Is she using telepathy?

#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that was gone when she was a diamond?

#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

we'll blame it on bad writing. lol

#3 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats what it appears to be eh. Thats just Marvel being lazy (or maybe thats something thats been changed)

#4 Posted by Ketch (327 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"we'll blame it on bad writing. lol"

Could easily be artist error.

#5 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be she did that before she turned diamond...

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91363 posts) - - Show Bio

It would actually be better if she could use her telepathy in diamond form.She's not the greatest fighter in the world so all she can do is take shots in tha form.

#7 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

Ketch says:

"pixelized says:
"we'll blame it on bad writing. lol"

Could easily be artist error. "

#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"It would actually be better if she could use her telepathy in diamond form."
I agree...but she'd be too powerful....it'd be like giving colossuss telepathy....she's already, virtually, indestructable and has telepathy second to only Xavier.....having both powers at the same time could be too damagingKorg says:
"Could be she did that before she turned diamond..."

But she's a diamond and she's using it. the whole scene she is in diamond form

Post Edited:2008-05-18 18:09:53

#9 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Vance Astro says:
I agree...but she'd be too powerful....it'd be like giving colossuss telepathy....she's already, virtually, indestructable and has telepathy second to only Xavier.....having both powers at the same time could be too damaging"

yet still the writers would allow wolverine to beat her with his eyes closed

#10 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Assimilation says:

"yet still the writers would allow wolverine to beat her with his eyes closed"

hmmm?

#12 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Assimilation says:
"yet still the writers would allow wolverine to beat her with his eyes closed"
hmmm?"

sorry, had to put in a "Wolverine is overpowered" comment

#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

was that a for real thing that happend or something you came up with?

#14 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

something i came up with.

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

sexy

#16 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

have no idea how it's sexy. lol

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91363 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Vance Astro says:
I agree...but she'd be too powerful....it'd be like giving colossuss telepathy....she's already, virtually, indestructable and has telepathy second to only Xavier.....having both powers at the same time could be too damaging Korg says:
"Could be she did that before she turned diamond..."
But she's a diamond and she's using it. the whole scene she is in diamond form
Post Edited:2008-05-18 18:09:53"

She wouldn't be too powerful because obviously her diamond is easier broken then Colossus Organic Steel.

#18 Posted by King Saturn (224759 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost is Hot !!

Thats All I Got To Say

#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance the woman could melt someons brain...along with being one of the only survivors of the sentinal attack on genosha...it would be too much work for writers to come up with something to do some major damage to her

I liked angels secondary mutation.... [=

#20 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Just another reason why I hate secondary mutations. Of course, this is slightly better than Angel's.

"Got a cut? Don't worry, you'll be fine after I bleed all over you."

#21 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Vance the woman could melt someons brain...along with being one of the only survivors of the sentinal attack on genosha...it would be too much work for writers to come up with something to do some major damage to her I liked angels secondary mutation.... [="

would suck if he had AIDS though

#22 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Emma Frost is Hot !! ***Thats All I Got To Say***"

and dangerously intelligent

#23 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony Bishop says:

"Just another reason why I hate secondary mutations. Of course, this is slightly better than Angel's. "Got a cut? Don't worry, you'll be fine after I bleed all over you.""

he has now become part jesus. duh

#24 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Havent you heard assimilation...Mutants are imune to aids

frilz

#25 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

and basically all other fatal diseases, since nothing is fatal to a comic book character

#26 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

legacy virus

before it was cured

#27 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"legacy virus before it was cured"

i don't count that. It isn't an actual disease

#28 Posted by King Saturn (224759 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"King Saturn says:
"Emma Frost is Hot !! ***Thats All I Got To Say***"
and dangerously intelligent"

Agreed

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91363 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Vance the woman could melt someons brain...along with being one of the only survivors of the sentinal attack on genosha...it would be too much work for writers to come up with something to do some major damage to her I liked angels secondary mutation.... [="

True but her telepathy is powerful no matter what form she's in.Being in diamond form doesn't wouldn't enhance her telepathic abilities.Not only that but there are several heroes and villians who are immune to telepathy.

#30 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

LOl i know it doesnt enhance vance but for her to have access to it while invunerable would make her less susceptible to injury...plus her enhanced strength...she'd just be too strong for no reason and theres only so much that can be done with that.

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91363 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"LOl i know it doesnt enhance vance but for her to have access to it while invunerable would make her less susceptible to injury...plus her enhanced strength...she'd just be too strong for no reason and theres only so much that can be done with that. "

And i'm telling you she wouldn't make her unstoppable because her diamond has a weakness and there are people immune to telepathy.She would be lots more powerful but ahem Jean Grey was an X-man and she would be nowhere near as powerful as her or even Wanda for that matter...hell maybe not even Storm.

#32 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i never said unstoppable...just less easily affected by pain...jean was another overpowered mutant..but thats a story for another thread

#33 Posted by Djinn (779 posts) - - Show Bio

Diffenent artist put their own emphasis on marvel characters. Just like in the beginning where she first turned to diamond she could use telepathy then she couldnt. It depends on the artist.

#34 Posted by Luminum (8 posts) - - Show Bio

And highly considered a coloring error (though it was repeated in the last issues of Whedon's AXM). Basically, it's established that she can't use her telepathy in diamond form and she's immune to most telepathy while in diamond form. Martha the mutant brain doesn't count because she gives off psycho-chaff to mess up other mutants and Jean...well...Jean was using the Phoenix, so anything goes there.

As for the beginning of Morrisson's run, I imagine that parts where Emma appeared to use telepathy while in diamond form are just because he hadn't nailed down the finer points of her diamond form or more coloring errors had occurred.

#35 Posted by BigTPotts (123 posts) - - Show Bio

she could be threatening them or saying she will do it when she reverts back to human form

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.