I want her back!

#1 Posted by Veitha (3282 posts) - - Show Bio
Haters Gonna Hate

After seeing this image I became a little pissed off (not because the haters gonna hate stuff, lol)....

I want this Emma Frost back, I want her with those outfits and I want her written like Morrison and Whedon only could!

I miss the bitchy Em'

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I doubt Bendis is going to bring her back sadly, but I do miss her being more confident and snarky. Emma under Gillen and Fraction's pen was more or less just some witty commentary to make Scott more interesting.

#3 Posted by Veitha (3282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Yeah, especially with Fraction... he made her a "blonde Jean", while she's very different from Jean, and this is why I liked her

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

@Blood1991: Yeah, especially with Fraction... he made her a "blonde Jean", while she's very different from Jean, and this is why I liked her

I feel that she lost her edge after that. She wasn't as morally grey anymore. I'm not sure exactly what direction she is going to go in now, but they have alot of explaining to do in terms of her character. She is single, but still working with Scott, and I really want to get some information on her experiences and feelings after hosting the Phoenix force. She ate people, and was able to hear the thoughts of every person on the planet. That has got to have some lasting affects on her psyche.

#5 Posted by randalmeister (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: Although I agree whole-heartily, I'm not sure that it was simply that Emma was "bitchy", per se. She was smart, snarky, confident, cultured, and somewhat cold. She wasn't taken to following anyone blindly, Scott included. @Blood1991 is right that she has become a "good guy" in the strictest sense. Whedon and Morrison made her a person; complete with her own thoughts, feelings, goals, and motives. One doesn't need to questions these facets of her any more... They don't exist. I like a lot of what Fraction has done with many of the X-Men (regardless of my distaste for Greg Land's art) but he seems to lack any sense of Emma as a character and doesn't seem to have any idea what to do with her.

#6 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the vast majority of emma,s fans want that emma back.

#7 Posted by God_Spawn (37873 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring her back.

#8 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

That has always been Emma to me. I've been waiting a while for her to come back.

#9 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

Haters Gonna Hate

After seeing this image I became a little pissed off (not because the haters gonna hate stuff, lol)....

I want this Emma Frost back, I want her with those outfits and I want her written like Morrison and Whedon only could!

I miss the bitchy Em'

Amen.

#10 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been an Emma Frost fan for a very very long time, and I don't really want her to go back to how she used to be. When Emma first joined the X-Men she was bitchy and closed off to the rest of the X-Men because they all saw her as a villain. Throughout her time with the X-Men she changed not because she lost her edge but because she became a full fledged member of the X-Men and Headmistress of the school, she was (somewhat) accepted by most members of the team and students so I think that's what changed her. If she goes back to her standoff(ish) and bitchy ways I feel like it'll be for no reason. However, I would like to see her becoming more independent in making decisions for herself and not for Cyclops, and wouldn't mind seeing her going back to looking out for young mutants and teaching them.

#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I used to loathe Emma, now i feel nothing but remorse for her. Would very much like to go back to having this love/hate relationship with her, because that was when she was at her prime.

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss my Emma :(

#13 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3145 posts) - - Show Bio

i didnt like emma before but after seeing her hurt hope for no reason other (than scott was trying to protect hope)..... she'll always be kinda scary to me

#14 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved joss whedon's Emma

#16 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

I loved joss whedon's Emma

Best Emma ever.

#18 Posted by Son Of Storm (11293 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Emma was being controlled by Zero. She may have disliked Hope, but in her defense Hope was quite the obnoxious brat towards her.

Yeah, she deserved that slap.

#19 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3145 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Emma was being controlled by Zero. She may have disliked Hope, but in her defense Hope was quite the obnoxious brat towards her.

Yeah, she deserved that slap.

Hope deserves to get slapped for telling the truth?????.....lol

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: Don't talk sh!t about Natasha.

#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

She's the female James Bond, except Russian and sexier. :P

Redeemed.

#25 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

^ i never get why Emma has to get SOOOO bashed for being 'slutty'. i mean yeah she sexy, has a revealing outfit, has confirmed as sleeping with a few other characters....but so have a lot of marvel ladies and i dont see them get nearly as much hate as Emma does.

#26 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@CerealKiller: haters gonna hater girl. people are just jealous she gets a lot of attention as a leading X-Lady.

#27 Edited by Lockheedpryde1 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Emma as it was at the time of Morrison and Whedom.

#28 Posted by EmmaGraceFrost (44 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe we get our bitchy emma back now that her and scott are done.....i mean lets face it our girl has never been good at dealing with situations like this that ego of hers lol.

#29 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Emma looks horrible in this panel. Just saying what the hell is she wearing and what is wrong with her hair.

#30 Edited by OmegaHans (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright look. Here's the thing about Emma to me...

Reading her, she has never been easy to figure out beneath the surface, and she does that on purpose, but I'll tackle it. I don't care who you are on a team, or no matter what team it is, Emma has the personality of the fluffy white royal cat used to Fancy Feast, and she's going to do what she thinks she should do regardless of those who'd think she shouldn't. Depending on the results, this can go wrong, this can go right. For all that though, she's still a team player. Now, when she was in the X-Men she brought a left field to things.

People got to remember if it works for her, she'll think it will work for everyone. It tamed in her time with the school board, but never really went away. Her kind of teaching in the X-Men was based on hard point, common sensical earlier factors from first being a Hellfire Club member which all their members have had a certain air about them, to her Massachusetts time with the Hellions, Generation X, etc. added to that some advice and willingness to variate to oversee a larger mutant population.

She's a Machiavellian, a feminist queen, and optimist in her own way. She doesn't sugarcoat. She can be procrastinating. She looks good, has a natural sexual aura and she knows it. She has a high I.Q. and she knows that too (many people, even the writers, seem to forget that). Arrogant, and when she makes a viewpoint it can sting. Her occasional coldness comes from a source of confidence in her views, perhaps overconfidence a lot of times. She has a mental toughness and swagger that over the years, if you notice, rubbed off a lot on Cyclops.

A man's mind is elevated to the status of the women with whom he associates. The case with Cyclops and Emma's relationship.

She's a strict, but caring mother figure. Her good nature come out in the most appropriate moments, but so does the hard line with it. If one has an error, she's going to be the first to call on it. If you have mutant powers, you're going to learn those powers from old fashioned experience in her teaching to do what is beneficial for the X-Men's and mutant survival, or on whatever team she's, not necessarily just for a philosophical reason like Xavier would do. Death will be learned by experienced killing, sex will be learned by experiencing sex, mutancy will be learned by teaching her students to be prideful of that mutancy.

When she fails in her duties, and she has, it hurts her the most. But she's never been a quitter, say what you want.

She has a dream for mutants, but her dream is different than Xavier's as I think she feels mutants are superior and should be touted as such, but not to the extremes of Magneto or Apocalypse, because she still believes in assisting non-mutants at the end of the day (ex: ordering Daken of all people not to kill in Dark X-Men).

Her presence and time in the X-Men changed them, hardened them, gave them more attitude. Bottom line, I don't necessary like her, I even used to hate her, but she did more good for the X-Men than bad for the X-Men. She borders on anti-hero still at this moment, but when you look at it from a wide view, she has changed the way people could view what an actual hero and villain is.

Whatever she does in the future, she's earned some deserved respect. I won't support reading any extremist actions if that should be the direction Marvel takes her, but I'll never think of her as a villain again. I feel she was handled the best with Morrison. Sometimes Fraction, but that can go either way.

#31 Posted by doddy (251 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaHans: I really like your post!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.