark as opposed to a blonde Jean Grey ;)

I have to admit, it wasn't until recently that I realised that Jean was the only mutant who'd been both a Telekinetic & Telepath at the same time.  I used to assume that the two powers went hand-in-hand.  But I'm glad they didn't continue with Emma's TK faux pas.
#23 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"This is from Gen X, right?  So the writers have probably forgotten about it & swept it under the carpet.  After all, the diamond powers have come to be her trademark as opposed to a blonde Jean Grey ;)
Yes Ma'am.

xerox-kitty said:

I have to admit, it wasn't until recently that I realised that Jean was the only mutant who'd been both a Telekinetic & Telepath at the same time.  I used to assume that the two powers went hand-in-hand.  But I'm glad they didn't continue with Emma's TK faux pas.
"
Now that you mention it, i hadn't thought about it either. I just always thought TK was a cool power and Emma's so hands off it's like a perfect match for her... instead of pretending to fight.

#24 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Yes Ma'am"
LOL!

pixelized said:
"Now that you mention it, i hadn't thought about it either. I just always thought TK was a cool power and Emma's so hands off it's like a perfect match for her... instead of pretending to fight."
I never really realised it... Betsy wasn't a TK till her 'power swap' (I still hate that) with Jean.  Revanche never showed any signs of TK.  Emma & the Professor didn't seem to use it.  And I could never understand why Justice was a TK but not a TP.  It was only a few weeks ago I realised Jean was pretty much the only (I could think of) who'd used both at the same time.  Of Course, Rachel, Cable X-Man & Maddy could too... but they all sprung from her genetics, I guess.
#25 Posted by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I've always thought TK was like the best power ever, so i'm admittedly biased in that respect...idk, i just want Emma to conquer the world.
]=
"
and i want her to die :D

then we have "Sad Cyclops = Happy Voidheart"

"sad pix = happy Void"

win
#26 Posted by Dane (10603 posts) - - Show Bio

It's alright, she'll tap into the phoenix force and be back by next issue.

#27 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Emma as she is .. the Diamond body is just perfect for her.
 It's been stated that she does have hidden TK power, But hasn't developed it yet.

Giving her TK will make her too similar to Jean,
But yeah, a more, 'active' power would be great for her
Like, an evolution on her current abilities such as:
- Turning things to diamond by a touch.
 - Diamond knives or something, Idk lol.

#28 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
AngelFrost said:
"It's been stated that she does have hidden TK power, But hasn't developed it yet."
Outside of Generation X, where has this been stated?  It seems more likely that they've retconned the TK possibility for the diamond body instead, not as well as,
#29 Posted by TOAA (169 posts) - - Show Bio
Just because someone uses telepathy to affect the inanimate things around them does not mean they have telekinesis. Think of when Jean had traded her telekinesis for Psylocke's telepathy. Her psychic attacks were so great that they caused physical damage. 
#30 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't confuse bad writing for powers.  Telekinesis is the power to move things with your mind... So if someone uses their mind to make something move, then it is telekinesis.  Telepathy is purely one mind to another.  There are different ways of using that, and to make it look like the physical world has been effected... but telepathy doesn't effect the physical world. 

#31 Posted by TOAA (169 posts) - - Show Bio
I am aware what the definitions of these powers are. You are not educating me. It was a consistent feat that Jean performed without the use of any telekinesis.
#32 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

But Jean has used both powers in the past.  Even when she returned to being just a telekinetic during her X-Factor days, she could still sense telepathic powers before anyone else.  So even though she had that dreadful power swap with Betsy, it isn't unreasonable to believe that she could also retain some telekinetic side effects.

But just because Jean could use both powers, doesn't mean that Emma should. 
#33 Posted by TOAA (169 posts) - - Show Bio
Her telekinesis was gone. Psylocke had it. Not a part of it. Yet Jean still was able to use enough psychic (telepathic) power to damage things physically. I do agree that just because Jean could do it does not mean Emma could. But Emma is supposed to be among the best psychics in the world. I believe the only psychic that is above her that is not omega is Xavier and that is it. 
#34 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
TOAA said:
"I believe the only psychic that is above her that is not omega is Xavier and that is it. "

Madelyne Pryor is massively more powerful than Emma. So is Rachel, though her control is not as fine.
#35 Posted by TOAA (169 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"
TOAA said:
"I believe the only psychic that is above her that is not omega is Xavier and that is it. "

Madelyne Pryor is massively more powerful than Emma. So is Rachel, though her control is not as fine.
"
Omega both of them
#36 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, I thought you meant Kid Omega.

#37 Posted by TOAA (169 posts) - - Show Bio
Oh I see. I apologize for not making myself more clear. 
#38 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"AngelFrost said:
"It's been stated that she does have hidden TK power, But hasn't developed it yet."
Outside of Generation X, where has this been stated?  It seems more likely that they've retconned the TK possibility for the diamond body instead, not as well as,
"
i knowwwwwwwww and it saddens me. Why can't they just go hand in hand?
#39 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"xerox-kitty said:
"AngelFrost said:
"
i knowwwwwwwww and it saddens me. Why can't they just go hand in hand?"
Cuz you're not on the writing staff ;)
#40 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Once i do make it, you'll be amazed by what i put out!

#41 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Emma Frost Rules The Marvel Universe... a bit like how the Punisher killed the MU but with blonde hair & bigger boobs? ;)

#42 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

and she needs a puppy, like Paris Hilton.

#43 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL... I can just picture her walking around with a little terrier's head sticking out of a white leather handbag.  Too tacky for the icey White Queen? ;)

#44 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think it would be good if emma wasnt like other tkers. I think it would be good if she was able to move objects or people under extreme conditions or unbeliviable emotions. For example if Sabretooth was about to rip scotts heart out emma subconsciously throws him into a wall. What i'm thinking about is maybe she could be an inconsistent telekinetic. Maybe she would only be able to activate it at certain times. Like she has no control over it. Sometimes its available to her and other times its not. What about endsong, she moved kitty w her mind. 
#45 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1 said:
"Do you think it would be good if emma wasnt like other tkers. I think it would be good if she was able to move objects or people under extreme conditions or unbeliviable emotions. For example if Sabretooth was about to rip scotts heart out emma subconsciously throws him into a wall. What i'm thinking about is maybe she could be an inconsistent telekinetic. Maybe she would only be able to activate it at certain times. Like she has no control over it. Sometimes its available to her and other times its not. What about endsong, she moved kitty w her mind.  "

that is a great idea but some see it as if emma would be to much like 
jean grey if she gained tk powers 
#46 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Emma should stick to telepathy and her diamond form. TK would turn into a replacement for Jean in the comics.

#47 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1:
I really like that. 
do you mean like a psychic version of wolverines berserker rage? where Emma would loose all self control and anleashes all her psi potential?
#48 Edited by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmkphoenixfan1 said:

" Do you think it would be good if emma wasnt like other tkers. I think it would be good if she was able to move objects or people under extreme conditions or unbeliviable emotions. For example if Sabretooth was about to rip scotts heart out emma subconsciously throws him into a wall. What i'm thinking about is maybe she could be an inconsistent telekinetic. Maybe she would only be able to activate it at certain times. Like she has no control over it. Sometimes its available to her and other times its not. What about endsong, she moved kitty w her mind.  "

It is possible that Emma has a very mild form of telekinesis. As you pointed out, in Endsong she pushed Kitty away. In the same story, she put a TK bubble around Scott's head to protect him from the Phoenix. I think it is mostly a plot hole, but it did happen twice in the same issue and then there is the Synch.
#49 Edited by cmkphoenixfan1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncanny89: I mean like if she sees something happening which she finds distressing she could unleash her emotions in the form of telekinesis. I'll take another example: She hears her cuckoos screaming in her head and finds them being attacked by danger, emma emotionally distressed reaches out her hand at danger and throws her through a wall. It could be a completely new way of using telekinesis. She could have psychic barriers in her mind which become lower when shes distressed or her emotions get the better of her. When they lower she suddenly has the power of telekinesis but its an unreliable power only working under certain conditions. The power of moving one object or person could leave her energy depleted which gives time for the barriers to be erected again leaving her w her tp and diamond form alone. 

I like your idea too though uncanny89, tk being represented as her full psi potential.
#50 Posted by Foreverbbyily (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89 said:
"I think Emma should stick to telepathy and her diamond form. TK would turn into a replacement for Jean in the comics. "

Not really because they have completly diffrent minds and diffrent additudes lol 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.