It's Diamonds Versus Technology in Avengers VS. X-Men #2

#1 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
Marvel's been rolling out the teasers for AVENGERS VS. X-MEN. We've seen previews, covers and this week has been about single match up teasers. So far we've seen Red Hulk vs. Colossus, Luke Cage vs. Namor and yesterday it was Cyclops vs. Captain America. Today we get to see The Queen of Diamonds facing off against the King Of Modern Technology. 

The war to save the Marvel Universe continues this April in Avengers VS. X-Men #2 as the Earth’s Mightiest go head to head against the Children of the Atom while the all-powerful Phoenix Force hurtles towards Earth!

You’ve heard It’s Coming—and this April The War Is Here in Avengers VS X-Men #2! All your favorite super heroes enter—and only one team will emerge victorious!

Which team will reign supreme? Join the conversation on Twitter with #AvX!

For more on Avengers VS X-Men, please visit http://avx.marvel.com

AVENGERS VS X-MEN #2 (FEB120534)

Written by JASON AARON

Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR.

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

FOC – 3/26/12, ON SALE – 4/18/12

So who wins, brains or inorganic brawn ?

#2 Posted by Joygirl (19396 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the question is: Who wins? Brains and Boobs or Brains and Inorganic Brawn. Tony's probably smarter than Emma. :P Anyway, I'll go with Ironman in the first foreseeable Avengers victory.

#3 Edited by God_Spawn (37696 posts) - - Show Bio

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID. The Hulk vs. Emma didn't make any sense and they think she even has a remote chance against Tony? She shouldn't even have shrugged him with a punch. Tony is practically immune to telepathy for the most part making Emma's main power useless and she is a 2 tonner in strength with barely noticeable speed and reflexes and only subpar hand to training. Her only good thing she has is the ridiculous durability she packs aside from the shatterpoint. Iron Man is LEAGUES above her in everything that counts. This is even worse than Namor vs Luke Cage for f*ck's sake.

Do you REALLY need to ask who wins?

#4 Posted by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, these are not regulated exhibition matches, nothing says it will be fair fights. Cheating is allowed.

For example, maybe Iron Man is almost down and out at this stage due to his previous fight with Magneto.

#5 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Just going with what I'm being shown, the one image and ludicrously well written dialogue, it appears (to me), that Emma has put her mind and diamond power in She-Hulks body (?) and Tony is wearing his flexible armor made from foam rubber (?), so...you know what though, that art sucks and I don't care. Not reading this tripe. Note to Marvel: if your selling the " biggest event ever " at least try and make it look like it is.

#6 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

Lol

#8 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

You are legend

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Dialog so bad....can't go on.......must not buy event

#10 Edited by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Emma is being recognized as a real head figure of the X-Men, being paired with Tony, but this match up is ridiculous. Unless she gets a major diamond form upgrade (which I've been hoping for for a while now) she has no chance.

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

Cries

#12 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

That's Scuba Man, not Iron Man. Shame on you Jr Jr.

#13 Posted by God_Spawn (37696 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

what the...?

-_-

I'm almost wanting that Hulk match up like originally teased now -_- Tony has so many powers in that armor it's ridiculous.

#14 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

She was shanked with a vibranium knife and she can be stabbed by it again

#15 Posted by God_Spawn (37696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx said:

She was shanked with a vibranium knife and she can be stabbed by it again

That was specifically made to cancel her powers.

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (37696 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Agreed. This is even worse than Namor vs Luke Cage in water. I thought Rulk and Colossus would be a good slug fight and Cap vs Cykes would be cool but the Emma one and the Namor one are complete mismatches.

#17 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@lykopis: Agreed. This is even worse than Namor vs Luke Cage in water. I thought Rulk and Colossus would be a good slug fight and Cap vs Cykes would be cool but the Emma one and the Namor one are complete mismatches.

tony should be rich enough to buy lots

#18 Edited by God_Spawn (37696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx: I'm not saying he isn't. You said she was stabbed with a vibranium knife which was only partly true.

#19 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: pats back

#20 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID. The Hulk vs. Emma didn't make any sense and they think she even has a remote chance against Tony? She shouldn't even have shrugged him with a punch. Tony is practically immune to telepathy for the most part making Emma's main power useless and she is a 2 tonner in strength with barely noticeable speed and reflexes and only subpar hand to training. Her only good thing she has is the ridiculous durability she packs aside from the shatterpoint. Iron Man is LEAGUES above her in everything that counts. This is even worse than Namor vs Luke Cage for f*ck's sake.

Do you REALLY need to ask who wins?

Its Marvel. Antagonizing their readers is what they do best.

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to unfairly generalise, but if you buy this series, you're a terrible person. 

#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I don't want to unfairly generalise, but if you buy this series, you're a terrible person.

<__<

#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

<__<

You don't count. I love you to bits, and your tolerance for crap is amazing. 
#24 Posted by stormphoenix (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall: hahaha its like she said "Falcon Punch!!" to Tony Stark haha.

#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

<__<

You don't count. I love you to bits, and your tolerance for crap is amazing.

#26 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good nod to their relationship, but seriously? They're are so many cheesy lines being promoted. I just want to see them fight.

#27 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duchess: Look on the bright side, at least we finally have a preview with a decent tagline.-_-

#28 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess Magneto ripped off his outersuit? The art just looks strange to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.